|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Paul recognize as the pilot of the 'thopter?
(d) The Baron
2. Of whom does Paul remind Halleck?
(c) Duncan Idaho
(d) Duke Leto
3. What sisterhood training did Paul's mother once attend?
(c) Bene Gesserit
(d) Mother Gaius
4. How does Herbert describe Halleck?
(a) As sour as off milk
(b) An ugly, lump of a man
(c) A large slice of lard
(d) As loopy as a fruit cake
5. What does the Law of the Minimum determine?
(a) A worm's thought processes
(b) How many babies are born every day
(c) What kinds of life are possible on Arrakis
(d) The Future of Arrakis
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jessica think Dr. Yueh talks with vehemence about the Harkonnens?
2. What is the name of Paul's mother?
3. What does Paul say the Duke regretted not doing for Jessica?
4. Who does the Baron put in charge of the investigation?
5. What does Jessica use to hold Hawat in his chair?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the fight Paul has with the hunter seeker.
2. Describe how Paul and Jessica manage to escape.
3. What does Baron ask Rabban to do in the first section of book two?
4. What is the message that Lady Fenring leaves for Jessica?
5. Summarize the third section.
6. Summarize the final section of book 1.
7. What is the only way to kill worms?
8. Describe Guerney Hallack.
9. What atrocities can Jessica sense while speaking to Yueh?
10. Describe Dr. Yueh.
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)