|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Duffy do every evening for dessert?
(a) Drinks a cup of tea.
(b) Reads a newspaper.
(c) Takes a hot bath.
(d) Eats a piece of pie.
2. To what school does Old Jack send his son?
(b) University of Dublin.
(c) Christian Brothers.
3. What does the matron in "Clay" call Maria one day?
(a) An ingrate.
(b) A lazy bum.
(c) An angel from heaven.
(d) A peacemaker.
4. When does the Committee plan to give Miss Kearney the second half of her earnings?
(a) Immediately after the last concert.
(b) Within the month.
(c) The Tuesday following the last concert.
(d) In two weeks.
5. In "A Little Cloud," where do Little Chandler and Gallaher meet to have a drink?
(b) The Spring Garden.
(c) The King's Inn.
(d) Sean's Pub.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Maria work?
2. What does Mrs. Kernan make for her husband in order to nurse him back to health?
3. What does Maria buy as a special gift for Joe and his wife?
4. How does Little Chandler habitually feel?
5. What does Mr. Alleyne's head resemble?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the relationship between Maria, Joe, and Alphy in "Clay"?
2. What scheme does Mr. Henchy devise for opening the beer bottles?
3. Describe Mr. Alleyne from the story, "Counterparts".
4. In "Clay", how do Maria's acquaintances think of Maria?
5. What does the group of men in "Ivy Day in the Committee Room" meet to discuss?
6. What is the sermon the priest delivers in "Grace"?
7. What happens when Mrs. Kearney demands that the Eire Abu Society fulfill their part of the contract?
8. How does Mrs. Kernan deal with her husband's drinking bouts?
9. Describe Gallaher's lifestyle.
10. Describe Mr. Holohan's work ethic in comparison to Mrs. Kearney's work ethic.
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)