|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What secret does Antonio tell Delio in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) That he is secretly a prince.
(b) That he and the Duchess have married in secret.
(c) That he is stealing from the Duchess.
(d) That he is a spy for Ferdinand.
2. Who does the Cardinal hire to spy on the Duchess?
(c) No one
3. What does Ferdinand vow as Act 3, Scene 1 concludes?
(a) To fast as punishment for his evil deeds.
(b) To get a confession from the Duchess.
(c) To never sin again.
(d) To be a better brother to his sister.
4. What causes Antonio to be suspicious of Bosola?
(a) Bosola's wandering around the palace after everyone was supposed to stay in their rooms.
(b) How Bosola is dressed.
(c) The lyrics of a song Bosola is singing
(d) The book Bosola is reading.
5. What reason does Bosola give for being out of his room in the middle of the night (when everyone is supposed to be staying in their bedchambers)?
(a) He always takes walks at night.
(b) He had a nightmare and couldn't sleep.
(c) He was trying to get his new baby to go to sleep.
(d) He wanted to go to the courtyard to pray.
Short Answer Questions
1. What first causes Bosola to be suspicious of Antonio?
2. What does Bosola do upon finding Antonio's dropped item outside of the Duchess's door?
3. Why does the Old Lady return to the scene after the Duchess has eaten Bosola's fruit?
4. At the end of Act 2, Scene 3, who does the Duchess tell that she is secretly married to Antonio?
5. What does Ferdinand tell the Duchess she must do if she is to keep her husband alive?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)