|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Clay," when Maria has visitors, what does she give them?
(a) Tea and cookies.
(b) Cuttings from her plants.
(d) Pencils with the name of her company printed on them.
2. How much money does Farrington have left after his drinking binge?
(a) A shilling.
(b) A sixpence.
(c) A pound.
(d) A twopence.
3. What is the weather like on Saturday in "A Mother"?
4. After delivering the object the men of "Ivy Day in the Committee Room" are expecting, what does the servant boy ask for?
(a) A bite to eat.
(c) A tip.
(d) An apology.
5. How much is the dowry Mr. Kearney saves for his daughters?
(a) One hundred pounds.
(b) One thousand crowns.
(c) Ten shillings.
(d) Two hundred pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. When she was still single, what did Mrs. Kearney do instead of falling in love?
2. How old is Mrs. Sinico when she dies in "A Painful Case"?
3. At the end of "Clay," what is Joe unable to find?
4. How many children does Farrington have?
5. One of the onlookers in "Grace" admits to having served the protagonist what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to ruin the relationship between Mr. Duffy and Mrs. Sinico?
2. How does Little Chandler handle his crying baby?
3. Describe the game that Maria plays with Joe's family and the neighbor girls.
4. What scheme does Mr. Henchy devise for opening the beer bottles?
5. How does Mrs. Kernan deal with her husband's drinking bouts?
6. Describe Gallaher's lifestyle.
7. Describe Farrington's relationship with his family.
8. What is the "plot" the Kernans' friends devise to bring some stability to Mr. Kernan's life?
9. What does Maria buy for Joe and his family, and what happens to those gifts?
10. What injury does Mr. Kernan sustain in "Grace"?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)