|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dr. Yeuh say is asleep in the room next door?
(a) Duke Leto
2. What does Jessica dream is covering her husband's name?
3. Why does Jessica hope that Paul does not use Voice?
(a) She wants to use it
(b) He is not ready
(c) It is not the right situation
(d) He would make her look weak
4. Who takes Leto's place as host of the party?
5. How does Herbert describe Halleck?
(a) A large slice of lard
(b) As sour as off milk
(c) An ugly, lump of a man
(d) As loopy as a fruit cake
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Duke's father dressed up as in the painting?
2. What does Jessica throw in Idaho's face?
3. What are Fremen?
4. From whom does Idaho refuse to take orders?
5. Where does Paul sleep in the conference room?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Paul's sense of the future at this point in the story.
2. Describe Duke Leto.
3. What does Jessica notice about Paul's face at the end of book 1?
4. Summarize the final section of book 1.
5. Summarize the fourth section.
6. What do Mohim and Jessica say about Paul in private?
7. What message does Jessica receive during the dinner party?
8. What is the only way to kill worms?
9. How does the Baron escape the poisonous gas?
10. Describe Dr. Yueh.
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)