|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Dust Tracks on the Road : Chapter 2, I Get Born & The Inside Search.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Zora's mother's family feel about the engagement?
(a) They were indifferent.
(b) They were opposed.
(c) They were hesitant.
(d) They were thrilled.
2. Zora's anecdotes are vivid but _______.
3. How did the Hurston family view the white man?
(a) They didn't like him.
(b) They were grateful to him.
(c) They thought he was a spirit.
(d) They soon forgot about him.
4. Zora's mother's family name was _____.
5. To what is "a crow in a pigeon's nest" referring?
(a) Zora's father's rage.
(b) Zora's curious nature.
(c) Zora's exclusion from her family.
(d) The white man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was John Hurston's distinguishing feature?
2. Zora's mother was from a ______ family.
3. How did Zora's mother know the white man who comes to her?
4. Why are parents annoyed by children asking questions, according to Zora?
5. In terms of race, John Hurston was _______.
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)