|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much is the dowry Mr. Kearney saves for his daughters?
(a) One thousand crowns.
(b) One hundred pounds.
(c) Ten shillings.
(d) Two hundred pounds.
2. Martin Cunningham's face looks like the face of which person?
3. Which night does the Committee of "A Mother" plan to present the best concert?
4. How does Little Chandler habitually feel?
5. When she was still single, what did Mrs. Kearney do instead of falling in love?
(a) She watched birds.
(b) She stayed at home.
(c) She went dancing.
(d) She ate Turkish Delight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maria touch when she is playing the game with the blindfold?
2. What does Mr. Kernan always wear when he is out in the city?
3. Where does Mr. Duffy go after hearing of Mrs. Sinico's death?
4. How much money does Farrington have left after his drinking binge?
5. What does Mr. Alleyne's head resemble?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mr. Holohan's work ethic in comparison to Mrs. Kearney's work ethic.
2. How does Mrs. Sinico die?
3. What happens to ruin the relationship between Mr. Duffy and Mrs. Sinico?
4. How does Mrs. Kernan deal with her husband's drinking bouts?
5. Describe Gallaher's lifestyle.
6. What does the group of men in "Ivy Day in the Committee Room" meet to discuss?
7. Describe the game that Maria plays with Joe's family and the neighbor girls.
8. How does Farrington spend his evening?
9. Describe the quality of the concerts.
10. What are Little Chandler's dreams for himself?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)