|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. During which week of her pregnancy does Chani become ill?
2. Hayt says Alia has a great ability with ____________.
3. On what can you not build politics?
4. What does the medic give Alia to help her sleep?
5. How does Hayt remain with Paul?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hayt describe his memories? What causes him to become emotional?
2. How does Paul still see?
3. How is Paul trying to split the conspiracy?
4. What does Alia regret about her life?
5. What weapon is used against Paul and his men? What is its effect?
6. Describe the negotiations between Paul and Mohiam.
7. What does Otheym tell Paul about?
8. What conventions exist regarding the use of atomics?
9. What does Paul say about people's preferences in government?
10. Who does Edric fear more than Paul? Why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing the cultural influences from old human civilizations that can be seen in the novel. Be sure to address
1) Political influences.
Essay Topic 2
Write a short essay describing the time line of Paul's life. Be sure to address:
1) Major turning points in Paul's life.
2) Direct and indirect effects of the choices Paul makes.
3) Ideas on how Paul's life could have been different.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay that comprehensively describes the family tree of Paul Atreides. Be sure to include:
1) Information regarding the place each character on the tree was born and grew up.
2) Interesting details regarding the genetic or blood origin of characters.
3) Strengths and failings of each character.
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)