|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which night does the Committee of "A Mother" plan to present the best concert?
2. Who is the king during "Ivy Day in the Committee Room"?
(a) King Charles V.
(b) King Edward VII.
(c) King James XIII.
(d) King Richard IV.
3. When "Ivy Day in the Committee Room" introduces Mr. O'Connor, what is he doing?
(a) Rolling a cigarette.
(b) Opening a bottle of wine.
(c) Listening to the radio.
(d) Reading a newspaper.
4. At the end of "A Painful Case," what does Mr. Duffy hear?
(a) A violin playing Mozart.
(c) Mrs. Sinico's voice.
(d) Two children playing.
5. How much money does Farrington receive when he pawns his watch?
(a) Two pounds.
(b) Fifteen pounds.
(c) Six shillings.
(d) A sovereign.
6. One of the onlookers in "Grace" admits to having served the protagonist what?
(a) A large plate of fish and chips.
(b) A bottle of wine.
(c) A small rum.
(d) Some painkillers.
7. When she was still single, what did Mrs. Kearney do instead of falling in love?
(a) She ate Turkish Delight.
(b) She stayed at home.
(c) She watched birds.
(d) She went dancing.
8. What are all Joe's children wearing?
(a) Play clothes.
(b) Halloween costumes.
(c) Denim overalls.
(d) Their Sunday clothes.
9. What is Annie wearing in the photograph Little Chandler sees on the table?
(a) An aviator's helmet.
(b) A blue blouse.
(c) Fishing boots.
(d) A white summer dress.
10. Mr. Duffy attends the meetings of which group?
(a) United Catholics of Ireland.
(b) The Communist Party.
(c) The Irish Socialist Party.
(d) National Protestant Alliance.
11. What does Mr. Duffy do every evening for dessert?
(a) Reads a newspaper.
(b) Eats a piece of pie.
(c) Takes a hot bath.
(d) Drinks a cup of tea.
12. Which scent does the desk in "A Painful Case" NOT contain?
(b) New paper.
(d) A bottle of gum.
13. To what school does Old Jack send his son?
(a) University of Dublin.
(d) Christian Brothers.
14. What do the men of "Ivy Day in the Committee Room" use to open their drinks?
(a) The fire.
(b) Their hands.
(c) A bottle opener.
(d) The edge of a knife.
15. What does the man in the cycling suit in "Grace" give the injured man to revive him?
(a) Cough medicine.
(c) Smelling salts.
(d) Castor oil.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to "A Mother," who is the secretary of the Eire Abu Society?
2. When does the Committee plan to give Miss Kearney the second half of her earnings?
3. What does Mr. Kernan always wear when he is out in the city?
4. At the end of "Clay," what is Joe unable to find?
5. What do the two neighbor girls of "Clay" bring to share with everyone?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)