|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Dust Tracks on the Road : Chapter 2, I Get Born & The Inside Search.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the founders of Eatonville travel and find a colony?
(b) New York.
2. How long did John Hurston pursue Zora's mother?
(a) An afternoon.
(c) Several weeks.
3. What role did the white man have in the Hurstons' lives?
(a) He paid for their food.
(b) He blackmailed John.
(c) He moved in and helped with housework.
(d) He was not very physically present.
4. What role did the white man play in Zora's young life?
(a) He secretly paid for school.
(b) He acted as a bodyguard.
(c) He acted as an Uncle.
(d) He became her new father.
5. Why are parents annoyed by children asking questions, according to Zora?
(a) The children won't listen to the answers.
(b) Parents like to be quiet.
(c) Children shouldn't know too much.
(d) Parents have to think about what they actually do know and what they don't know.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Zora have good feelings toward white people?
2. Why did the white man come to Zora's mother's house?
3. How does Zora say parents respond to children's questioning?
4. What effect did Maitland have on Eatonville?
5. Who founded Eatonville?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)