|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month does "Ivy Day in the Committee Room" take place?
2. What does Mr. Alleyne's head resemble?
(a) A mushroom.
(b) An egg.
(c) A wolverine's head.
(d) A basketball.
3. What is Annie wearing in the photograph Little Chandler sees on the table?
(a) Fishing boots.
(b) A blue blouse.
(c) A white summer dress.
(d) An aviator's helmet.
4. What type of hat does Farrington wear while he walks to the pub?
(a) A baseball cap.
(b) A plaid shepherd's cap.
(c) A beret.
(d) A cowboy hat.
5. In "A Mother," how many concerts does Miss Kearney agree to play?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to "A Mother," who is the secretary of the Eire Abu Society?
2. Of whom does the poem in "Ivy Day in the Committee Room" speak?
3. In "A Little Cloud," how long has it been since Little Chandler has seen Gallaher?
4. How much money does Farrington receive when he pawns his watch?
5. Which sport do Farrington and his friends engage in to prove their strength?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mr. Alleyne from the story, "Counterparts".
2. How does Farrington spend his evening?
3. What is the relationship between Maria, Joe, and Alphy in "Clay"?
4. What is the "plot" the Kernans' friends devise to bring some stability to Mr. Kernan's life?
5. What are Little Chandler's dreams for himself?
6. In "Clay", how do Maria's acquaintances think of Maria?
7. Describe Little Chandler's appearance.
8. How do the men in "Ivy Day in the Committee Room" react to Mr. Hynes's poem?
9. What do Mr. Duffy and Mrs. Sinico do when they visit?
10. What is the sermon the priest delivers in "Grace"?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)