|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the gas in Edric's tank?
2. What will the conspiracy members feel if they do not act quickly?
3. In his vision, what does Paul see disappear?
4. What is El Kuds?
5. Alia receives a letter from _____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alia regret about her life?
2. What goes through Mohiam's mind on her way to see Paul?
3. How does Hayt describe his memories? What causes him to become emotional?
4. What conventions exist regarding the use of atomics?
5. Describe Paul when he is under the influence of the spice.
6. Why does Chani want to kill Irulan?
7. What does Paul say about people's preferences in government?
8. What weapon is used against Paul and his men? What is its effect?
9. How does Alia act during the ritual? Why?
10. How does Paul still see?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a essay that serves as a fictional history of the reign of Emperor Paul Muad'dib. Ensure that:
1) The essay is written as though it is relating 'real history.'
2) The essay either praises or condemns the rule of Paul Atreides.
3) The essay uses only 'canon' information from the Frank Herbert Dune series of books.
Essay Topic 2
Write a short essay describing how the planet Earth is at risk of becoming like the planet Arrakis. Be sure to address:
1) What is causing these environmental problems.
2) How the damage can be reversed, if possible.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on the subject of cloning, specifically related to the theoretical field of 'gholas.' Be sure to address:
1) Technical limitation of the concept, and real scientific obstacles.
2) Moral implications and issues associated with bringing humans back from the dead via cloning.
3) Possible benefits and dangers of the ghola concept.
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)