|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which night does the Committee of "A Mother" plan to present the best concert?
2. What does Mr. Duffy always carry while he walks?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) An umbrella.
(c) A hazel walking stick.
(d) A pipe.
3. What is the weather like on Saturday in "A Mother"?
4. What do the two neighbor girls of "Clay" bring to share with everyone?
(b) Colored eggs.
5. Where does Joe buy the purse that he gave to Maria?
(c) New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. When she was still single, what did Mrs. Kearney do instead of falling in love?
2. According to "A Mother," who is the secretary of the Eire Abu Society?
3. As "Ivy Day in the Committee Room" opens, what is Old Jack using to tend the fire?
4. What type of hat does Farrington wear while he walks to the pub?
5. For which cause would Gallaher choose to marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Sinico die?
2. What happens to ruin the relationship between Mr. Duffy and Mrs. Sinico?
3. How does Mrs. Kernan deal with her husband's drinking bouts?
4. How does Farrington spend his evening?
5. In "Clay", how do Maria's acquaintances think of Maria?
6. What scheme does Mr. Henchy devise for opening the beer bottles?
7. What are Little Chandler's dreams for himself?
8. What do Mr. Duffy and Mrs. Sinico do when they visit?
9. What happens when Farrington returns to his desk after the first time in the story Mr. Alleyne reprimands him?
10. What does Maria buy for Joe and his family, and what happens to those gifts?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)