|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the tribe chant about being denied?
(a) The Lomond
(b) Their native land
(d) The Hajj
2. What way of fighting does Jessica offer to teach?
(a) The weirding way
(b) The stockpile way
(c) The Dune way
(d) The Chani way
3. What does Channi bless after the ceremony?
(a) The planet's soil
(b) The whole tribe
(d) The tribe's water
4. What does Paul offer Shaddam?
(a) Half of his gold and a palace
(b) His friendship and a position on his staff
(d) Personal safety and a throne on Salusa Secundas
5. Why do the Fremen deliver spice quotas to free traders?
(a) So they will kill the worms
(b) To keep the skies free of satellites
(c) To stop their aggression
(d) In exchange for corn
Short Answer Questions
1. For what is the word sound, the Bene Gesserit implant, used?
2. For what are they going to use the spice?
3. In what part of Feyd-Rautha's body does Paul thrust in his chrysknife?
4. Into what does Paul say he will turn Salusa Secundas?
5. What charges does Feyd-Rautha face?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Paul's plan to defeat the Hakonnen forces?
2. Describe Stilgar's style of leadership.
3. In what way does Chani immediately appeal to Paul?
4. What is Paul's physical state after he drinks the spice?
5. What has Paul achieved in the two leaders who has been with the Fremen tribe?
6. What does Stilgar say the Fremen plan to do?
7. How do Paul and Stilger convince the Fremen tribe that Stilger and Paul should not fight for the tribe's leadership?
8. Describe Paul's dream in Book 3, section 1.
9. How does the Baron punish Feyd-Rautha for trying to assassinate him?
10. Why does Tuek forbid Halleck to make a move against the Harkonnens?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)