|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What subjects does Mrs. Kearney learn in a convent?
(a) Math and history.
(b) French and music.
(c) English literature and dancing.
(d) French and Latin.
2. What name does Mr. Alleyne call Farrington after Farrington makes a snide remark?
(a) "Foolish waste of space."
(b) "Abominable, uneducated scum."
(c) "Insubordinate lowlife."
(d) "Impertinent ruffian."
3. After delivering the object the men of "Ivy Day in the Committee Room" are expecting, what does the servant boy ask for?
(b) An apology.
(c) A bite to eat.
(d) A tip.
4. In "A Mother," how many concerts does Miss Kearney agree to play?
5. What is the adjective used in the first paragraph of "A Painful Case" to describe Mr. Duffy's house?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in the middle of the room in "Ivy Day in the Committee Room"?
2. What are all Joe's children wearing?
3. In "A Little Cloud," where do Little Chandler and Gallaher meet to have a drink?
4. What does Maria touch when she is playing the game with the blindfold?
5. What is Mr. Power's first name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Little Chandler's appearance.
2. What are Little Chandler's dreams for himself?
3. How does Mrs. Sinico die?
4. What scheme does Mr. Henchy devise for opening the beer bottles?
5. How does Mrs. Kernan deal with her husband's drinking bouts?
6. Describe Gallaher's lifestyle.
7. How does Little Chandler handle his crying baby?
8. What is the relationship between Maria, Joe, and Alphy in "Clay"?
9. Describe the quality of the concerts.
10. Describe the game that Maria plays with Joe's family and the neighbor girls.
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)