|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Baron make Feyd-Rautha do to teach him a lesson?
2. Why do the Fremen deliver spice quotas to free traders?
3. What charges does Feyd-Rautha face?
4. Into what does Paul say he will turn Salusa Secundas?
5. Which verb does Jessica equate with worms?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the Fremen deliver spice quotas to the free traders?
2. How do Paul and Stilger convince the Fremen tribe that Stilger and Paul should not fight for the tribe's leadership?
3. What happens to Jessica's unborn daughter when Jessica is ordained as Reverend Mother?
4. What mistakes does Jessica admits that she has made in regards to her son?
5. What is Paul's physical state after he drinks the spice?
6. What does Stilgar say the Fremen plan to do?
7. How can Paul prove he is indeed the Kwisatz Haderach?
8. How are the worms useful to the Fremens?
9. Describe Feyd Rautha's appearance at the gladiatorial fight?
10. Describe Stilgar's style of leadership.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
As the best selling science fiction book of all time, Dune has greatly influenced popular culture. Choose a film or book written after Dune that you think was influenced by the novel and discuss there similarities in terms of
Essay Topic 2
Examine point of view. Why does Herbert write the book from the third person? Does it limit the story in any way? How would the story be different if it was written in the first person?
Essay Topic 3
The planets in Dune are controlled by a Feudal system. What is a feudal system? When and why were feudal systems popular? What was the structure of a feudal system? Who does a feudal system benefit?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)