|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Duchess say to Antonio after eating the fruit Bosola gave her?
(a) That she thinks her brothers will be arriving soon.
(b) That she fears she is undone.
(c) That she no longer loves him.
(d) That she is happy to be going on a trip.
2. How does Bosola treat the Old Lady when he catches her in a hurry?
(a) Cruelly: he lets her know that he knows about the Duchess's pregnancy.
(b) Excitedly: she has come to meet him in secret.
(c) Suspiciously: he thinks she may have just stolen something.
(d) Kindly: he apologizes for his rudeness last time they met.
3. What reason does Bosola give for being out of his room in the middle of the night (when everyone is supposed to be staying in their bedchambers)?
(a) He had a nightmare and couldn't sleep.
(b) He was trying to get his new baby to go to sleep.
(c) He always takes walks at night.
(d) He wanted to go to the courtyard to pray.
4. What does Delio pledge to Antonio before he departs for abroad?
(a) That he'll never return
(b) His loyalty
(c) That he'll bring back an army
(d) His daughter for marriage when she's old enough
5. Where does Antonio send Delio?
Short Answer Questions
1. Before the play begins, the Cardinal and Bosola knew each other because:
2. What prized possession does Antonio entrust with Delio?
3. What two main characters are wandering around the palace in Act 2, Scene 3?
4. What does Bosola do upon finding Antonio's dropped item outside of the Duchess's door?
5. What is the big news at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)