|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Cardinal and Ferdinand tell the Duchess before they leave to go live abroad?
(a) That they have already found a husband for her.
(b) That she should not marry.
(c) That she must marry to reclaim her honor.
(d) That they will send for her within 3 months when they find a husband for her.
2. In Act 1, Scene 1, it becomes clear that Bosola thinks what of the Cardinal?
(a) That he is an honest, trustworthy religious man.
(b) That he is an excellent horseman.
(c) Bosola doesn't know him well enough to have an opinion yet.
(d) That he is dishonest and has the devil in him.
3. The Duchess and Antonio decide to get married because:
(a) The Duchess is already pregnant with Antonio's baby.
(b) Her brothers want her to marry as soon as possible.
(c) They have to do it because of their families.
(d) They love each other very much.
4. What prized possession does Antonio entrust with Delio?
(a) His family fortune
(b) His secrets
(c) A secret letter for the Cardinal explaining everything
(d) His family sword
5. What confirmed information does Bosola have in Act 2, Scene 2, that he didn't have before?
(a) That Antonio is stealing from the Duchess.
(b) That the Duchess's brothers are on their way back.
(c) That the Duchess is pregnant.
(d) That the Duchess and Antonio are married.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Bosola think that he had proven that the Duchess was pregnant?
2. Before the play begins, the Cardinal and Bosola knew each other because:
3. Cariola is:
4. Which of the following characters are all related?
5. When the Duchess tells Ferdinand what she thought of his advice about remarrying, he:
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)