|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Fremen law, who presides when life and death are at issue?
2. What do the Fremen call the dark sand clouds?
3. What color is the sky when the body of the young woman is found?
4. When does Paul notice that the girl is really Scytale, the Face Dancer?
5. "Growing older is to grow more _____________."
Short Essay Questions
1. What dangerous thing does Alia do? Why does she do it?
2. Describe the typical man of the Qizarate.
3. How does Alia act during the ritual? Why?
4. Why do the attendants make Alia angry?
5. What is the significance of the dead woman?
6. What goes through Mohiam's mind on her way to see Paul?
7. What does Paul say about people's preferences in government?
8. How does Hayt describe his memories? What causes him to become emotional?
9. Who does Edric fear more than Paul? Why?
10. How did Alia know her father?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay explaining the role of religion in the 'ideal' government. Be sure to address:
1) Limits on the power of religion.
2) Limits on the ability of government to infringe upon religion.
3) The role of religion in a society.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay that comprehensively describes the family tree of Paul Atreides. Be sure to include:
1) Information regarding the place each character on the tree was born and grew up.
2) Interesting details regarding the genetic or blood origin of characters.
3) Strengths and failings of each character.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing the conspiracy against the Emperor Paul Atreides. Be sure to address:
1) The main characters of the conspiracy and how they interact.
2) The primary strengths and weaknesses of the conspiracy.
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)