|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Paul?
2. What does Jessica dream is covering her husband's name?
3. What is the only way to kill worms?
4. What is Turok's job?
5. What are mathematical geniuses called?
Short Essay Questions
1. What message does Jessica receive during the dinner party?
2. How do Paul and Jessica react to Duke Leto's death?
3. Summarize the second section.
4. What does Baron ask Rabban to do in the first section of book two?
5. Describe Paul's sense of the future at this point in the story.
6. How does the Baron escape the poisonous gas?
7. Summarize the fourth section.
8. What does Paul think about while he pretends to be asleep?
9. Describe the Law of the Minimum.
10. Summarize the final section of book 1.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples to support your argument discuss the following statement. Herbert's depiction of the female characters is clichéd and one dimensional.
Essay Topic 2
What is global warming? How does it affect the earth's environment? Why do some people turn a blind eye to global warming? How much would we have to change our lives to improve the environment?
Essay Topic 3
Do you think religion is good way to gain control over a population? How have western countries used religion to gain control over small nations? What alternatives are there to using religion as a source of power? Why have countries become controlled by a religion, particularly if it is not directly derived from their own culture?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)