|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The grocery owner tells Rufus to do what as he stalls?
(a) Hurry up.
(b) Take his time.
(c) Watch out for "Gassers" kids lurking outside.
(d) Listen to the ball game on the radio.
2. Which problems does Rufus admit to Mr. Rubio?
(d) Narcotics addiction.
3. Where does the knife fighting among the Moors take place?
(a) The Happy Spot.
(b) In an alley several blocks from the Happy Spot.
(c) Outside Rufus' house.
(d) Fat Boy's.
4. As soon as Rufus makes his pledge and shakes Bantu's hand, what transpires next?
(a) Except for Tantu and Baby Gibson, the Moors start beating on Rufus.
(b) Bantu, Baby Gibson, and the other Moors start beating on Rufus.
(c) Except for Baby Gibson, the Moors start beating on Rufus.
(d) Except for Tantu, the Moors start beating on Rufus.
5. Rufus emerges out of the conflict with Bantu a leader who truly deserves what?
(a) The impertinence and esteem of his fellow Moors.
(b) The lament and honor of his fellow Moors.
(c) The honor and respect of his fellow Moors.
(d) The respect and contempt of his fellow Moors.
Short Answer Questions
1. After leaving his tire job, where does Rufus go and find Baby Gibson?
2. Rufus' mother says Rufus may take his sister along to the store, but his brother must stay behind to do what?
3. Concluding his fight with Bantu, Rufus calls for a Moors meeting to be held when?
4. En route to the store, kids in a car with a "Gassers" sticker throw what at Rufus?
5. Alex Robbins learns at the station that the members of the Moors range from age 15 to how old?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the beginning of the novel, during his weekly meeting with Rufus Henry, how does social worker Mr. Rubio attempt to let Rufus know he is aware of his Ernie Brown scrapbook?
2. What does Rufus Henry do when Alex Robbins finds the Moors boys for the first time?
3. What procedure do the Moors members follow in allowing Rufus Henry into their gang?
4. En route to the store, what quickly happens when Rufus Henry and his sister encounter a carload of gang members?
5. In the opening chapters, what type of picture does author Frank Bonham paint of Rufus Henry's new environment in the Durango Housing Project?
6. Why is the house in the Durango Housing Project not one in which Rufus Henry will feel at home?
7. How does Rufus Henry deal with Idell subsequent to Rufus' fight with Bantu Motley?
8. How does the knife fight between Bantu Motley and Rufus Henry proceed?
9. What Is Rufus Henry's recollection of his mother first telling him about her marriage to Ernie Brown?
10. Why is it that Rufus Henry intentionally ruins tires he is working on at his new job in the repair shop?
This section contains 1,187 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)