|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Antonio is worried about what with the Duchess's brothers?
(a) Their reaction to not being invited to such a big event.
(b) Their reaction and lack of approval.
(c) Their reaction to how much money was spent on the party after the wedding.
(d) Their greed for Antonio's great wealth.
2. What two main characters are wandering around the palace in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Bosola and the Duchess
(b) Antonio and Bosola
(c) Bosola and the Cardinal
(d) Antonio and the Duchess
3. After Ferdinand has gone mad, he is found wandering the streets carrying what?
(a) Pieces of dead animals.
(b) Foul-smelling potions and objects from a nearby doctor.
(c) Dead body parts he has dug up out of graves.
(d) Rotting vegetables and other items from the trash.
4. Why do the pilgrims think what they do about the Duchess's choice to marry Antonio?
(a) They are surprised, because the Duchess is "beneath" Antonio.
(b) They are happy, because the wedding has been planned for a long time.
(c) They are grateful to God for such a happy union.
(d) They are surprised, because Antonio is "beneath" the Duchess.
5. Antonio and Delio are talking in a public place about the Cardinal's proposed offer of reconciliation. What does Delio think of it?
(a) He doubts its sincerity.
(b) He thinks the Cardinal is finally being genuine.
(c) He knows it is fake, because he helped the Cardinal write it.
(d) He is unsure, and says he doesn't know how to counsel Antonio.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the pilgrims think about what the Cardinal does to the Duchess and her family?
2. What position is the Cardinal resigning from?
3. The Duchess thinks that her brothers' advice about remarrying:
4. During Julia and Delio's conversation, Julia mentions in an aside that:
5. Which community members does Ferdinand round up as part of his sister's torture?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)