|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of literature does Little Chandler like?
(a) Romance novels.
2. What type of hat does Farrington wear while he walks to the pub?
(a) A baseball cap.
(b) A cowboy hat.
(c) A plaid shepherd's cap.
(d) A beret.
3. Which sport do Farrington and his friends engage in to prove their strength?
(a) Arm wrestling.
(b) Weight lifting.
4. What is Mr. Power's first name?
5. When she was still single, what did Mrs. Kearney do instead of falling in love?
(a) She stayed at home.
(b) She went dancing.
(c) She ate Turkish Delight.
(d) She watched birds.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does Farrington have?
2. What does Mrs. Kernan make for her husband in order to nurse him back to health?
3. In "Clay," what time do the women take tea?
4. Mr. Duffy attends the meetings of which group?
5. What is the adjective used in the first paragraph of "A Painful Case" to describe Mr. Duffy's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Little Chandler's appearance.
2. What does the group of men in "Ivy Day in the Committee Room" meet to discuss?
3. In "A Painful Case," what is Mr. Duffy's daily routine?
4. Describe the quality of the concerts.
5. In "Clay", how do Maria's acquaintances think of Maria?
6. What do Mr. Duffy and Mrs. Sinico do when they visit?
7. What injury does Mr. Kernan sustain in "Grace"?
8. How does Mrs. Kernan deal with her husband's drinking bouts?
9. How do the men in "Ivy Day in the Committee Room" react to Mr. Hynes's poem?
10. Describe Mr. Holohan's work ethic in comparison to Mrs. Kearney's work ethic.
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)