|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Antonio do to make sure no one knows what is happening with the Duchess?
(a) Gives her a sleeping potion.
(b) Sends her away.
(c) Orders all of the court gates shut.
(d) Lies and announces that she has died.
2. What first causes Bosola to be suspicious of Antonio?
(a) The old lady Antonio is talking to.
(b) Antonio's sweating even though it is cold.
(c) Antonio's refusal to answer any questions.
(d) A large package Antonio is carrying beneath a blanket.
3. When Delios and Julia are interrupted, how does Delio react to the interruption?
(a) He runs for his life.
(b) He decides to spend the night at Julia's palace.
(c) He calls for a doctor for Julia.
(d) He worries that Antonio has been betrayed.
4. How does Bosola treat the old lady who he meets in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) With surprise and excitement
(b) With manners and respect
(c) With sadness and grief
(d) With contempt and rudeness
5. Cariola's statement after the wedding can be seen as foreshadowing what?
(a) How many kids the Duchess and Antonio will have.
(b) That the Duchess's youth will prevent the couple from being happy.
(c) The trouble that will come from the secrecy of the marriage.
(d) That the happy new couple will soon become very wealthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Antonio send Delio?
2. What is the big news at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
3. How does Bosola treat the Old Lady when he catches her in a hurry?
4. What does Delio ask Julia to do for him?
5. What relationship do Julia and the Cardinal have?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)