|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Alleyne's head resemble?
(a) A mushroom.
(b) A basketball.
(c) An egg.
(d) A wolverine's head.
2. Where does Maria work?
(a) In a church.
(b) In a hospital.
(c) On a sailboat.
(d) In a laundry.
3. Mr. Duffy has a book of whose poetry at one end of his bookshelf?
4. What is the setting as "Clay" begins?
(a) A bedroom.
(b) A church.
(c) An art studio.
(d) A kitchen.
5. Where does Joe buy the purse that he gave to Maria?
(a) New York City.
6. At the end of "Clay," what is Joe unable to find?
(a) His hat.
(b) A corkscrew.
(c) A nutcracker.
(d) A prayer book.
7. At the end of "A Painful Case," what does Mr. Duffy hear?
(b) Mrs. Sinico's voice.
(c) Two children playing.
(d) A violin playing Mozart.
8. Which sport do Farrington and his friends engage in to prove their strength?
(b) Weight lifting.
(c) Arm wrestling.
9. According to "A Mother," who is the secretary of the Eire Abu Society?
(a) Mr. Fitzgerald.
(b) Mr. Hynes.
(c) Mr. Fitzpatrick.
(d) Mrs. Kearney.
10. Mr. Alleyne's accent signifies that he comes from where?
(b) North of Ireland.
(c) New York City.
11. What is the nickname that Mr. Holohan has in "A Mother"?
(b) Old Lazy.
(c) Jumping Jack.
(d) Hoppy Holohan.
12. What does Mr. Kernan always wear when he is out in the city?
(a) A fisherman's cap.
(b) A silk hat and gaiters.
(c) A pocketwatch.
(d) A suit.
13. In "Ivy Day at the Committee Room", what are the men expecting to arrive at any moment with?
(b) A newspaper.
(c) Election results.
14. What does Farrington, the protagonist of "Counterparts," do for a living?
(a) He bakes bread.
(b) He washes cars.
(c) He runs a publishing company.
(d) He copies documents by hand.
15. To what school does Old Jack send his son?
(b) University of Dublin.
(c) Christian Brothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man in the cycling suit in "Grace" give the injured man to revive him?
2. Where does Gallaher live?
3. Which Pope do the men of "Grace" commend as intellectual and highly admirable?
4. What does Mr. Duffy do for a living?
5. When she was still single, what did Mrs. Kearney do instead of falling in love?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)