|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Duchess tells Ferdinand what she thought of his advice about remarrying, he:
(a) Gets sad again about having to leave.
(b) Embraces her in a long hug.
(c) Gives her a secret letter she should read later.
(d) Shows her a dagger as a threat.
2. What does the Cardinal try to do to Ferdinand?
(a) Calm him down
(b) Kill him
(c) Bribe him
(d) Kidnap him
3. The Duchess hires Bosola because:
(a) She has known him for a long time.
(b) He seems trustworthy.
(c) Ferdinand recommends him.
(d) They are related.
4. At the end of Act 2, Scene 3, who does the Duchess tell that she is secretly married to Antonio?
(b) The Count
(c) The Cardinal
(d) A random servant
5. Which character is the Duchess's twin brother?
(d) The Cardinal
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the pilgrims think what they do about the Duchess's choice to marry Antonio?
2. When Ferdinand returns to the Duchess's court and speaks with her about her children, what does the Duchess think?
3. What do the Cardinal and Ferdinand tell the Duchess before they leave to go live abroad?
4. When Delio is proposing an arrangement between himself and Julia, what does he offer Julia for her service?
5. When the Duchess first plans to speak with Antonio, she asks Cariola to:
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)