|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act Three, who does Ferdinand tell the Duchess she must marry?
(b) Count Malateste
(c) No one; she is to become a nun
(d) Her cousin
2. The Cardinal's career change is best described as:
(b) A fantastic and unexpected promotion.
(c) Very normal for someone of his wealth.
3. What does Ferdinand finally decide to do at the end of Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) Nothing, at least until the finds out who the father of the baby is.
(b) Leave immediately to seek revenge on the Duchess.
(c) Hire someone to kill the Duchess in her sleep.
(d) Hire someone to kidnap the Duchess and bring her back to the Cardinal's palace.
4. When the Cardinal and Ferdinand are speaking in Act 2, Scene 5, where does their conversation take place?
(a) The city market
(b) The Cardinal's palace
(c) Julia's room
(d) On the street
5. What role do the pilgrims play toward the end of the scene where the Cardinal resigns his position?
(a) They are a distraction from all of the action.
(b) They serve as means of showing what the townsfolk think of what has happened.
(c) They have no role since they never talk.
(d) They serve as extras in the scene.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bosola believes he is haunted by:
2. What two main characters are wandering around the palace in Act 2, Scene 3?
3. Why did Bosola think that he had proven that the Duchess was pregnant?
4. When Delio is proposing an arrangement between himself and Julia, what does he offer Julia for her service?
5. What does Bosola do upon finding Antonio's dropped item outside of the Duchess's door?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)