|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This first time he has their car keys, Rufus has the Gassers get into their car and he leaves the keys for them where?
(a) At the Happy Spot taco stand.
(b) With the owner of the grocery store.
(c) At the Fat Boy's drive-in.
(d) At the other end of the alley.
2. Sergeant Starkey is doubtful Alex Robbins will be successful in his assignment as the police have been unable to achieve that for how long?
(a) 30 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 25 years.
(d) 15 years.
3. Rufus emerges out of the conflict with Bantu a leader who truly deserves what?
(a) The honor and respect of his fellow Moors.
(b) The lament and honor of his fellow Moors.
(c) The impertinence and esteem of his fellow Moors.
(d) The respect and contempt of his fellow Moors.
4. Why does the cop let the Gassers carload go?
(a) There is no curfew for teenagers.
(b) He is receiving a dispatch to another urgent call.
(c) He is about to get off his shift.
(d) There is no law against cruising.
5. The cop stopping the Gassers car remembers seeing one of the boys at the station several times using what name?
(a) Rufus Henry.
(b) Robert Jones.
(c) Henry Jones.
(d) Simon Jones.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the new home Rufus' parole officer takes him to?
2. Responding to Alex Robbins' suggestion that the Moors elect a new president, Rufus nominates which members as president and secretary respectively?
3. Upon instructing his sister and leaving the store, Rufus does what?
4. Rufus' mother says Rufus may take his sister along to the store, but his brother must stay behind to do what?
5. As soon as Rufus makes his pledge and shakes Bantu's hand, what transpires next?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Rufus Henry nervous about going to the Durango Housing Project?
2. What procedure do the Moors members follow in allowing Rufus Henry into their gang?
3. What does Rufus Henry do when Alex Robbins finds the Moors boys for the first time?
4. Why is the house in the Durango Housing Project not one in which Rufus Henry will feel at home?
5. In the opening chapters, what type of picture does author Frank Bonham paint of Rufus Henry's new environment in the Durango Housing Project?
6. At the beginning of the novel, during his weekly meeting with Rufus Henry, how does social worker Mr. Rubio attempt to let Rufus know he is aware of his Ernie Brown scrapbook?
7. What are some of the things Alex Robbins from the Group Service Council learns upon studying the Moors' police file on the morning following the call he receives from Ed Travers?
8. Later on the evening that Rufus Henry accepts membership into the Moors gang, why is it that Ed Travers makes a call on Rufus' behalf?
9. After the police officer who pulls them over for questioning lets them go, what does Rufus Henry tell his sister as they continue to the grocery?
10. How is it that Rufus Henry is let into the Moors gang after the president of the gang initially says no to his request?
This section contains 1,276 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)