|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The grocery owner tells Rufus to do what as he stalls?
(a) Hurry up.
(b) Listen to the ball game on the radio.
(c) Watch out for "Gassers" kids lurking outside.
(d) Take his time.
2. Where does Pelican advise Sergeant Starkey he was supposedly at with the Moors when they were rumbling with the Gassers?
(a) Big Lawn.
(b) Big Park.
(c) Big Grass.
(d) Big Pavilion.
3. After the cop finishes questioning Rufus and his sister, what does Rufus do?
(a) Rufus takes his sister's hand and leads her into a nearby store.
(b) Rufus keeps walking quickly with his sister to leave the dark streets.
(c) Rufus continues to walk leisurely with his sister down the street.
(d) Rufus chastises his sister for giving too much information to the cop.
4. Once safely at home following the alley confrontation, Rufus hears his mother doing what?
(b) Talking to his sister.
(c) Talking on the phone.
5. While Rufus is still stalling in the store, a boy with red hair enters to do what?
(a) Take his time looking around, buy a soda.
(b) Take his time looking around, buy cigarettes.
(c) Look around, then quickly exit.
(d) Look around, then challenge Rufus to a fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rufus promise to Pelican in exchange if they accept his proposal?
2. Who are Rufus' siblings who greet him?
3. What does Rufus ask the president of Baby's gang for?
4. The Gassers run away from the dynamite caps scene, thinking what?
5. When Rufus asks his mother if she was really married to Ernie Brown, what is her response?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)