|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of "A Painful Case," what does Mr. Duffy hear?
(b) A violin playing Mozart.
(c) Two children playing.
(d) Mrs. Sinico's voice.
2. What type of hat does Farrington wear while he walks to the pub?
(a) A baseball cap.
(b) A plaid shepherd's cap.
(c) A cowboy hat.
(d) A beret.
3. Who serves as the accompanist for the second half of the Saturday concert in "A Mother"?
(a) Miss Kearney.
(b) Mr. Holohan.
(c) Mr. Fitzpatrick.
(d) Miss Healy.
4. How much money does Farrington receive when he pawns his watch?
(a) Six shillings.
(b) Fifteen pounds.
(c) A sovereign.
(d) Two pounds.
5. In "A Mother," how many concerts does Miss Kearney agree to play?
6. Where does Joe buy the purse that he gave to Maria?
(a) New York City.
7. In "Ivy Day in the Committee Room," who recites a poem?
(a) Mr. Henchy.
(b) Mr. O'Connor.
(c) Mr. Hynes.
(d) Mr. Fanning.
8. What does the matron in "Clay" call Maria one day?
(a) An angel from heaven.
(b) An ingrate.
(c) A peacemaker.
(d) A lazy bum.
9. What is the nickname that Mr. Holohan has in "A Mother"?
(b) Hoppy Holohan.
(c) Jumping Jack.
(d) Old Lazy.
10. How much is Miss Kearney supposed to receive for her work with the concerts?
(a) Two pounds.
(b) Eight guineas.
(c) Twenty pence.
(d) Twenty shillings.
11. In "A Little Cloud," how long has it been since Little Chandler has seen Gallaher?
(a) Three hours.
(b) Eight years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Two weeks.
12. What subjects does Mrs. Kearney learn in a convent?
(a) Math and history.
(b) French and music.
(c) English literature and dancing.
(d) French and Latin.
13. In what month does "Ivy Day in the Committee Room" take place?
14. When she was still single, what did Mrs. Kearney do instead of falling in love?
(a) She watched birds.
(b) She stayed at home.
(c) She went dancing.
(d) She ate Turkish Delight.
15. How old is Mrs. Sinico when she dies in "A Painful Case"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many grown children do Mr. and Mrs. Kernan have?
2. Which scent does the desk in "A Painful Case" NOT contain?
3. What does Mr. Duffy always carry while he walks?
4. What does Mr. Duffy do for a living?
5. What had Annie requested that Little Chandler bring home?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)