|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rufus manages to hold his own against Bantu, forcing him to drop his knife, and then what?
(a) Beats him unconscious.
(b) Beats him semi-conscious.
(c) Chases him from the scene.
(d) Strikes him a number of times quite hard.
2. Responding to Alex Robbins' suggestion that the Moors elect a new president, Rufus nominates which members as president and secretary respectively?
(a) Leeroy, Whitey.
(b) Willie, Leeroy.
(c) Whitey, Leeroy.
(d) Leeroy, Willie.
3. Concluding his fight with Bantu, Rufus calls for a Moors meeting to be held when?
(a) One week after Bantu leaves the gang.
(b) Later that night when Bantu leaves the gang.
(c) On Saturday night after Bantu leaves the gang.
(d) The day after Bantu leaves the gang.
4. Where does Alex Robbins initially locate the Moors?
(a) On top of the apartment building where Baby lives.
(b) Outside the Fat Boy's drive-in.
(c) On the street outside the apartments where Baby lives.
(d) Outside the Happy Spot taco stand.
5. What does Rufus offer to buy with the money he gets when he leaves Pine Valley?
(b) Clothes for his mother.
(c) Clothes for his siblings.
6. How does Rufus learn that Ernie Brown is being traded to Coast City's team?
(a) The newspaper.
(b) A magazine.
(c) The radio.
(d) The television.
7. What does Rufus ask the president of Baby's gang for?
(a) Entry into the Moors to help steal cars.
(b) Entry into the Moors to conduct burglaries.
(c) Entry into the Moors for protection.
(d) Entry into the Moors for drug access.
8. When Alex Robbins incorrectly relates some of Ernie Brown's stats, Rufus corrects him and then is embarrassed for what reason?
(a) Exposing his obsession with sports.
(b) Acting like a know-it-all.
(c) Exposing his obsession with Ernie Brown.
(d) Exposing his obsession with football.
9. Alex Robbins asks the Moors if they would like to do what in reference to the local football team?
(a) Watch them play a game.
(b) Watch them practice.
(c) Go meet members.
(d) Catch passes from members.
10. In their initial contact, where does Alex Robbins ask the Moors to meet him later that same evening?
(a) The crafts room at the Teagarden Street playground.
(b) The crafts room at the Durango Street playground.
(c) The crafts room at the Chestnut Street playground.
(d) The crafts room at the Walnut Street playground.
11. Rufus emerges out of the conflict with Bantu a leader who truly deserves what?
(a) The honor and respect of his fellow Moors.
(b) The lament and honor of his fellow Moors.
(c) The impertinence and esteem of his fellow Moors.
(d) The respect and contempt of his fellow Moors.
12. Rufus thinks his father is John Henry until he is how old?
13. What does Rufus do to stall for time at the grocery?
(a) Talks with the clerk.
(b) Reads labels.
(c) Buys sodas to drink for his sister and himself.
(d) Talks with the owner.
14. What topic does Mr. Rubio slyly try to introduce into the conversation?
15. Alex Robbins learns at the station that the members of the Moors range from age 15 to how old?
Short Answer Questions
1. As the cop approaches Rufus and his sister, what name does Rufus provide as his identification?
2. Rufus manages to hold his own against the boys' attacks during his initiation until what?
3. Which two Moors members does Alex Robbins learn exhibit high potential?
4. When the Gassers surround Rufus in an alley, Rufus breaks a bottle of ________ to defend himself with the glass.
5. While looking at his scrapbook, what is Rufus thinking?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)