|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of hat does Farrington wear while he walks to the pub?
(a) A plaid shepherd's cap.
(b) A cowboy hat.
(c) A beret.
(d) A baseball cap.
2. What gift does Mr. Fogarty bring for Mr. Kernan in "Grace"?
(b) A watch fob.
(c) A bottle of whiskey.
(d) A new hat.
3. What does Farrington's son offer to do by way of apology for offending Farrington?
(a) Feed the pigs.
(b) Get a job.
(c) Say a Hail Mary.
(d) Rebuild the fire.
4. In "A Little Cloud," where do Little Chandler and Gallaher meet to have a drink?
(a) Sean's Pub.
(c) The Spring Garden.
(d) The King's Inn.
5. How much is the dowry Mr. Kearney saves for his daughters?
(a) Ten shillings.
(b) Two hundred pounds.
(c) One hundred pounds.
(d) One thousand crowns.
6. Which Pope do the men of "Grace" commend as intellectual and highly admirable?
(a) Pope John XXIII.
(b) Pope Leo XIII.
(c) Pope Pius IX.
(d) Pope Paul VI.
7. What does Farrington, the protagonist of "Counterparts," do for a living?
(a) He bakes bread.
(b) He washes cars.
(c) He copies documents by hand.
(d) He runs a publishing company.
8. As "Ivy Day in the Committee Room" opens, what is Old Jack using to tend the fire?
(a) A piece of cardboard.
(b) His breath.
(c) A long stick.
9. How much is Miss Kearney supposed to receive for her work with the concerts?
(a) Two pounds.
(b) Twenty shillings.
(c) Eight guineas.
(d) Twenty pence.
10. How much money does Farrington have left after his drinking binge?
(a) A sixpence.
(b) A pound.
(c) A twopence.
(d) A shilling.
11. During what season does "A Little Cloud" take place?
12. Which night does the Committee of "A Mother" plan to present the best concert?
13. What are all Joe's children wearing?
(a) Denim overalls.
(b) Their Sunday clothes.
(c) Play clothes.
(d) Halloween costumes.
14. What city does Gallaher strongly recommend that Little Chandler visit?
15. At the end of "A Painful Case," what does Mr. Duffy hear?
(b) A violin playing Mozart.
(c) Mrs. Sinico's voice.
(d) Two children playing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which drink does Mr. Duggan, the bass player, prefer?
2. What does Little Chandler have to drink in "A Little Cloud"?
3. In "Ivy Day at the Committee Room", what are the men expecting to arrive at any moment with?
4. Who is the king during "Ivy Day in the Committee Room"?
5. How many characters from "Grace" go to church together?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)