|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As "Ivy Day in the Committee Room" opens, what is Old Jack using to tend the fire?
(a) A long stick.
(b) A piece of cardboard.
(c) His breath.
2. What does Farrington, the protagonist of "Counterparts," do for a living?
(a) He bakes bread.
(b) He washes cars.
(c) He copies documents by hand.
(d) He runs a publishing company.
3. How many children does Farrington have?
4. Who serves as the accompanist for the second half of the Saturday concert in "A Mother"?
(a) Mr. Holohan.
(b) Mr. Fitzpatrick.
(c) Miss Healy.
(d) Miss Kearney.
5. What are all Joe's children wearing?
(a) Halloween costumes.
(b) Denim overalls.
(c) Play clothes.
(d) Their Sunday clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maria touch when she is playing the game with the blindfold?
2. In "Ivy Day at the Committee Room", what are the men expecting to arrive at any moment with?
3. When "Ivy Day in the Committee Room" introduces Mr. O'Connor, what is he doing?
4. What city does Gallaher strongly recommend that Little Chandler visit?
5. What gift does Mr. Fogarty bring for Mr. Kernan in "Grace"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Little Chandler's appearance.
2. Describe Mr. Holohan's work ethic in comparison to Mrs. Kearney's work ethic.
3. What injury does Mr. Kernan sustain in "Grace"?
4. What happens when Mrs. Kearney demands that the Eire Abu Society fulfill their part of the contract?
5. Describe Farrington's relationship with his family.
6. What is the sermon the priest delivers in "Grace"?
7. Describe Mr. O'Connor's appearance in "Ivy Day in the Committee Room".
8. What are Little Chandler's dreams for himself?
9. What is the relationship between Maria, Joe, and Alphy in "Clay"?
10. What do Mr. Duffy and Mrs. Sinico do when they visit?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)