|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A Mother," how many concerts does Miss Kearney agree to play?
2. Which Pope do the men of "Grace" commend as intellectual and highly admirable?
(a) Pope John XXIII.
(b) Pope Leo XIII.
(c) Pope Pius IX.
(d) Pope Paul VI.
3. According to "A Mother," who is the secretary of the Eire Abu Society?
(a) Mr. Fitzgerald.
(b) Mrs. Kearney.
(c) Mr. Hynes.
(d) Mr. Fitzpatrick.
4. As "Ivy Day in the Committee Room" opens, what is Old Jack using to tend the fire?
(a) A piece of cardboard.
(b) A long stick.
(c) His breath.
5. What does Maria buy as a special gift for Joe and his wife?
(a) Imported cheese.
(b) A box of tea.
(d) Two pairs of fine leather gloves.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Little Chandler habitually feel?
2. In "A Little Cloud," how long has it been since Little Chandler has seen Gallaher?
3. How much money does Farrington have left after his drinking binge?
4. Mr. Duffy has a book of whose poetry at one end of his bookshelf?
5. When does the Committee plan to give Miss Kearney the second half of her earnings?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the sermon the priest delivers in "Grace"?
2. What happens when Mrs. Kearney demands that the Eire Abu Society fulfill their part of the contract?
3. What preparations does Mrs. Kearney make for the concerts on behalf of her daughter?
4. How does Little Chandler handle his crying baby?
5. What happens to ruin the relationship between Mr. Duffy and Mrs. Sinico?
6. What is the relationship between Maria, Joe, and Alphy in "Clay"?
7. What is the "plot" the Kernans' friends devise to bring some stability to Mr. Kernan's life?
8. What are Little Chandler's dreams for himself?
9. How does Farrington spend his evening?
10. What happens when Farrington returns to his desk after the first time in the story Mr. Alleyne reprimands him?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)