|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the fight among the Moors, author Frank Bonham relies upon a literary archetype - that is, the noble warrior who does what?
(a) Hurts his opponent beyond that necessary, but not too excessive.
(b) Leaves the scene rather than hurt his opponent.
(c) Hurts his opponent far exceeding his superiority.
(d) Hurts his opponent only when necessary.
2. Bonham shows that an unsafe environment can lead teens into gang violence as they group together for what purpose?
(b) Feeling "cool".
3. Responding to Alex Robbins' suggestion that the Moors elect a new president, Rufus nominates which members as president and secretary respectively?
(a) Leeroy, Willie.
(b) Willie, Leeroy.
(c) Leeroy, Whitey.
(d) Whitey, Leeroy.
4. Rufus manages to hold his own against Bantu, forcing him to drop his knife, and then what?
(a) Beats him unconscious.
(b) Beats him semi-conscious.
(c) Chases him from the scene.
(d) Strikes him a number of times quite hard.
5. Concluding his fight with Bantu, Rufus calls for a Moors meeting to be held when?
(a) One week after Bantu leaves the gang.
(b) The day after Bantu leaves the gang.
(c) On Saturday night after Bantu leaves the gang.
(d) Later that night when Bantu leaves the gang.
6. Late on the night of Rufus' Moors initiation, his parole officer calls the Group Service Council as he thinks what?
(a) This agency has numerous employment possibilities for Rufus.
(b) This agency's success is high and Rufus may benefit.
(c) This agency may be one of several options for Rufus.
(d) This agency is Rufus's last hope.
7. What does Alex Robbins tell the Moors his job is?
(a) To keep them from getting into trouble.
(b) To help them get through school.
(c) To fix their problems.
(d) To help them find jobs.
8. Where does the knife fighting among the Moors take place?
(a) Outside Rufus' house.
(b) Fat Boy's.
(c) The Happy Spot.
(d) In an alley several blocks from the Happy Spot.
9. Where is it Mr. Rubio informs Rufus his mother has moved to?
(a) The City of Durango.
(b) The Town of Durango.
(c) Durango County.
(d) The Durango Housing Project.
10. What is the name of the team Ernie Brown is being traded to in Coast City?
(a) The Marauders.
(b) The Mavericks.
(c) The Miners.
(d) The Mariners.
11. Who tells Bantu the Moors have a new president?
(d) Baby Gibson.
12. What does Rufus agree to spray-paint on the front door of the Cathedral Heights police station?
(a) "Moors is boss".
(b) "Moors is best".
(c) "Moors is tops".
(d) "Moors rule".
13. Rufus emerges out of the conflict with Bantu a leader who truly deserves what?
(a) The respect and contempt of his fellow Moors.
(b) The lament and honor of his fellow Moors.
(c) The honor and respect of his fellow Moors.
(d) The impertinence and esteem of his fellow Moors.
14. Rufus is wearing _________ as he leaves Pine Valley.
(a) Comfortable semi-dress clothes.
(b) His Boy Scout uniform.
(c) An ill-fitting exit outfit.
(d) Jeans, a T-shirt, and sneakers.
15. How do the gang members reflect their vote for Rufus to join the Moors?
(a) Standing and sitting.
(b) Bottle caps.
(c) Show of hands.
(d) Lit matches.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rufus' younger brother say he is interested in joining?
2. Alex Robbins asks the Moors if they would like to do what in reference to the local football team?
3. What does Leeroy do as the commotion escalates when Bantu learns Leeroy is the new president?
4. Once the kid with red hair leaves the grocery, what does Rufus tell his sister to do?
5. As Rufus sees the "Gassers" sticker car being stopped by the police, what does he do?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)