|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Kernan always wear when he is out in the city?
(a) A silk hat and gaiters.
(b) A pocketwatch.
(c) A suit.
(d) A fisherman's cap.
2. What does Mrs. Kernan make for her husband in order to nurse him back to health?
(b) Beef tea.
(d) Chicken soup.
3. How much is the dowry Mr. Kearney saves for his daughters?
(a) One thousand crowns.
(b) One hundred pounds.
(c) Ten shillings.
(d) Two hundred pounds.
4. Who serves as the accompanist for the second half of the Saturday concert in "A Mother"?
(a) Mr. Fitzpatrick.
(b) Miss Healy.
(c) Mr. Holohan.
(d) Miss Kearney.
5. To what school does Old Jack send his son?
(a) University of Dublin.
(b) Christian Brothers.
6. What does Mr. Duffy do every evening for dessert?
(a) Drinks a cup of tea.
(b) Eats a piece of pie.
(c) Reads a newspaper.
(d) Takes a hot bath.
7. What are all Joe's children wearing?
(a) Halloween costumes.
(b) Their Sunday clothes.
(c) Play clothes.
(d) Denim overalls.
8. How much is Miss Kearney supposed to receive for her work with the concerts?
(a) Twenty pence.
(b) Eight guineas.
(c) Twenty shillings.
(d) Two pounds.
9. What does the man in the cycling suit in "Grace" give the injured man to revive him?
(a) Cough medicine.
(c) Smelling salts.
(d) Castor oil.
10. Martin Cunningham's face looks like the face of which person?
11. What type of literature does Little Chandler like?
(d) Romance novels.
12. Where does Joe buy the purse that he gave to Maria?
(a) New York City.
13. Where does Gallaher live?
14. According to "A Mother," who is the secretary of the Eire Abu Society?
(a) Mr. Fitzgerald.
(b) Mr. Fitzpatrick.
(c) Mrs. Kearney.
(d) Mr. Hynes.
15. What does Farrington, the protagonist of "Counterparts," do for a living?
(a) He runs a publishing company.
(b) He bakes bread.
(c) He copies documents by hand.
(d) He washes cars.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Ivy Day in the Committee Room," who recites a poem?
2. What subjects does Mrs. Kearney learn in a convent?
3. Who is the king during "Ivy Day in the Committee Room"?
4. What does Mr. Duffy always carry while he walks?
5. How does Little Chandler attempt to stop the baby's crying?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)