|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters are all related?
(a) The Cardinal, Ferdinand, and Antonio
(b) The Cardinal, Ferdinand, and the Duchess
(c) Ferdinand, Antonio, and Bosola
(d) Antonio, Bosola, and the Duchess
2. When the Duchess first plans to speak with Antonio, she asks Cariola to:
(a) Go start cooking dinner for everyone.
(b) Fix her hair and make-up.
(c) Hide behind a curtain.
(d) Leave the building.
3. At the beginning of the play, we learn that the Duchess:
(a) Is married with 3 children
(b) Is engaged to be married
(c) Is a young widow
(d) Is too old to ever get married
4. What does Delio tell Antonio to ease his fears after the Duchess eats the fruit Bosola gave her?
(a) That he'll still get the Duchess's money, even if she dies.
(b) That he worries too much about everything.
(c) That he'll start spying on the Duchess and tell Antonio what he learns.
(d) To tell others that the Duchess is sick from Bosola's "poisoned" apricots.
5. Why is the Old Lady in such a hurry?
(a) She is helping the Duchess give birth.
(b) She is trying to meet Bosola secretly before he leaves.
(c) She is trying to find Bosola to get her revenge on him.
(d) She is helping the Duchess flee in the night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Antonio to be suspicious of Bosola?
2. What does Cariola declare after the wedding?
3. What prized possession does Antonio entrust with Delio?
4. How does Bosola treat the old lady who he meets in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. The Duchess thinks that her brothers' advice about remarrying:
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)