|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much is Miss Kearney supposed to receive for her work with the concerts?
(a) Twenty pence.
(b) Twenty shillings.
(c) Eight guineas.
(d) Two pounds.
2. How many children does Farrington have?
3. What does Farrington, the protagonist of "Counterparts," do for a living?
(a) He copies documents by hand.
(b) He runs a publishing company.
(c) He bakes bread.
(d) He washes cars.
4. What is the weather like on Saturday in "A Mother"?
5. During what season does "A Little Cloud" take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Pope do the men of "Grace" commend as intellectual and highly admirable?
2. What does Mr. Duffy do every evening for dessert?
3. Where does Joe buy the purse that he gave to Maria?
4. As "Ivy Day in the Committee Room" opens, what is Old Jack using to tend the fire?
5. What does Mr. Duffy do for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mr. O'Connor's appearance in "Ivy Day in the Committee Room".
2. How do the men in "Ivy Day in the Committee Room" react to Mr. Hynes's poem?
3. Describe the quality of the concerts.
4. What does the group of men in "Ivy Day in the Committee Room" meet to discuss?
5. In "Clay", how do Maria's acquaintances think of Maria?
6. What happens when Farrington returns to his desk after the first time in the story Mr. Alleyne reprimands him?
7. What happens to ruin the relationship between Mr. Duffy and Mrs. Sinico?
8. How does Farrington spend his evening?
9. How does Little Chandler handle his crying baby?
10. What is the sermon the priest delivers in "Grace"?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)