|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sergeant Starkey is doubtful Alex Robbins will be successful in his assignment as the police have been unable to achieve that for how long?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 30 years.
(d) 25 years.
2. What does his parole officer state as a condition of Rufus' parole?
(a) Rufus must not drive a motor vehicle except for work.
(b) Rufus must not smoke, drink alcohol, or use narcotics.
(c) Rufus must stay unconnected to any gangs.
(d) Rufus must stay in his home except to look for work.
3. What does Rufus' mother tell him took place regarding her marriage to Ernie Brown?
(a) It lasts only 2 weeks, his parents have it annulled, he goes to college.
(b) It lasts a few months, his parents have it annulled, he goes to college.
(c) His parents have it annulled after a few weeks, he goes to college.
(d) It lasts nearly a year, his parents have it annulled, he goes to college.
4. En route to the store, kids in a car with a "Gassers" sticker throw what at Rufus?
(a) A sack of chains.
(b) A sack of dirty diapers.
(c) A sack of broken bricks.
(d) A sack of empty bottles.
5. Mr. Rubio inquires how Rufus feels about his father, and gets what reply?
(a) He does not ever recall meeting the man.
(b) He was told the man died in war.
(c) He was told the man left home when Rufus was an infant.
(d) He was told the man died in an accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once the kid with red hair leaves the grocery, what does Rufus tell his sister to do?
2. At his new job repairing tires, Rufus does not like it when the boss, Mr. Wells, does what?
3. What does Rufus offer to buy with the money he gets when he leaves Pine Valley?
4. Rufus thinks his father is John Henry until he is how old?
5. What does Rufus offer Idell a chance to do following Bantu's defeat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What Is Rufus Henry's recollection of his mother first telling him about her marriage to Ernie Brown?
2. While still at the crafts center, what is Rufus Henry's response when Alex Robbins suggests the Moors elect a president for their social club?
3. How is it that Rufus Henry displays his practical side when initially encountering the Gassers gang?
4. Why is it that members of the Gassers gang all have the same hair color?
5. In the weekly conversation that social worker Mr. Rubio has with Rufus Henry where they discuss his Ernie Brown scrapbook, what news does he relay to Rufus?
6. How does Rufus Henry deal with Idell subsequent to Rufus' fight with Bantu Motley?
7. Before leaving the crafts center, how does Rufus Henry manage to embarrass himself when Alex Robbins attempts to find out if the Moors have an interest in watching the Marauders practice?
8. How is it that Rufus Henry becomes leader of the Moors?
9. What are some of the things Alex Robbins from the Group Service Council learns upon studying the Moors' police file on the morning following the call he receives from Ed Travers?
10. What happens when Rufus Henry learns that Ernie Brown will soon join the Marauders?
This section contains 1,278 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)