|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what code is Lady Margot Fenring's greeting written?
(a) Fawcett Yourly code
(b) Bene Gesserit code
(c) Dune code
(d) Hawat code
2. What does Jessica call a death maker?
(a) A vein stripper
(b) A silver spoon
(c) A chrysknife
(d) A sword
3. Where does Jessica find Lady Margot's greeting?
(a) In the grass
(b) In her pocket
(c) Pinned onto a tree trunk
(d) Under a leaf
4. Who does Jessica want to escape?
(a) The Harkonnens
(c) The Fremen
5. What does Paul condemn Jessica for doing?
(a) Working for his father
(b) Having a son instead of a daughter
(c) Falling in love with Yueh
(d) Making him into a male Bene Gessrit
6. What does the Duchess regret as she cries?
(a) The death of Yueh
(b) The waste of water
(c) Her son's sheltered upbringing
(d) Her move to Dune
7. What do Jessica's genetics enable Paul to do?
(a) Kill someone instantly
(b) Read minds
(c) Alter consciousness
(d) Change the future
8. What killed the Duke's father?
(a) A black bull
(b) A mountain cat
(c) A mountain goat
(d) A sand worm
9. What does Paul tell himself he is not?
(a) A normal person
(b) A loon
(c) A monster or freak
(d) A sensitive person
10. Who does Paul recognize as the pilot of the 'thopter?
(c) The Baron
11. How does Herbert describe Halleck?
(a) As loopy as a fruit cake
(b) A large slice of lard
(c) As sour as off milk
(d) An ugly, lump of a man
12. Why does Jessica hope that Paul does not use Voice?
(a) She wants to use it
(b) He would make her look weak
(c) It is not the right situation
(d) He is not ready
13. How many men does Leto send to report to Hawat?
14. How does Jessica thinks Paul's face looks?
(a) Starved and gravely injured
(b) Pale and gaunt
(c) Beautiful and almost adult
15. How many brigades attack Hawat?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul whisper just before nightfall?
2. What does Paul call his dream girl?
3. Who does Jessica think the traitor is?
4. What is the Duke's father dressed up as in the painting?
5. What law does Keynes discuss?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)