|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Paul kill in this chapter?
2. Of what does the food Chani gives Paul smell?
3. What does Channi bless after the ceremony?
4. Against what does Chani think Paul's body is reacting?
5. What does the Baron make Feyd-Rautha do to teach him a lesson?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Paul achieved in the two leaders who has been with the Fremen tribe?
2. Why do the Fremen deliver spice quotas to the free traders?
3. What does Paul's prescience show him in chapter 3, section 3?
4. Describe Feyd Rautha's appearance at the gladiatorial fight?
5. Why does Tuek forbid Halleck to make a move against the Harkonnens?
6. How do Paul and Stilger convince the Fremen tribe that Stilger and Paul should not fight for the tribe's leadership?
7. How does Jessica react to sense sharing with Paul?
8. In what way does Chani immediately appeal to Paul?
9. What mistakes does Jessica admits that she has made in regards to her son?
10. What happens to Jessica's unborn daughter when Jessica is ordained as Reverend Mother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dune is part of the science fiction genre.
1) What are the conventions of the science fiction genre in terms of character, language and plot?
2) In what way does Dune break new ground in the science fiction genre?
Essay Topic 2
What is global warming? How does it affect the earth's environment? Why do some people turn a blind eye to global warming? How much would we have to change our lives to improve the environment?
Essay Topic 3
Do you think religion is good way to gain control over a population? How have western countries used religion to gain control over small nations? What alternatives are there to using religion as a source of power? Why have countries become controlled by a religion, particularly if it is not directly derived from their own culture?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)