|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man in the cycling suit in "Grace" give the injured man to revive him?
(a) Castor oil.
(b) Cough medicine.
(d) Smelling salts.
2. Who is the king during "Ivy Day in the Committee Room"?
(a) King Charles V.
(b) King James XIII.
(c) King Richard IV.
(d) King Edward VII.
3. What does Farrington eat after he has his drink?
(a) Some pretzels.
(b) Some peanuts.
(c) A plate of corned beef and cabbage.
(d) A caraway seed.
4. Where does Joe buy the purse that he gave to Maria?
(b) New York City.
5. What does Mr. Duffy have for lunch every day?
(a) Lager beer and arrowroot biscuits.
(b) Corned beef and cabbage.
(c) Tea and scones.
(d) Ale and a plate of peas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who serves as the accompanist for the second half of the Saturday concert in "A Mother"?
2. What does Little Chandler have to drink in "A Little Cloud"?
3. What does Maria touch when she is playing the game with the blindfold?
4. What is in the middle of the room in "Ivy Day in the Committee Room"?
5. What does Mr. Alleyne's head resemble?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Little Chandler handle his crying baby?
2. What injury does Mr. Kernan sustain in "Grace"?
3. How does Mrs. Sinico die?
4. Describe the quality of the concerts.
5. Describe Gallaher's lifestyle.
6. What do Mr. Duffy and Mrs. Sinico do when they visit?
7. What are Little Chandler's dreams for himself?
8. Describe Mr. Alleyne from the story, "Counterparts".
9. Describe the game that Maria plays with Joe's family and the neighbor girls.
10. What happens when Farrington returns to his desk after the first time in the story Mr. Alleyne reprimands him?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)