|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which sport do Farrington and his friends engage in to prove their strength?
(b) Arm wrestling.
(c) Weight lifting.
2. What is Annie wearing in the photograph Little Chandler sees on the table?
(a) Fishing boots.
(b) An aviator's helmet.
(c) A white summer dress.
(d) A blue blouse.
3. Which night does the Committee of "A Mother" plan to present the best concert?
4. What are all Joe's children wearing?
(a) Halloween costumes.
(b) Denim overalls.
(c) Play clothes.
(d) Their Sunday clothes.
5. During what season does "A Little Cloud" take place?
6. What do the men of "Ivy Day in the Committee Room" use to open their drinks?
(a) The fire.
(b) Their hands.
(c) A bottle opener.
(d) The edge of a knife.
7. What is the nickname that Mr. Holohan has in "A Mother"?
(a) Jumping Jack.
(b) Hoppy Holohan.
(d) Old Lazy.
8. Where do Mr. Duffy and Mrs. Sinico meet for the last time in "A Painful Case"?
(a) At a restaurant.
(b) At a cakeshop.
(c) In a park.
(d) In Mrs. Sinico's front parlor.
9. What type of literature does Little Chandler like?
(b) Romance novels.
10. How much is Miss Kearney supposed to receive for her work with the concerts?
(a) Twenty pence.
(b) Twenty shillings.
(c) Two pounds.
(d) Eight guineas.
11. How old is Mrs. Sinico when she dies in "A Painful Case"?
12. How many characters from "Grace" go to church together?
13. How much money does Farrington receive when he pawns his watch?
(a) A sovereign.
(b) Fifteen pounds.
(c) Two pounds.
(d) Six shillings.
14. In what month does "Ivy Day in the Committee Room" take place?
15. What is the adjective used in the first paragraph of "A Painful Case" to describe Mr. Duffy's house?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Alleyne's head resemble?
2. What do the two neighbor girls of "Clay" bring to share with everyone?
3. How does Little Chandler habitually feel?
4. What does Mr. Duffy do for a living?
5. What subjects does Mrs. Kearney learn in a convent?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)