Book 1 (pgs. 1-46)
• The novel opens on the planet Caladan, ruled by Duke Leto of the House of Atreides.
• Mohiam and Jessica go and see Paul, the Duke's son. Jessica is Paul's mother, and Mohiam is a reverend mother.
• Mohiam tests Paul to see if he is human. If he does not pass, Mohiam will kill him.
• They find out Paul is a human and knowing the influence he will have, warn him of future dangers.
• Baron Harkonnen plots to kill the Duke Leto with Feyd-Rautha and Piter. Their aim is to kill the Duke when he moves his family to Arrakis, a planet renowned for growing the drug spice.
• Paul's trainer, Thurfur Hawat warns Paul about Arrakis. He says the native Fremen will prove difficult to deal with.
• Paul's father tells him that knows the Baron is plotting against him and will try to carry out this...
This section contains 1,664 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)