|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Maria work?
(a) In a hospital.
(b) On a sailboat.
(c) In a laundry.
(d) In a church.
2. In "A Little Cloud," where do Little Chandler and Gallaher meet to have a drink?
(a) The King's Inn.
(c) The Spring Garden.
(d) Sean's Pub.
3. What does Farrington, the protagonist of "Counterparts," do for a living?
(a) He washes cars.
(b) He copies documents by hand.
(c) He runs a publishing company.
(d) He bakes bread.
4. When she was still single, what did Mrs. Kearney do instead of falling in love?
(a) She went dancing.
(b) She stayed at home.
(c) She ate Turkish Delight.
(d) She watched birds.
5. How much money does Farrington have left after his drinking binge?
(a) A twopence.
(b) A shilling.
(c) A pound.
(d) A sixpence.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many characters from "Grace" go to church together?
2. What does Mr. Alleyne's head resemble?
3. What does Mr. Duffy always carry while he walks?
4. How does Little Chandler habitually feel?
5. What does Mr. Duffy do every evening for dessert?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Farrington's relationship with his family.
2. How does Little Chandler handle his crying baby?
3. What preparations does Mrs. Kearney make for the concerts on behalf of her daughter?
4. Describe the game that Maria plays with Joe's family and the neighbor girls.
5. What injury does Mr. Kernan sustain in "Grace"?
6. Describe Mr. Holohan's work ethic in comparison to Mrs. Kearney's work ethic.
7. Describe Little Chandler's appearance.
8. What scheme does Mr. Henchy devise for opening the beer bottles?
9. What are Little Chandler's dreams for himself?
10. In "Clay", how do Maria's acquaintances think of Maria?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)