|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alex Robbins tells Rufus he will stop by his home when during their ride with Ernie Brown?
2. When the Gassers escape toward their car, Rufus yells out what?
3. Rufus attacks Simon when he sees him with the object in the bag, and and who has to tackle Rufus?
4. After Rufus strikes Simon at the phone booth, he manages to fend off an attack by whom?
5. The Moors begin to climb up a chain-link fence but don't make it over before what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Willie takes the Moors to see the gun he has obtained?
2. What type of trouble does Rufus Henry initially encounter with the rifle that Willie obtains?
3. What transpires when Alex Robbins later stops by Rufus Henry's home after the graduation celebration?
4. What sort of costs do the Moors encounter when making arrangements for the graduation celebration?
5. What is Rufus Henry's reaction the next time Nonie Emrey and Judy Williams discuss the Moors sponsoring a graduation celebration?
6. What proposal does Rufus Henry make to the leader of the Aztecs after Pelican Smith says no?
7. How does Rufus Henry gain possession of the Gassers' car and destroy it?
8. What happens when Rufus Henry, feeling embarrassed regarding the Ernie Brown scrapbook incident, meets up with his gang at the Happy Place?
9. At the playground while the Moors are awaiting the arrival of Alex Robbins for a 7 p.m. meeting, two girls approach them in the dark and propose what?
10. What does Ernie Brown suggest the boys begin in the projects?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Delineate how characterization is central within the final chapters. What are some of the ways Rufus Henry demonstrates his having matured? How does the graduation dance mark Rufus' shift? What conscious decisions does Rufus begin making in his transition from crime and violence to constructive action? Whereas he had previously thought the graduation dance would be a means of getting Simon Jones locked up for a good while, what does he attempt to do as he is entering the event? What actions does he take that are responsible when the Gassers cause trouble at the affair? When he is having his discussion with his mother and Alex Robbins following the dance, what does Rufus recognize regarding the future course he will be taking?
Essay Topic 2
Rufus Henry recognizes that he wants to attend college, but to do so requires him to obtain a scholarship. What sports scholarship does Rufus seek? What steps is Rufus following toward achieving that goal? What dietary procedures is he pursuing? What sort of employment does Rufus feel he must obtain in order to develop his muscles?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways does Rufus Henry display his cleverness in retaliating against the Gassers for attacking his sister? What sort of trap does he set up? How does he get them to fall into that trap? What reward do the Moors achieve? What risk do they take? How wise is it on Rufus' part to take such a risk?
This section contains 1,224 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)