|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Dust Tracks on the Road : Chapter 2, I Get Born & The Inside Search.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what is "a crow in a pigeon's nest" referring?
(a) Zora's curious nature.
(b) Zora's father's rage.
(c) The white man.
(d) Zora's exclusion from her family.
2. Why did Zora have good feelings toward white people?
(a) She's had good experiences with them.
(b) She didn't have time for negative feelings.
(c) Her parents taught her by their example.
(d) She had good feelings towards everyone.
3. Eatonville was established as an all _______ town.
4. Where was Zora's father from?
(a) New York.
(b) He was an immigrant.
5. How long did John Hurston pursue Zora's mother?
(c) Several weeks.
(d) An afternoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What role did the white man play in Zora's young life?
2. What effect did Maitland have on Eatonville?
3. Zora's anecdotes are vivid but _______.
4. How did the Hurston family view the white man?
5. Zora described the white man's relationship with her as _______.
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)