|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Clay," when Maria has visitors, what does she give them?
(a) Tea and cookies.
(b) Pencils with the name of her company printed on them.
(c) Cuttings from her plants.
2. How old is Mrs. Sinico when she dies in "A Painful Case"?
3. Where does Gallaher live?
4. In "Ivy Day at the Committee Room", what are the men expecting to arrive at any moment with?
(c) A newspaper.
(d) Election results.
5. What does Farrington, the protagonist of "Counterparts," do for a living?
(a) He washes cars.
(b) He copies documents by hand.
(c) He bakes bread.
(d) He runs a publishing company.
6. What does Maria buy as a special gift for Joe and his wife?
(a) Imported cheese.
(b) Two pairs of fine leather gloves.
(d) A box of tea.
7. When does the Committee plan to give Miss Kearney the second half of her earnings?
(a) Within the month.
(b) In two weeks.
(c) The Tuesday following the last concert.
(d) Immediately after the last concert.
8. As "Ivy Day in the Committee Room" opens, what is Old Jack using to tend the fire?
(a) A long stick.
(b) His breath.
(d) A piece of cardboard.
9. What type of hat does Farrington wear while he walks to the pub?
(a) A beret.
(b) A plaid shepherd's cap.
(c) A baseball cap.
(d) A cowboy hat.
10. In "A Little Cloud," where do Little Chandler and Gallaher meet to have a drink?
(a) Sean's Pub.
(b) The King's Inn.
(d) The Spring Garden.
11. What does Farrington eat after he has his drink?
(a) Some peanuts.
(b) A caraway seed.
(c) Some pretzels.
(d) A plate of corned beef and cabbage.
12. What are all Joe's children wearing?
(a) Play clothes.
(b) Halloween costumes.
(c) Their Sunday clothes.
(d) Denim overalls.
13. When "Ivy Day in the Committee Room" introduces Mr. O'Connor, what is he doing?
(a) Rolling a cigarette.
(b) Listening to the radio.
(c) Opening a bottle of wine.
(d) Reading a newspaper.
14. Where does Maria work?
(a) In a church.
(b) On a sailboat.
(c) In a laundry.
(d) In a hospital.
15. What is the setting as "Grace" begins?
(a) A restroom.
(b) The seaside.
(c) The protagonist's home.
(d) The courthouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Kernan make for her husband in order to nurse him back to health?
2. What is Mr. Power's first name?
3. What type of literature does Little Chandler like?
4. Which drink does Mr. Duggan, the bass player, prefer?
5. What does Mr. Duffy do for a living?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)