|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Jacksonville & Railroad (cs 7 & 8 incl).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Zora's stepmother NOT want?
(a) To live in Eatonville.
(b) To work.
(c) John Hurston's children.
2. Zora's mother's family name was _____.
3. Why did Zora's mother give in to Hurston?
(a) She had no other options.
(b) She thought he'd eventually leave.
(c) He was very charming.
(d) Her parents made her.
4. What was the age difference between Zora's mother and father?
(a) She was older than Zora's father.
(b) They were the same age.
(c) It was never discussed.
(d) He was older than Zora's mother.
5. Why are parents annoyed by children asking questions, according to Zora?
(a) Parents like to be quiet.
(b) The children won't listen to the answers.
(c) Parents have to think about what they actually do know and what they don't know.
(d) Children shouldn't know too much.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the founders of Eatonville travel and find a colony?
2. Zora describes Joe Clark's porch as a ________.
3. What did Zora do to her stepmother?
4. The white neighbors of Maitland were very _______.
5. If someone took a small case to trial in Eatonville, what would happen?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)