|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Qizara tells Mohiam that there is no such thing as ________________.
2. What makes Paul angry?
3. What is the name of the city?
4. What causes Paul's boots to smell rancid?
5. The tiles on the floor form the image of ________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Scytale think Farok is wise?
2. What is the difference between the Fremen and the off-worlders?
3. What is the significance of the Dune Tarot?
4. How is Scytale different from the other conspirators?
5. Describe the meeting between Irulan and Reverend Mother Mohiam.
6. What does Paul notice about his sister?
7. Why do you think that perfectly predicting the future is fatal?
8. How did Farok's son lose his eyes? Why does he refuse replacements?
9. Describe the security of Paul's fortress. What does Scytale think of this?
10. What does Paul say about his powers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on the role of a constitution in the forming of a government. Be sure to address:
1) Why or why not a constitution is necessary for forming a government.
2) The limits of a constitution in protecting the people.
3) Examples of where constitutions have proved necessary, or even dangerous, to peace and stability around the world.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay arguing for or against labeling Paul Atreides as a villain for the destruction his life brought upon the universe. Be sure to present a brief counter-argument to your own opinions as well.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing the conspiracy against the Emperor Paul Atreides. Be sure to address:
1) The main characters of the conspiracy and how they interact.
2) The primary strengths and weaknesses of the conspiracy.
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)