• Rufus has his weekly meeting with his social worker, Mr. Rubio, and advises that he has no problems.
• Mr. Rubio slyly lets Rufus know that he is aware of Ernie Brown.
• Rufus is released on probation to the Durango Housing Project.
• Rufus is nervous about going there as he has only been there once previously with other boys shooting the windows of stores out as they drove around in a stolen vehicle.
• His parole officer meets him at the bus station and takes him to his new home, advising that he is to stay away from all gangs.
• Rufus explores his new home and then decides to rest in bed where he daydreams about participating in a gang fight, winning when Ernie Brown intervenes.
• Curtis tells Rufus he wants to join the Little Warriors, but Rufus tells him to stay clear of gangs. Rufus...
This section contains 1,320 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)