|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which sport do Farrington and his friends engage in to prove their strength?
(b) Weight lifting.
(d) Arm wrestling.
2. For which cause would Gallaher choose to marry?
3. Mr. Alleyne's accent signifies that he comes from where?
(b) North of Ireland.
(c) New York City.
4. How much money does Farrington have left after his drinking binge?
(a) A sixpence.
(b) A pound.
(c) A shilling.
(d) A twopence.
5. What are all Joe's children wearing?
(a) Halloween costumes.
(b) Their Sunday clothes.
(c) Play clothes.
(d) Denim overalls.
Short Answer Questions
1. One of the onlookers in "Grace" admits to having served the protagonist what?
2. In "Clay," what time do the women take tea?
3. In the first paragraph of "Clay," what is sitting on one of the tables?
4. Where does Joe buy the purse that he gave to Maria?
5. What does Mr. Duffy do for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Farrington returns to his desk after the first time in the story Mr. Alleyne reprimands him?
2. In "Clay", how do Maria's acquaintances think of Maria?
3. What happens when Mrs. Kearney demands that the Eire Abu Society fulfill their part of the contract?
4. Describe Gallaher's lifestyle.
5. Describe Mr. Alleyne from the story, "Counterparts".
6. How does Mrs. Kernan deal with her husband's drinking bouts?
7. What happens to ruin the relationship between Mr. Duffy and Mrs. Sinico?
8. Describe Mr. Holohan's work ethic in comparison to Mrs. Kearney's work ethic.
9. How does Mrs. Sinico die?
10. What is the relationship between Maria, Joe, and Alphy in "Clay"?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)