|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Power's first name?
2. What does Farrington's son offer to do by way of apology for offending Farrington?
(a) Say a Hail Mary.
(b) Get a job.
(c) Feed the pigs.
(d) Rebuild the fire.
3. Where does Mr. Duffy go after hearing of Mrs. Sinico's death?
(a) A church.
(b) A pub.
(d) To Mrs. Sinico's house.
4. At the end of "A Painful Case," what does Mr. Duffy hear?
(a) Two children playing.
(b) A violin playing Mozart.
(c) Mrs. Sinico's voice.
5. What does the man in the cycling suit in "Grace" give the injured man to revive him?
(a) Castor oil.
(b) Smelling salts.
(d) Cough medicine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city does Gallaher strongly recommend that Little Chandler visit?
2. What name does Mr. Alleyne call Farrington after Farrington makes a snide remark?
3. What is the setting as "Grace" begins?
4. How old is Mrs. Sinico when she dies in "A Painful Case"?
5. What is in the middle of the room in "Ivy Day in the Committee Room"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Little Chandler's appearance.
2. How does Farrington spend his evening?
3. Describe Mr. O'Connor's appearance in "Ivy Day in the Committee Room".
4. What are Little Chandler's dreams for himself?
5. Describe Mr. Holohan's work ethic in comparison to Mrs. Kearney's work ethic.
6. What preparations does Mrs. Kearney make for the concerts on behalf of her daughter?
7. How do the men in "Ivy Day in the Committee Room" react to Mr. Hynes's poem?
8. Describe Farrington's relationship with his family.
9. Describe the quality of the concerts.
10. How does Little Chandler handle his crying baby?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)