|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator of "An Encounter" shouts which name to get his companion's attention so that they can run away from the old man?
2. For whom does Mr. Mooney work after he and Mrs. Mooney separate?
(a) The baker.
(b) The undertaker.
(c) The priest.
(d) The sheriff.
3. Who had previously rented a room in the house of the narrator of "Araby"?
(a) A factory worker.
(b) A university student.
(c) A priest.
(d) A teacher.
4. What object does Mr. Doran polish several times because of his nervousness?
(a) His watch.
(b) A wine glass.
(c) His glasses.
(d) A silver spoon.
5. How old is Polly in "The Boarding House"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who introduced the Wild West to the narrator of "An Encounter"?
2. What is the name of the dead man in "The Sisters"?
3. What sound is coming from the street while Eveline muses over her memories?
4. In "Eveline," what was the destination of Frank's first trip as a sailor?
5. What does Eveline hold on to while she makes her decision to stay in Dublin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lenehan do while Corley is on his date?
2. Describe Mrs. Mooney's business endeavors.
3. Why do the boys in "An Encounter" read the Wild West stories?
4. What did Father Flynn hope to do before he died?
5. Describe Eveline's father.
6. Describe the four men in the French car from the story, "After the Race".
7. What incident led to the decline in Father Flynn's health?
8. Describe what happens when Father Flynn takes snuff.
9. How did Doyle's father make his money?
10. Why is Mr. Doran hesitant to marry Polly?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)