|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Antonio send Delio?
2. What does Cariola declare after the wedding?
(a) That the Duchess is too young to marry.
(b) That the Duchess married well, because Antonio is very rich.
(c) That the Duchess is a great woman, but that she pities her.
(d) That Antonio will be a great father, and the Duchess a great mother.
3. What does Bosola give to the Duchess to try to find out the truth about her "condition"?
4. What does the Duchess say to Antonio after eating the fruit Bosola gave her?
(a) That she is happy to be going on a trip.
(b) That she fears she is undone.
(c) That she no longer loves him.
(d) That she thinks her brothers will be arriving soon.
5. What first causes Bosola to be suspicious of Antonio?
(a) A large package Antonio is carrying beneath a blanket.
(b) The old lady Antonio is talking to.
(c) Antonio's sweating even though it is cold.
(d) Antonio's refusal to answer any questions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antonio announce has been stolen from the Duchess's chamber?
2. What response does Antonio give to Bosola about Bosola's excuse for being out of his room?
3. Cariola's statement after the wedding can be seen as foreshadowing what?
4. The Duchess and Antonio decide to get married because:
5. Why does the Old Lady return to the scene after the Duchess has eaten Bosola's fruit?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)