|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Two Women.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the miners in Polk find in the mines?
(a) Relics of Earth's history.
(c) A body.
(d) People hiding.
2. How did Dr. Boas receive Zora's failure?
(a) He wasn't terribly disappointed.
(b) He consoled her.
(c) He was happy.
(d) He was livid.
3. When Zora was almost fired, who stood up for her?
(a) A neighbor.
(b) The children.
(c) Her family.
(d) The other boss.
4. What did Zora's stepmother want?
(b) A divorce.
(c) More children.
(d) John Hurston.
5. How does Zora describe the challenges she's faced in her life?
Short Answer Questions
1. Because of their findings, Zora equates mining with ___________.
2. At her first job, Zora was trained to do what?
3. In "Two Women," what element of female life is Zora portraying?
4. Ethel Waters was very ______.
5. What was especially tragic about Zora's mother's death?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)