|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters are all related?
(a) The Cardinal, Ferdinand, and Antonio
(b) Antonio, Bosola, and the Duchess
(c) Ferdinand, Antonio, and Bosola
(d) The Cardinal, Ferdinand, and the Duchess
2. Why do the pilgrims think what they do about the Duchess's choice to marry Antonio?
(a) They are surprised, because the Duchess is "beneath" Antonio.
(b) They are happy, because the wedding has been planned for a long time.
(c) They are grateful to God for such a happy union.
(d) They are surprised, because Antonio is "beneath" the Duchess.
3. What item does Bosola give Ferdinand at the end of the Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) A small bag of gold
(b) A dagger
(c) A letter
(d) A key
4. Initially, who is the Duchess is engaged to marry:
(b) No one
(d) the Cardinal
5. During Julia and Delio's conversation, Julia mentions in an aside that:
(a) She is planning to murder Delio.
(b) Delio used to be one of her old suitors.
(c) She thinks Delio is an idiot.
(d) She has been in love with Delio for a very long time.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bosola treat the old lady who he meets in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What kind of plot are the men planning when Act 3, Scene 3 first opens?
3. Antonio and Delio are:
4. During her imprisonment, what does the Duchess declare is the worst kind of torture?
5. Ferdinand believes the Duchess's reputation is ruined because:
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)