|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children does Farrington have?
2. What is the setting as "Clay" begins?
(a) A church.
(b) An art studio.
(c) A bedroom.
(d) A kitchen.
3. When does the Committee plan to give Miss Kearney the second half of her earnings?
(a) In two weeks.
(b) Within the month.
(c) Immediately after the last concert.
(d) The Tuesday following the last concert.
4. How does Little Chandler habitually feel?
5. After delivering the object the men of "Ivy Day in the Committee Room" are expecting, what does the servant boy ask for?
(a) A tip.
(c) An apology.
(d) A bite to eat.
6. What does Little Chandler have to drink in "A Little Cloud"?
(a) Whiskey and water.
(b) Red wine.
7. How many grown children do Mr. and Mrs. Kernan have?
8. At the end of "A Painful Case," what does Mr. Duffy hear?
(a) A violin playing Mozart.
(c) Two children playing.
(d) Mrs. Sinico's voice.
9. What is the setting as "Grace" begins?
(a) The protagonist's home.
(b) A restroom.
(c) The courthouse.
(d) The seaside.
10. In "A Mother," how many concerts does Miss Kearney agree to play?
11. What do the men of "Ivy Day in the Committee Room" use to open their drinks?
(a) Their hands.
(b) The edge of a knife.
(c) The fire.
(d) A bottle opener.
12. What gift does Mr. Fogarty bring for Mr. Kernan in "Grace"?
(b) A new hat.
(c) A bottle of whiskey.
(d) A watch fob.
13. How much money does Farrington have left after his drinking binge?
(a) A twopence.
(b) A pound.
(c) A sixpence.
(d) A shilling.
14. Where does Mr. Duffy go after hearing of Mrs. Sinico's death?
(a) A church.
(b) To Mrs. Sinico's house.
(d) A pub.
15. In what month does "Ivy Day in the Committee Room" take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which sport do Farrington and his friends engage in to prove their strength?
2. In "Ivy Day in the Committee Room," who recites a poem?
3. What had Annie requested that Little Chandler bring home?
4. In "Clay," when Maria has visitors, what does she give them?
5. What does Mr. Duffy always carry while he walks?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)