|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month does "Counterparts" take place?
2. When she was still single, what did Mrs. Kearney do instead of falling in love?
(a) She watched birds.
(b) She ate Turkish Delight.
(c) She went dancing.
(d) She stayed at home.
3. Who comes to look for Mr. Fanning in "Ivy Day in the Committee Room"?
(a) Father Malone.
(b) Father Keon.
(c) Mr. O'Connor.
(d) Mr. Fanning's wife.
4. Where does Maria work?
(a) In a hospital.
(b) In a church.
(c) In a laundry.
(d) On a sailboat.
5. How old is Mrs. Sinico when she dies in "A Painful Case"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Annie wearing in the photograph Little Chandler sees on the table?
2. What does Mrs. Kernan make for her husband in order to nurse him back to health?
3. Where does Gallaher live?
4. Mr. Duffy attends the meetings of which group?
5. How much money does Farrington have left after his drinking binge?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mr. O'Connor's appearance in "Ivy Day in the Committee Room".
2. Describe Gallaher's lifestyle.
3. What happens when Farrington returns to his desk after the first time in the story Mr. Alleyne reprimands him?
4. Describe the game that Maria plays with Joe's family and the neighbor girls.
5. In "Clay", how do Maria's acquaintances think of Maria?
6. What scheme does Mr. Henchy devise for opening the beer bottles?
7. How does Mrs. Kernan deal with her husband's drinking bouts?
8. How does Farrington spend his evening?
9. Describe Mr. Holohan's work ethic in comparison to Mrs. Kearney's work ethic.
10. How does Little Chandler handle his crying baby?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)