|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 2, what major secret does Bosola still not know?
(a) That Antonio and the Duchess are secretly married.
(b) That Antonio is stealing the Duchess's money.
(c) Nothing: Bosola knows all the secrets of everyone.
(d) That the Duchess had twins.
2. Why is the Old Lady in such a hurry?
(a) She is trying to meet Bosola secretly before he leaves.
(b) She is trying to find Bosola to get her revenge on him.
(c) She is helping the Duchess give birth.
(d) She is helping the Duchess flee in the night.
3. What does Ferdinand tell Bosola to do in regards to the Duke of Malfi?
(a) Advise him about the problems in the local government.
(b) Ask him for money for the upcoming war.
(c) Write to him.
(d) Go and seek his religious counsel.
4. When Delio and Julia are talking about a potential arrangement between themsevles, who walks in and interrupts?
(a) Julia's servant
(b) Julia's husband
(c) Julia's sister
(d) The Cardinal
5. Why do the pilgrims think what they do about the Duchess's choice to marry Antonio?
(a) They are grateful to God for such a happy union.
(b) They are happy, because the wedding has been planned for a long time.
(c) They are surprised, because the Duchess is "beneath" Antonio.
(d) They are surprised, because Antonio is "beneath" the Duchess.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Duchess hires Bosola because:
2. Which of the following characters are all related?
3. After Bosola gives the Duchess fruit that makes her "sick," what does Bosola worry about the fruit?
4. What has happened to the number of the Duchess and Antonio's servants after Antonio and the Duchess leave Malfi?
5. Why is Antonio afraid when the Duchess leaves so quickly after eating the fruit Bosola gave her?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)