|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maria buy as a special gift for Joe and his wife?
(a) A box of tea.
(b) Two pairs of fine leather gloves.
(d) Imported cheese.
2. What do the two neighbor girls of "Clay" bring to share with everyone?
(a) Colored eggs.
3. To what school does Old Jack send his son?
(c) Christian Brothers.
(d) University of Dublin.
4. Of whom does the poem in "Ivy Day in the Committee Room" speak?
(b) King Edward VII.
(c) Father Keon.
(d) The Pope.
5. How does Little Chandler attempt to stop the baby's crying?
(a) He sings a lullabye.
(b) He yells.
(c) He recites poetry.
(d) He begins to cry too.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Duffy have for lunch every day?
2. Where does Gallaher live?
3. In "A Little Cloud," how long has it been since Little Chandler has seen Gallaher?
4. In "A Mother," how many concerts does Miss Kearney agree to play?
5. Where does Maria work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Maria buy for Joe and his family, and what happens to those gifts?
2. Describe Mr. Holohan's work ethic in comparison to Mrs. Kearney's work ethic.
3. How does Mrs. Sinico die?
4. What scheme does Mr. Henchy devise for opening the beer bottles?
5. How does Mrs. Kernan deal with her husband's drinking bouts?
6. What do Mr. Duffy and Mrs. Sinico do when they visit?
7. What happens when Mrs. Kearney demands that the Eire Abu Society fulfill their part of the contract?
8. What is the sermon the priest delivers in "Grace"?
9. Describe Mr. Alleyne from the story, "Counterparts".
10. How does Farrington spend his evening?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)