|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alex Robbins asks the Moors if they would like to do what in reference to the local football team?
(a) Catch passes from members.
(b) Watch them play a game.
(c) Go meet members.
(d) Watch them practice.
2. What does Rufus tell his mother he really wants to become?
(a) A pilot.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A football coach.
(d) A computer programmer.
3. What is the name of the team Ernie Brown is being traded to in Coast City?
(a) The Mariners.
(b) The Marauders.
(c) The Mavericks.
(d) The Miners.
4. While holding the broken bottle in defense, what does Rufus say he is demanding the Gassers' car keys for?
(a) Throwing them in the sewer.
(b) Locking them in the car's trunk.
(c) Stealing their car.
(d) Keeping them so they cannot chase him.
5. Once safely at home following the alley confrontation, Rufus hears his mother doing what?
(b) Talking on the phone.
(d) Talking to his sister.
6. Rufus' winning his fight against Bantu without inflicting the severe damage a knife brings with it symbolizes what?
(a) Rufus' capacity for noble action is equal to Bantu's.
(b) Rufus' capacity for noble action is less than Bantu's.
(c) Rufus' capacity for noble action is greater than Bantu's.
(d) He is unneccessary in beating Bantu once the latter drops his knife.
7. When Alex Robbins studies the Moors' file, he finds there are how many members, including Rufus?
8. Rufus recognizes he is moving dangerously fast in his plan to make a truce with other gangs, but reminds himself of what?
(a) He needs to move quickly to stay ahead of the Gassers.
(b) Progress requires that he take some risk.
(c) He cannot back down now that he has proposed his plan.
(d) Ernie Brown moves just as fast on the football field.
9. What is the final tally in the vote regarding Rufus joining the Moors?
(a) All but 3 in favor.
(b) All but 5 in favor.
(c) All but 4 in favor.
(d) All but 2 in favor.
10. Who convinces the other Moors members to allow him to speak as their representative to Alex Robbins?
(a) Richard Motley.
(b) Whitey James.
(d) Baby Gibson.
11. What does Alex Robbins tell the Moors his job is?
(a) To help them get through school.
(b) To keep them from getting into trouble.
(c) To help them find jobs.
(d) To fix their problems.
12. What does Rufus agree to spray-paint on the front door of the Cathedral Heights police station?
(a) "Moors rule".
(b) "Moors is best".
(c) "Moors is boss".
(d) "Moors is tops".
13. After the cop finishes questioning Rufus and his sister, what does Rufus do?
(a) Rufus continues to walk leisurely with his sister down the street.
(b) Rufus takes his sister's hand and leads her into a nearby store.
(c) Rufus chastises his sister for giving too much information to the cop.
(d) Rufus keeps walking quickly with his sister to leave the dark streets.
14. Rufus thinks his father is John Henry until he is how old?
15. Upon instructing his sister and leaving the store, Rufus does what?
(a) Hangs around outside the store in case the "Gassers" kids return.
(b) Runs another way to ensure the "Gassers" kids do not spot him.
(c) Runs away from his house so the "Gassers" kids do not find his home.
(d) Walks slowly down the street to ensure the "Gassers" kids spot him.
Short Answer Questions
1. His first day out of Pine Valley, Rufus has a daydream about what?
2. When Rufus first asks Bantu to be allowed to join, his initial response is what?
3. Aware the Gassers will be looking for him after the broken glass event, Rufus decides he needs to find Baby Gibson for what reason?
4. Mr. Rubio inquires how Rufus feels about his father, and gets what reply?
5. En route to the store, kids in a car with a "Gassers" sticker throw what at Rufus?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)