|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Rufus and his mother do in response to Alex Robbins' recommendation regarding the pigtail being cut off?
(a) Both Rufus and his mother agree to follow Alex Robbins' proposal.
(b) Both Rufus and his mother refuse to follow Alex Robbins' proposal.
(c) Rufus follows Alex Robbins' proposal, his mother does not.
(d) Rufus' mother follows Alex Robbins' proposal, Rufus does not.
2. Alex Robbins stops by Rufus' home after the dance and Mrs. Henry brings up what topic?
(a) Rufus getting off of parole.
(b) Rufus being able to get a job working at the civic center.
(c) Whether Alex believes he is making progress with the Moors.
(d) Rufus going back to school next year.
3. The Moors gather to await Ernie Brown and the beginning of the football rally when Rufus notices what?
(a) Police officers are on patrol in the area.
(b) Ernie Brown is with the Gassers near the far end of the field.
(c) Alex Robbins is sitting with the Gassers.
(d) Willie is not there.
4. Willie takes Rufus and the Moors to a spot where he has hidden the rifle that is located where?
(a) In an air vent.
(b) Under a bridge.
(c) In a basement.
(d) In a shed.
5. Observing what he does about the Gassers' dates, what does Rufus also see those Gassers doing?
(a) Collecting together near the entrance.
(b) Watching the rear exit door.
(c) Staring at an air vent.
(d) Apparently getting intoxicated.
6. What does Rufus claim about the Ernie Brown scrapbook?
(a) It was stolen from him.
(b) He does not know anything.
(c) It belongs to his younger sister.
(d) It belongs to his younger brother.
7. What does Rufus notice about the Gassers' dates later?
(a) They are hanging near the rear exit door.
(b) They are associating with dates of Moors members.
(c) They appear intoxicated.
(d) They have disappeared.
8. How much will the band that the Moors are seeking to hire cost?
9. Rufus attacks Simon when he sees him with the object in the bag, and and who has to tackle Rufus?
(a) Alex Robbins.
(b) A police officer.
(c) Ernie Brown.
(d) Some parents.
10. In what fashion do the Moors decide they want to host an event?
(a) At a local hall, with roughly a hundred guests and police present.
(b) At a local hall, with several hundred guests and police present.
(c) At the civic center, with several hundred guests and police present.
(d) At a local hall, with several hundred guests and no police present.
11. Suddenly Simon and the Gassers all fall down in pursuit, tripped by what?
(a) A wire stretched between the two industrial garages.
(b) A wire stretched between the two construction office trailers.
(c) A wire stretched between the two abandoned train cars.
(d) A wire stretched between the two sheds.
12. Following the rumble where Simon's car is demolished, Alex Robbins suggests getting the Moors and Gassers together on neutral ground where?
(a) The Mariners' training camp.
(b) The Marauders' training camp.
(c) The Cathedral Heights police station.
(d) A park.
13. When Simon tells Ernie Brown that Rufus keeps his scrapbook that he calls his dream book, Rufus tackles and wrestles Simon until when?
(a) The cops break up their fight.
(b) Rufus wins the fight.
(c) Ernie Bown separates them.
(d) Alex Robbins separates them.
14. Alex Robbins tells Rufus he will stop by his home when during their ride with Ernie Brown?
(a) The next evening.
(b) The next afternoon.
(c) The next morning.
(d) That evening.
15. What happens when Rufus approaches Simon?
(a) Simon walks to the boys' room.
(b) Simon simply smiles and ignores Rufus.
(c) Simon remains in his seat.
(d) Simon gets out of his seat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which police officer brings in a Gasser discovered in the alley?
2. Rufus is pleased with the plan to hold the dance, as he thinks Simon will try to make trouble and what will happen?
3. Which of the Moors has a sense of how to play the football from Rufus' perspective?
4. Rufus runs up to the phone booth where Simon routinely waits for calls and does what?
5. Upon seeing smoke and smelling burning rubber, Alex Robbins and Rufus have the band's leader make what announcement?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)