|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is in the middle of the room in "Ivy Day in the Committee Room"?
(a) A couch.
(b) A small table.
(c) A chair.
(d) Two large lamps.
2. What does Little Chandler have to drink in "A Little Cloud"?
(a) Whiskey and water.
(c) Red wine.
3. When she was still single, what did Mrs. Kearney do instead of falling in love?
(a) She watched birds.
(b) She went dancing.
(c) She stayed at home.
(d) She ate Turkish Delight.
4. In "Clay," when Maria has visitors, what does she give them?
(b) Cuttings from her plants.
(c) Pencils with the name of her company printed on them.
(d) Tea and cookies.
5. Where does Joe buy the purse that he gave to Maria?
(d) New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many characters from "Grace" go to church together?
2. What does Mr. Duffy have for lunch every day?
3. Who is the king during "Ivy Day in the Committee Room"?
4. What is the weather like on Saturday in "A Mother"?
5. Which Pope do the men of "Grace" commend as intellectual and highly admirable?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the men in "Ivy Day in the Committee Room" react to Mr. Hynes's poem?
2. Describe Mr. Alleyne from the story, "Counterparts".
3. What are Little Chandler's dreams for himself?
4. What happens to ruin the relationship between Mr. Duffy and Mrs. Sinico?
5. Describe Mr. O'Connor's appearance in "Ivy Day in the Committee Room".
6. Describe the game that Maria plays with Joe's family and the neighbor girls.
7. In "A Painful Case," what is Mr. Duffy's daily routine?
8. How does Mrs. Kernan deal with her husband's drinking bouts?
9. What is the sermon the priest delivers in "Grace"?
10. Describe Mr. Holohan's work ethic in comparison to Mrs. Kearney's work ethic.
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)