|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scytale tell Edric must be made to act faster?
2. What is the name of the security officer who lets the messenger in?
3. Hayt says Alia has a great ability with ____________.
4. What type of grillwork is the ventilation system for Paul's room?
5. What does Mohiam consider Stilgar to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Otheym tell Paul about?
2. Who does Edric fear more than Paul? Why?
3. Describe the typical man of the Qizarate.
4. Why do the attendants make Alia angry?
5. What is the significance of the dead woman?
6. What does the vision of the falling moon mean?
7. What dangerous thing does Alia do? Why does she do it?
8. Describe Paul's feelings toward Chani in this chapter.
9. Why does Chani want to kill Irulan?
10. What does Paul say about people's preferences in government?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a essay that serves as a fictional history of the reign of Emperor Paul Muad'dib. Ensure that:
1) The essay is written as though it is relating 'real history.'
2) The essay either praises or condemns the rule of Paul Atreides.
3) The essay uses only 'canon' information from the Frank Herbert Dune series of books.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay relating the selective breeding program of the Bene Gesserit to a breeding program or scientific experiment from human history. Be sure to address:
1) Similarities and differences between the real program and that of the Bene Gesserit.
2) Successes and failures of the program.
3) Moral implications and hazards of a selective breeding program.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay that objectively describes the Fremen civilization in a serious, academic style. Properly cited and sourced research from the Internet is encouraged.
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)