|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Durango Street offers hope that a dangerous gang is able to become a benign social organization how?
(a) Members going to prison or outgrowing their youth.
(b) With help from sports figures.
(c) With outside intervention.
(d) With no outside intervention necessary.
2. When Rufus first asks Bantu to be allowed to join, his initial response is what?
(b) He will let the gang members vote on it.
(d) He will think about it.
3. After the Moors' initial contact with Alex Robbins, Rufus tells them to show up at the crafts center how?
(a) Early and wearing dark sunglasses.
(b) Early and wearing dark clothes.
(c) On time and wearing dark sunglasses.
(d) Late and wearing dark sunglasses.
4. What does Rufus offer to buy with the money he gets when he leaves Pine Valley?
(a) Clothes for his siblings.
(b) Clothes for his mother.
5. His first day out of Pine Valley, Rufus has a daydream about what?
(a) Meeting his former girlfriend.
(b) Being in a gang fight.
(c) Running away to Africa.
(d) Learning to fly aircraft.
6. When Alex Robbins studies the Moors' file, he finds there are how many members, including Rufus?
7. What topic does Mr. Rubio slyly try to introduce into the conversation?
8. When Rufus asks his mother if she was really married to Ernie Brown, what is her response?
(a) For a few months, when she was 16.
(b) For a few months, when she was 17.
(c) For just over a year, when she turned 16.
(d) For a few months, when she was 18.
9. Bonham shows that an unsafe environment can lead teens into gang violence as they group together for what purpose?
(c) Feeling "cool".
10. How do the gang members reflect their vote for Rufus to join the Moors?
(a) Show of hands.
(b) Bottle caps.
(c) Lit matches.
(d) Standing and sitting.
11. Upon learning Leeroy is the Moors' new president, Bantu does what?
(a) Leaves the Moors to join the Gassers.
(b) Proceeds to attack Leeroy with a broken bottle.
(c) Proceeds to beat Leeroy up.
(d) Proceeds to beat Rufus up.
12. Rufus is wearing _________ as he leaves Pine Valley.
(a) An ill-fitting exit outfit.
(b) Jeans, a T-shirt, and sneakers.
(c) His Boy Scout uniform.
(d) Comfortable semi-dress clothes.
13. Where is the new home Rufus' parole officer takes him to?
(a) Durango Street.
(b) Teagardent Street.
(c) Durango Valley Street.
(d) Pinehurst Street.
14. Which two Moors members does Alex Robbins learn exhibit high potential?
(a) Rufus and Simon Jones.
(b) Rufus and Richard Motley.
(c) Rufus and Baby Gibson.
(d) Rufus and Whitey James.
15. Rufus thinks his father is John Henry until he is how old?
Short Answer Questions
1. The meetings Rufus has with Mr. Rubio transpire when?
2. After the cop finishes questioning Rufus and his sister, what does Rufus do?
3. Once safely at home following the alley confrontation, Rufus hears his mother doing what?
4. Now that Ernie Brown will be nearby, Rufus has a fantasy that he will meet Ernie and what else?
5. Who tells Bantu the Moors have a new president?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)