|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rufus recognizes he is moving dangerously fast in his plan to make a truce with other gangs, but reminds himself of what?
(a) He needs to move quickly to stay ahead of the Gassers.
(b) Progress requires that he take some risk.
(c) He cannot back down now that he has proposed his plan.
(d) Ernie Brown moves just as fast on the football field.
2. How do the gang members reflect their vote for Rufus to join the Moors?
(a) Lit matches.
(b) Bottle caps.
(c) Show of hands.
(d) Standing and sitting.
3. Rufus is wearing _________ as he leaves Pine Valley.
(a) Comfortable semi-dress clothes.
(b) An ill-fitting exit outfit.
(c) His Boy Scout uniform.
(d) Jeans, a T-shirt, and sneakers.
4. At his new job repairing tires, Rufus does not like it when the boss, Mr. Wells, does what?
(a) Uses the terms "boy" and "jailbird" to refer to him.
(b) Uses the terms "scum" and "jailbird" to refer to him.
(c) Uses the terms "lowlife" and "scum" to refer to him.
(d) Uses the terms "jailbird" and "riffraff" to refer to him.
5. As soon as Rufus makes his pledge and shakes Bantu's hand, what transpires next?
(a) Bantu, Baby Gibson, and the other Moors start beating on Rufus.
(b) Except for Tantu and Baby Gibson, the Moors start beating on Rufus.
(c) Except for Baby Gibson, the Moors start beating on Rufus.
(d) Except for Tantu, the Moors start beating on Rufus.
6. Who convinces the other Moors members to allow him to speak as their representative to Alex Robbins?
(a) Baby Gibson.
(c) Whitey James.
(d) Richard Motley.
7. Which two Moors members does Alex Robbins learn exhibit high potential?
(a) Rufus and Simon Jones.
(b) Rufus and Whitey James.
(c) Rufus and Baby Gibson.
(d) Rufus and Richard Motley.
8. Now that Ernie Brown will be nearby, Rufus has a fantasy that he will meet Ernie and what else?
(a) Be recognized as his younger brother.
(b) Be recognized as a skillful receiver.
(c) Be recognized as his son.
(d) Be recognized as a skillful passer.
9. The meetings Rufus has with Mr. Rubio transpire when?
(a) Every two weeks.
(b) Twice a week.
10. How does Rufus learn that Ernie Brown is being traded to Coast City's team?
(a) A magazine.
(b) The television.
(c) The newspaper.
(d) The radio.
11. What does Rufus' mother tell him took place regarding her marriage to Ernie Brown?
(a) It lasts a few months, his parents have it annulled, he goes to college.
(b) It lasts nearly a year, his parents have it annulled, he goes to college.
(c) His parents have it annulled after a few weeks, he goes to college.
(d) It lasts only 2 weeks, his parents have it annulled, he goes to college.
12. The cop stopping the Gassers car remembers seeing one of the boys at the station several times using what name?
(a) Rufus Henry.
(b) Henry Jones.
(c) Simon Jones.
(d) Robert Jones.
13. While looking at his scrapbook, what is Rufus thinking?
(a) He is getting a little old to be collecting sports memorabilia.
(b) It is hard to believe how much memorabilia he has.
(c) It is eerie how much he and Ernie Brown look alike.
(d) He will have to research and collect items he did not get while gone.
14. Alex Robbins asks the Moors if they would like to do what in reference to the local football team?
(a) Watch them practice.
(b) Go meet members.
(c) Watch them play a game.
(d) Catch passes from members.
15. Rufus manages to hold his own against Bantu, forcing him to drop his knife, and then what?
(a) Chases him from the scene.
(b) Beats him semi-conscious.
(c) Strikes him a number of times quite hard.
(d) Beats him unconscious.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon learning Leeroy is the Moors' new president, Bantu does what?
2. As the cop approaches Rufus and his sister, what name does Rufus provide as his identification?
3. Dashing into an alley at the end of Chapter 6, what is Rufus looking for?
4. After leaving his tire job, where does Rufus go and find Baby Gibson?
5. Who does Rufus meet at the bus depot?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)