|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made Zora stand out in the group at Gilbert & Sullivan?
(a) She was the only woman.
(b) She had a vibrant personality.
(c) She was the only African-American.
(d) She was the only one with an education.
2. Whom did Zora live with after being fired from her first job?
(a) Some friends.
(b) In an alley.
(c) Her brother.
(d) A homeless shelter.
3. Why was Zora's grandmother mad at her mother?
(a) For marrying John Hurston.
(b) For leaving home early.
(c) For taking her money.
(d) For having so many children.
4. What defined the political makeup of Polk County?
5. What made finding work difficult for Zora?
(a) She was a girl.
(b) She was educated.
(c) She was too young.
(d) She was black.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Fanny take Zora on a spontaneous trip?
2. Zora's nature was contradictory to ___________.
3. What was especially tragic about Zora's mother's death?
4. Before meeting up with Gilbert & Sullivan, Zora felt _____.
5. Where was Zora's mother's midwife during the birth?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)