|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting as "Clay" begins?
(a) A bedroom.
(b) A kitchen.
(c) An art studio.
(d) A church.
2. How does Little Chandler attempt to stop the baby's crying?
(a) He yells.
(b) He sings a lullabye.
(c) He recites poetry.
(d) He begins to cry too.
3. What type of literature does Little Chandler like?
(d) Romance novels.
4. What does Mrs. Kernan make for her husband in order to nurse him back to health?
(b) Beef tea.
(c) Chicken soup.
5. To what school does Old Jack send his son?
(a) University of Dublin.
(d) Christian Brothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Annie wearing in the photograph Little Chandler sees on the table?
2. How old is Mrs. Sinico when she dies in "A Painful Case"?
3. How many characters from "Grace" go to church together?
4. What does Mr. Alleyne's head resemble?
5. What is the adjective used in the first paragraph of "A Painful Case" to describe Mr. Duffy's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What injury does Mr. Kernan sustain in "Grace"?
2. What scheme does Mr. Henchy devise for opening the beer bottles?
3. How does Farrington spend his evening?
4. Describe the quality of the concerts.
5. Describe Mr. Holohan's work ethic in comparison to Mrs. Kearney's work ethic.
6. In "A Painful Case," what is Mr. Duffy's daily routine?
7. What preparations does Mrs. Kearney make for the concerts on behalf of her daughter?
8. What is the relationship between Maria, Joe, and Alphy in "Clay"?
9. Describe Little Chandler's appearance.
10. In "Clay", how do Maria's acquaintances think of Maria?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)