|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Paul returned from?
2. What type of program does the Sisterhood have that is related to Paul Atreides?
3. What does Farok say is unfinished?
4. What was the name of the man Paul killed to get the coffee service?
5. What did the Fremen name Paul?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Farok's son lose his eyes? Why does he refuse replacements?
2. Why do Fremen distrust off-worlders?
3. Why does Scytale think Farok is wise?
4. What does Hayt remember?
5. How is Scytale different from the other conspirators?
6. What strange thing happened to Alia?
7. What makes Paul angry when Chani is getting the coffee ready?
8. What strange gift does the Steersman bring for Paul? What do you think the true intention of this gift is?
9. What curse do Fremen yell at shopkeepers? Why?
10. What has Paul Atreides accomplished?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on the role of a constitution in the forming of a government. Be sure to address:
1) Why or why not a constitution is necessary for forming a government.
2) The limits of a constitution in protecting the people.
3) Examples of where constitutions have proved necessary, or even dangerous, to peace and stability around the world.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay explaining the role of religion in the 'ideal' government. Be sure to address:
1) Limits on the power of religion.
2) Limits on the ability of government to infringe upon religion.
3) The role of religion in a society.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay arguing for or against labeling Paul Atreides as a villain for the destruction his life brought upon the universe. Be sure to present a brief counter-argument to your own opinions as well.
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)