|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the cop finishes questioning Rufus and his sister, what does Rufus do?
(a) Rufus keeps walking quickly with his sister to leave the dark streets.
(b) Rufus continues to walk leisurely with his sister down the street.
(c) Rufus chastises his sister for giving too much information to the cop.
(d) Rufus takes his sister's hand and leads her into a nearby store.
2. Durango Street offers hope that a dangerous gang is able to become a benign social organization how?
(a) With no outside intervention necessary.
(b) With outside intervention.
(c) With help from sports figures.
(d) Members going to prison or outgrowing their youth.
3. At his new job repairing tires, Rufus does not like it when the boss, Mr. Wells, does what?
(a) Uses the terms "jailbird" and "riffraff" to refer to him.
(b) Uses the terms "scum" and "jailbird" to refer to him.
(c) Uses the terms "lowlife" and "scum" to refer to him.
(d) Uses the terms "boy" and "jailbird" to refer to him.
4. The carload of Gassers youths all have red hair as a result of what?
(a) Straightening it with gasoline.
(b) All being brothers or first cousins.
(c) Straightening it with lye and gasoline.
(d) Straightening it with lye.
5. While Rufus is still stalling in the store, a boy with red hair enters to do what?
(a) Take his time looking around, buy a soda.
(b) Look around, then quickly exit.
(c) Take his time looking around, buy cigarettes.
(d) Look around, then challenge Rufus to a fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Subsequent to the sack-throwing incident, a police officer pulls up and asks what of Rufus and his sister?
2. Dashing into an alley at the end of Chapter 6, what is Rufus looking for?
3. When the Gassers surround Rufus in an alley, Rufus breaks a bottle of ________ to defend himself with the glass.
4. Who are Rufus' siblings who greet him?
5. While looking at his scrapbook, what is Rufus thinking?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)