|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month does "Ivy Day in the Committee Room" take place?
2. What do the two neighbor girls of "Clay" bring to share with everyone?
(c) Colored eggs.
3. Mr. Duffy attends the meetings of which group?
(a) United Catholics of Ireland.
(b) The Communist Party.
(c) National Protestant Alliance.
(d) The Irish Socialist Party.
4. How much money does Farrington have left after his drinking binge?
(a) A sixpence.
(b) A shilling.
(c) A twopence.
(d) A pound.
5. At the end of "Clay," what is Joe unable to find?
(a) His hat.
(b) A prayer book.
(c) A corkscrew.
(d) A nutcracker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Kernan make for her husband in order to nurse him back to health?
2. What is Mr. Power's first name?
3. How much money does Farrington receive when he pawns his watch?
4. In what month does "Counterparts" take place?
5. What does the matron in "Clay" call Maria one day?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Clay", how do Maria's acquaintances think of Maria?
2. Describe Mr. Holohan's work ethic in comparison to Mrs. Kearney's work ethic.
3. What preparations does Mrs. Kearney make for the concerts on behalf of her daughter?
4. What happens to ruin the relationship between Mr. Duffy and Mrs. Sinico?
5. How does Farrington spend his evening?
6. How do the men in "Ivy Day in the Committee Room" react to Mr. Hynes's poem?
7. How does Little Chandler handle his crying baby?
8. What does Maria buy for Joe and his family, and what happens to those gifts?
9. In "A Painful Case," what is Mr. Duffy's daily routine?
10. How does Mrs. Kernan deal with her husband's drinking bouts?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)