|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Martin Cunningham's face looks like the face of which person?
2. What city does Gallaher strongly recommend that Little Chandler visit?
3. What had Annie requested that Little Chandler bring home?
4. In "Clay," what time do the women take tea?
(a) 3:00 PM.
(b) 4:00 PM.
(c) 6:00 PM.
(d) 7:00 PM.
5. At the end of "A Painful Case," what does Mr. Duffy hear?
(a) Mrs. Sinico's voice.
(b) A violin playing Mozart.
(d) Two children playing.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Ivy Day at the Committee Room", what are the men expecting to arrive at any moment with?
2. Of whom does the poem in "Ivy Day in the Committee Room" speak?
3. Who is the king during "Ivy Day in the Committee Room"?
4. What does Farrington eat after he has his drink?
5. Which drink does Mr. Duggan, the bass player, prefer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What injury does Mr. Kernan sustain in "Grace"?
2. What scheme does Mr. Henchy devise for opening the beer bottles?
3. Describe Little Chandler's appearance.
4. What preparations does Mrs. Kearney make for the concerts on behalf of her daughter?
5. How does Little Chandler handle his crying baby?
6. What is the "plot" the Kernans' friends devise to bring some stability to Mr. Kernan's life?
7. How does Mrs. Kernan deal with her husband's drinking bouts?
8. Describe Gallaher's lifestyle.
9. Describe the quality of the concerts.
10. Describe the game that Maria plays with Joe's family and the neighbor girls.
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)