|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason did Julia give her husband for coming to Rome?
(a) She wanted to get some new dresses in the city.
(b) Religious reasons
(c) For a relaxing vacation.
(d) To visit sick relatives.
2. Antonio and Delio are:
(a) Good friends
(b) Father and son
3. In Act Three, who does Ferdinand tell the Duchess she must marry?
(a) Her cousin
(b) Count Malateste
(c) No one; she is to become a nun
4. Ferdinand believes that the Duchess is damned specifically because:
(a) She has made a false religious pilgrimage.
(b) She has had children while remaining unmarried.
(c) She has lied to her brothers.
(d) She has lied to members of the church.
5. Which character is the Duchess's twin brother?
(a) The Cardinal
Short Answer Questions
1. What secret does Antonio tell Delio in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. How does the Cardinal respond to Ferdinand's suggestion after learning the news?
3. What has happened to the number of the Duchess and Antonio's servants after Antonio and the Duchess leave Malfi?
4. When Delio is proposing an arrangement between himself and Julia, what does he offer Julia for her service?
5. What does the Cardinal do to the Duchess and her family?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)