Dune Messiah (pgs. 1-24)
• A dialogue between a priest and a condemned man offers some insight towards the plot and a recap of the events of the previous novel.
• Four conspirators meet to discuss their plan to destroy the empire of Paul Atreides.
• The reincarnated ghola of Duncan Idaho is introduced.
• Irulan, the only member not entirely committed to the plan, is convinced to join.
Dune Messiah (pgs. 24-36)
• Paul returns from a secret walk in the city and feels unhappy about his role and image as Emperor.
• Chani expresses her and Irulan's competing desires for a child, but suggests that Paul impregnates the princess due to Chani's seeming infertility.
• Paul recalls Chani and life as it used to be, receiving a prescient vision to 'disengage.'
• Paul meets with Irulan, who threatens Paul and demands a child.
• Chani advises Paul to abandon the godhead that is forced...
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)