|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the weather like on Saturday in "A Mother"?
2. What does the matron in "Clay" call Maria one day?
(a) A peacemaker.
(b) A lazy bum.
(c) An angel from heaven.
(d) An ingrate.
3. In "Clay," when Maria has visitors, what does she give them?
(a) Cuttings from her plants.
(b) Tea and cookies.
(d) Pencils with the name of her company printed on them.
4. Mr. Alleyne's accent signifies that he comes from where?
(a) North of Ireland.
(c) New York City.
5. What does Mrs. Kernan make for her husband in order to nurse him back to health?
(b) Chicken soup.
(d) Beef tea.
6. Who serves as the accompanist for the second half of the Saturday concert in "A Mother"?
(a) Miss Kearney.
(b) Mr. Holohan.
(c) Miss Healy.
(d) Mr. Fitzpatrick.
7. Which Pope do the men of "Grace" commend as intellectual and highly admirable?
(a) Pope Paul VI.
(b) Pope Pius IX.
(c) Pope John XXIII.
(d) Pope Leo XIII.
8. How does Little Chandler attempt to stop the baby's crying?
(a) He sings a lullabye.
(b) He begins to cry too.
(c) He yells.
(d) He recites poetry.
9. To what school does Old Jack send his son?
(a) University of Dublin.
(c) Christian Brothers.
10. Which adjective is used to describe the constable in "Grace"?
11. In what month does "Ivy Day in the Committee Room" take place?
12. What do the two neighbor girls of "Clay" bring to share with everyone?
(c) Colored eggs.
13. During what season does "A Little Cloud" take place?
14. What gift does Mr. Fogarty bring for Mr. Kernan in "Grace"?
(a) A new hat.
(b) A bottle of whiskey.
(c) A watch fob.
15. Where does Maria work?
(a) In a hospital.
(b) On a sailboat.
(c) In a church.
(d) In a laundry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Farrington, the protagonist of "Counterparts," do for a living?
2. What does Mr. Duffy have for lunch every day?
3. In what month does "Counterparts" take place?
4. What is in the middle of the room in "Ivy Day in the Committee Room"?
5. According to "A Mother," who is the secretary of the Eire Abu Society?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)