|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Pope do the men of "Grace" commend as intellectual and highly admirable?
(a) Pope Pius IX.
(b) Pope Leo XIII.
(c) Pope John XXIII.
(d) Pope Paul VI.
2. What gift does Mr. Fogarty bring for Mr. Kernan in "Grace"?
(a) A watch fob.
(c) A bottle of whiskey.
(d) A new hat.
3. In "A Little Cloud," how long has it been since Little Chandler has seen Gallaher?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Eight years.
(c) Three hours.
(d) Twenty years.
4. According to "A Mother," who is the secretary of the Eire Abu Society?
(a) Mr. Fitzgerald.
(b) Mr. Hynes.
(c) Mr. Fitzpatrick.
(d) Mrs. Kearney.
5. How old is Mrs. Sinico when she dies in "A Painful Case"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which scent does the desk in "A Painful Case" NOT contain?
2. What does Mrs. Kernan make for her husband in order to nurse him back to health?
3. During what season does "A Little Cloud" take place?
4. What does Mr. Duffy have for lunch every day?
5. What does Maria touch when she is playing the game with the blindfold?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Clay", how do Maria's acquaintances think of Maria?
2. Describe Mr. Holohan's work ethic in comparison to Mrs. Kearney's work ethic.
3. How does Mrs. Sinico die?
4. What do Mr. Duffy and Mrs. Sinico do when they visit?
5. In "A Painful Case," what is Mr. Duffy's daily routine?
6. Describe the game that Maria plays with Joe's family and the neighbor girls.
7. What does the group of men in "Ivy Day in the Committee Room" meet to discuss?
8. How do the men in "Ivy Day in the Committee Room" react to Mr. Hynes's poem?
9. How does Little Chandler handle his crying baby?
10. What happens when Farrington returns to his desk after the first time in the story Mr. Alleyne reprimands him?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)