|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Duffy do for a living?
(a) He is a bank cashier.
(b) He writes poetry.
(c) He runs a pub.
(d) He walks dogs.
2. What is the setting as "Grace" begins?
(a) A restroom.
(b) The protagonist's home.
(c) The courthouse.
(d) The seaside.
3. Which adjective is used to describe the constable in "Grace"?
4. Which Pope do the men of "Grace" commend as intellectual and highly admirable?
(a) Pope Pius IX.
(b) Pope John XXIII.
(c) Pope Paul VI.
(d) Pope Leo XIII.
5. How old is Mrs. Sinico when she dies in "A Painful Case"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in the middle of the room in "Ivy Day in the Committee Room"?
2. What does Maria touch when she is playing the game with the blindfold?
3. In "Clay," what time do the women take tea?
4. What does Farrington's son offer to do by way of apology for offending Farrington?
5. What does Mr. Duffy do every evening for dessert?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the men in "Ivy Day in the Committee Room" react to Mr. Hynes's poem?
2. What injury does Mr. Kernan sustain in "Grace"?
3. What happens when Mrs. Kearney demands that the Eire Abu Society fulfill their part of the contract?
4. What is the sermon the priest delivers in "Grace"?
5. How does Little Chandler handle his crying baby?
6. Describe Mr. O'Connor's appearance in "Ivy Day in the Committee Room".
7. Describe Mr. Holohan's work ethic in comparison to Mrs. Kearney's work ethic.
8. Describe Gallaher's lifestyle.
9. What does the group of men in "Ivy Day in the Committee Room" meet to discuss?
10. Describe Mr. Alleyne from the story, "Counterparts".
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)