|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Corley's father by trade?
(a) A professor.
(b) A policeman.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A shopkeeper.
2. What gift did the narrator's aunt used to give the dead man in "The Sisters"?
(b) A cigar.
(d) High Toast snuff.
3. How much does Eveline receive for wages each week?
(a) Three pounds.
(b) Seven shillings.
(c) A sovereign.
(d) Eight pence.
4. In what profession does Doyle's father became wealthy?
5. How old is Eveline?
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom does Mr. Mooney work after he and Mrs. Mooney separate?
2. In "An Encounter," the narrator's shoes are made of which material?
3. What is the name of the American in "After the Race"?
4. Who had previously rented a room in the house of the narrator of "Araby"?
5. What is the name of the shop that the narrator visits in "The Sisters"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mr. Doran hesitant to marry Polly?
2. Why can't Miss Mangan go to Araby?
3. What does Lenehan do for a living?
4. Describe the narrator of "Araby"'s morning routine.
5. Describe what happens when Father Flynn takes snuff.
6. Why do the boys in "An Encounter" read the Wild West stories?
7. At the end of the story, "Two Gallants," what does the object in Corley's hand signify?
8. In "An Encounter", what adventurous plan do the boys hatch?
9. What did Father Flynn hope to do before he died?
10. Describe the narrator's mood in the days preceding Araby.
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)