|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Eveline receive for wages each week?
(a) Three pounds.
(b) Eight pence.
(c) Seven shillings.
(d) A sovereign.
2. What is the odd word from Euclid that the narrator of "The Sisters" mentions?
3. How much does the narrator of "Araby" pay to get in at the bazaar?
(a) A crown.
(b) A shilling.
(c) Half a pound.
(d) A sixpence.
4. In "After the Race", what subject does Segouin introduce over dinner ?
5. What is Villona's country of origin?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Araby?
2. In "An Encounter," the narrator's shoes are made of which material?
3. What time is it at the conclusion of "After the Race"?
4. In "After the Race," which of the four men in the car is happy because of having had a good lunch?
5. Whose picture is above the harmonium in "Eveline"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Mrs. Mooney's plan with regard to Polly and Mr. Doran?
2. What does Eveline do at the last moment before the ship leaves?
3. What is Corley's approach to the opposite sex?
4. What type of people lodge at Mrs. Mooney's establishment?
5. In "An Encounter", what adventurous plan do the boys hatch?
6. In "An Encounter", describe the boys' experience with the children they encounter on their adventure.
7. Describe the topics of the conversation that the old man has with Mahony and the narrator in "An Encounter".
8. Describe Mrs. Mooney's business endeavors.
9. What happens to the narrator at Araby?
10. At the end of the story, "Two Gallants," what does the object in Corley's hand signify?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)