|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rufus emerges out of the conflict with Bantu a leader who truly deserves what?
(a) The impertinence and esteem of his fellow Moors.
(b) The lament and honor of his fellow Moors.
(c) The honor and respect of his fellow Moors.
(d) The respect and contempt of his fellow Moors.
2. In studying their file, Alex Robbins learns how many of the Moors have their fathers supporting them?
(a) All but two.
(d) About half.
3. Durango Street offers hope that a dangerous gang is able to become a benign social organization how?
(a) With help from sports figures.
(b) With outside intervention.
(c) With no outside intervention necessary.
(d) Members going to prison or outgrowing their youth.
4. Rufus realizes the Moors must agree to meet Alex Robbins at the crafts room for what reason?
(a) The Moors have to discuss the matter to see if enough of them can go.
(b) The Moors has to have a majority agree before they make a move.
(c) Alex Robbins can cause trouble for them with the police.
(d) The official leader of the Moors is still in police custody.
5. Bonham shows that an unsafe environment can lead teens into gang violence as they group together for what purpose?
(c) Feeling "cool".
Short Answer Questions
1. As soon as Rufus makes his pledge and shakes Bantu's hand, what transpires next?
2. The meetings Rufus has with Mr. Rubio transpire when?
3. The other Moors members, who all had been beaten by Bantu when they joined the gang, now seem what?
4. It is noted that it is safer for Rufus to keep from using a knife in the confrontation from what standpoint?
5. Aware the Gassers will be looking for him after the broken glass event, Rufus decides he needs to find Baby Gibson for what reason?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the opening chapters, what type of picture does author Frank Bonham paint of Rufus Henry's new environment in the Durango Housing Project?
2. At the beginning of the novel, during his weekly meeting with Rufus Henry, how does social worker Mr. Rubio attempt to let Rufus know he is aware of his Ernie Brown scrapbook?
3. Why is the house in the Durango Housing Project not one in which Rufus Henry will feel at home?
4. What does Rufus Henry do when Alex Robbins finds the Moors boys for the first time?
5. In the meeting following his fight with Bantu Motley, what does Rufus Henry suggest regarding how the Moors should deal with the Gassers?
6. In the weekly conversation that social worker Mr. Rubio has with Rufus Henry where they discuss his Ernie Brown scrapbook, what news does he relay to Rufus?
7. While still at the crafts center, what is Rufus Henry's response when Alex Robbins suggests the Moors elect a president for their social club?
8. En route to the store, what quickly happens when Rufus Henry and his sister encounter a carload of gang members?
9. How does Rufus Henry deal with Idell subsequent to Rufus' fight with Bantu Motley?
10. At the beginning of Durango Street, what is it Rufus Henry's parole officer, Ed Travers, initially ensures?
This section contains 1,270 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)