|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Alleyne's head resemble?
(a) A mushroom.
(b) An egg.
(c) A basketball.
(d) A wolverine's head.
2. According to "A Mother," who is the secretary of the Eire Abu Society?
(a) Mr. Fitzpatrick.
(b) Mr. Fitzgerald.
(c) Mrs. Kearney.
(d) Mr. Hynes.
3. What is Annie wearing in the photograph Little Chandler sees on the table?
(a) Fishing boots.
(b) An aviator's helmet.
(c) A white summer dress.
(d) A blue blouse.
4. In "Clay," what time do the women take tea?
(a) 7:00 PM.
(b) 6:00 PM.
(c) 4:00 PM.
(d) 3:00 PM.
5. When "Ivy Day in the Committee Room" introduces Mr. O'Connor, what is he doing?
(a) Opening a bottle of wine.
(b) Reading a newspaper.
(c) Rolling a cigarette.
(d) Listening to the radio.
6. What name does Mr. Alleyne call Farrington after Farrington makes a snide remark?
(a) "Impertinent ruffian."
(b) "Foolish waste of space."
(c) "Insubordinate lowlife."
(d) "Abominable, uneducated scum."
7. What is the setting as "Clay" begins?
(a) An art studio.
(b) A kitchen.
(c) A church.
(d) A bedroom.
8. Of whom does the poem in "Ivy Day in the Committee Room" speak?
(a) King Edward VII.
(c) The Pope.
(d) Father Keon.
9. What does Mr. Duffy do for a living?
(a) He runs a pub.
(b) He is a bank cashier.
(c) He writes poetry.
(d) He walks dogs.
10. What is the adjective used in the first paragraph of "A Painful Case" to describe Mr. Duffy's house?
11. Mr. Duffy has a book of whose poetry at one end of his bookshelf?
12. What is Mr. Power's first name?
13. What is the weather like on Saturday in "A Mother"?
14. How does Little Chandler attempt to stop the baby's crying?
(a) He begins to cry too.
(b) He sings a lullabye.
(c) He recites poetry.
(d) He yells.
15. What does Mrs. Kernan make for her husband in order to nurse him back to health?
(a) Chicken soup.
(b) Beef tea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Little Chandler have to drink in "A Little Cloud"?
2. How many children does Farrington have?
3. When does the Committee plan to give Miss Kearney the second half of her earnings?
4. What does Mr. Duffy have for lunch every day?
5. How much is Miss Kearney supposed to receive for her work with the concerts?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)