|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A Little Cloud," where do Little Chandler and Gallaher meet to have a drink?
(a) The King's Inn.
(b) The Spring Garden.
(d) Sean's Pub.
2. What gift does Mr. Fogarty bring for Mr. Kernan in "Grace"?
(a) A new hat.
(b) A watch fob.
(d) A bottle of whiskey.
3. One of the onlookers in "Grace" admits to having served the protagonist what?
(a) A small rum.
(b) A large plate of fish and chips.
(c) Some painkillers.
(d) A bottle of wine.
4. What does Farrington's son offer to do by way of apology for offending Farrington?
(a) Say a Hail Mary.
(b) Rebuild the fire.
(c) Feed the pigs.
(d) Get a job.
5. In "Clay," what time do the women take tea?
(a) 7:00 PM.
(b) 4:00 PM.
(c) 6:00 PM.
(d) 3:00 PM.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who serves as the accompanist for the second half of the Saturday concert in "A Mother"?
2. Mr. Alleyne's accent signifies that he comes from where?
3. How much money does Farrington receive when he pawns his watch?
4. For which cause would Gallaher choose to marry?
5. How many characters from "Grace" go to church together?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Maria buy for Joe and his family, and what happens to those gifts?
2. Describe Mr. Holohan's work ethic in comparison to Mrs. Kearney's work ethic.
3. Describe the quality of the concerts.
4. What do Mr. Duffy and Mrs. Sinico do when they visit?
5. Describe Mr. Alleyne from the story, "Counterparts".
6. Describe Farrington's relationship with his family.
7. What injury does Mr. Kernan sustain in "Grace"?
8. What are Little Chandler's dreams for himself?
9. How do the men in "Ivy Day in the Committee Room" react to Mr. Hynes's poem?
10. What happens when Mrs. Kearney demands that the Eire Abu Society fulfill their part of the contract?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)