|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift does Mr. Fogarty bring for Mr. Kernan in "Grace"?
(b) A bottle of whiskey.
(c) A new hat.
(d) A watch fob.
2. Which adjective is used to describe the constable in "Grace"?
3. What is Mr. Power's first name?
4. What does Farrington eat after he has his drink?
(a) Some pretzels.
(b) Some peanuts.
(c) A plate of corned beef and cabbage.
(d) A caraway seed.
5. What does the man in the cycling suit in "Grace" give the injured man to revive him?
(a) Smelling salts.
(c) Cough medicine.
(d) Castor oil.
6. What are all Joe's children wearing?
(a) Denim overalls.
(b) Halloween costumes.
(c) Their Sunday clothes.
(d) Play clothes.
7. For which cause would Gallaher choose to marry?
8. As "Ivy Day in the Committee Room" opens, what is Old Jack using to tend the fire?
(b) A piece of cardboard.
(c) A long stick.
(d) His breath.
9. What is the nickname that Mr. Holohan has in "A Mother"?
(b) Hoppy Holohan.
(c) Old Lazy.
(d) Jumping Jack.
10. What type of literature does Little Chandler like?
(d) Romance novels.
11. What is the weather like on Saturday in "A Mother"?
12. What type of hat does Farrington wear while he walks to the pub?
(a) A baseball cap.
(b) A beret.
(c) A plaid shepherd's cap.
(d) A cowboy hat.
13. In the first paragraph of "Clay," what is sitting on one of the tables?
(a) Two silver candlesticks.
(b) A potter's wheel.
(c) Four barmbracks.
(d) A fisherman's cap.
14. How much is Miss Kearney supposed to receive for her work with the concerts?
(a) Eight guineas.
(b) Two pounds.
(c) Twenty pence.
(d) Twenty shillings.
15. In "A Little Cloud," where do Little Chandler and Gallaher meet to have a drink?
(a) The Spring Garden.
(b) The King's Inn.
(c) Sean's Pub.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Mr. Duffy and Mrs. Sinico meet for the last time in "A Painful Case"?
2. At the end of "A Painful Case," what does Mr. Duffy hear?
3. Mr. Alleyne's accent signifies that he comes from where?
4. What does Mr. Alleyne's head resemble?
5. Which night does the Committee of "A Mother" plan to present the best concert?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)