|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What spreads in Leto when he is struck by the dart?
2. Why does Jessica think Dr. Yueh talks with vehemence about the Harkonnens?
(a) They killed his father
(b) They were responsible for his wife's death
(c) They took away hospital funding
(d) They are his planet's enemy
3. What color is the room where Jessica finds Dr. Yueh?
4. What does the Duchess regret as she cries?
(a) The death of Yueh
(b) Her son's sheltered upbringing
(c) The waste of water
(d) Her move to Dune
5. From whom does Idaho refuse to take orders?
(a) A Harkonnen spy
(b) A peasant
(c) A woman
(d) A traitor
Short Answer Questions
1. In what code is Lady Margot Fenring's greeting written?
2. What can they smell when they land their craft?
3. Who takes Leto's place as host of the party?
4. What does Paul have a sense of but no control over?
5. What kind of weapon is Hawcat hiding?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jessica hope that Paul does not use the Voice?
2. Summarize the second section.
3. What does Jessica see on the landscape?
4. What do the Fremen say has happened to Halleck at the beginning of book 2?
5. Summarize the fourth section.
6. How do Paul and Jessica react to Duke Leto's death?
7. What is the message that Lady Fenring leaves for Jessica?
8. How do the Fremen soldiers fare in their battle against the Sardaukar's?
9. Summarize the third section.
10. What does Baron ask Rabban to do in the first section of book two?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)