|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During Julia and Delio's conversation, Julia mentions in an aside that:
(a) She has been in love with Delio for a very long time.
(b) Delio used to be one of her old suitors.
(c) She thinks Delio is an idiot.
(d) She is planning to murder Delio.
2. What reason did Julia give her husband for coming to Rome?
(a) Religious reasons
(b) She wanted to get some new dresses in the city.
(c) To visit sick relatives.
(d) For a relaxing vacation.
3. What sound was supposedly heard from the Duchess's room that caused Bosola to be suspicious?
(a) A cry from someone asking to be set free
(c) A shriek
(d) Lots of women's laughter
4. What does Delio ask Julia to do for him?
(a) Become his mistress.
(b) Spy on Ferdinand.
(c) Murder the Cardinal.
(d) Run away with him.
5. Why is Antonio afraid when the Duchess leaves so quickly after eating the fruit Bosola gave her?
(a) Because she might discover he is stealing her money.
(b) Because he doesn't want her to die.
(c) Because she is going into labor before she could be taken somewhere else.
(d) Because he thinks she is cheating on him with someone else.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Delio tell Julia about her husband?
2. What does Cariola declare after the wedding?
3. What does Bosola do upon finding Antonio's dropped item outside of the Duchess's door?
4. Antonio tells Bosola that Bosola is the chief suspect in:
5. Why does the Old Lady return to the scene after the Duchess has eaten Bosola's fruit?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)