|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Old Lady return to the scene after the Duchess has eaten Bosola's fruit?
(a) To get back at Bosola.
(b) To help the Duchess give birth.
(c) To steal money from people during the chaos.
(d) To put a curse on everyone.
2. What does the Duchess say to Antonio after eating the fruit Bosola gave her?
(a) That she is happy to be going on a trip.
(b) That she fears she is undone.
(c) That she thinks her brothers will be arriving soon.
(d) That she no longer loves him.
3. What response does Antonio give to Bosola about Bosola's excuse for being out of his room?
(a) That Bosola should pray the fruit he gave the Duchess wasn't poisoned.
(b) That his new baby looks like he's sleeping just fine.
(c) That his nightmares come from his horrible deeds.
(d) That Antonio has never seen Bosola take walks at night.
4. After Bosola gives the Duchess fruit that makes her "sick," what does Bosola worry about the fruit?
(a) That she took all of it, and it was expensive.
(b) That she gave it away to other people.
(c) That he didn't give her enough.
(d) That it may have been poisoned without his knowledge.
5. Why did Bosola think that he had proven that the Duchess was pregnant?
(a) Because she quickly ate the apricots he gave her.
(b) Because he made her cry with a sad story.
(c) Because she couldn't run after him very quickly.
(d) Because she wouldn't accept a tight dress he gave her.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Duchess hires Bosola because:
2. What first causes Bosola to be suspicious of Antonio?
3. In Act 1, Scene 1, which of the following men is described as very honest?
4. When the Duchess leaves after eating the fruit Bosola gave her, she is feeling:
5. What two main characters are wandering around the palace in Act 2, Scene 3?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)