|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During what season does "A Little Cloud" take place?
2. What name does Mr. Alleyne call Farrington after Farrington makes a snide remark?
(a) "Abominable, uneducated scum."
(b) "Foolish waste of space."
(c) "Impertinent ruffian."
(d) "Insubordinate lowlife."
3. One of the onlookers in "Grace" admits to having served the protagonist what?
(a) A bottle of wine.
(b) Some painkillers.
(c) A large plate of fish and chips.
(d) A small rum.
4. What is the nickname that Mr. Holohan has in "A Mother"?
(a) Jumping Jack.
(c) Old Lazy.
(d) Hoppy Holohan.
5. According to "A Mother," who is the secretary of the Eire Abu Society?
(a) Mrs. Kearney.
(b) Mr. Hynes.
(c) Mr. Fitzpatrick.
(d) Mr. Fitzgerald.
6. How old is Mrs. Sinico when she dies in "A Painful Case"?
7. What does Maria touch when she is playing the game with the blindfold?
(a) A teddy bear.
(b) A piece of candy.
(c) One of the children.
(d) A liquid material.
8. Where does Joe buy the purse that he gave to Maria?
(c) New York City.
9. Of whom does the poem in "Ivy Day in the Committee Room" speak?
(b) The Pope.
(c) Father Keon.
(d) King Edward VII.
10. Where does Gallaher live?
11. Which sport do Farrington and his friends engage in to prove their strength?
(a) Arm wrestling.
(b) Weight lifting.
12. What does Farrington's son offer to do by way of apology for offending Farrington?
(a) Say a Hail Mary.
(b) Feed the pigs.
(c) Get a job.
(d) Rebuild the fire.
13. What does Farrington eat after he has his drink?
(a) Some pretzels.
(b) A caraway seed.
(c) Some peanuts.
(d) A plate of corned beef and cabbage.
14. In "Clay," when Maria has visitors, what does she give them?
(a) Pencils with the name of her company printed on them.
(b) Tea and cookies.
(d) Cuttings from her plants.
15. Martin Cunningham's face looks like the face of which person?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Ivy Day at the Committee Room", what are the men expecting to arrive at any moment with?
2. Where does Maria work?
3. At the end of "Clay," what is Joe unable to find?
4. What does Mr. Duffy always carry while he walks?
5. What does the man in the cycling suit in "Grace" give the injured man to revive him?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)