|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mr. Duffy go after hearing of Mrs. Sinico's death?
(a) A pub.
(b) A church.
(d) To Mrs. Sinico's house.
2. In what month does "Counterparts" take place?
3. What does Mr. Duffy have for lunch every day?
(a) Tea and scones.
(b) Corned beef and cabbage.
(c) Ale and a plate of peas.
(d) Lager beer and arrowroot biscuits.
4. What name does Mr. Alleyne call Farrington after Farrington makes a snide remark?
(a) "Foolish waste of space."
(b) "Impertinent ruffian."
(c) "Abominable, uneducated scum."
(d) "Insubordinate lowlife."
5. In "A Mother," how many concerts does Miss Kearney agree to play?
6. At the end of "A Painful Case," what does Mr. Duffy hear?
(b) Two children playing.
(c) A violin playing Mozart.
(d) Mrs. Sinico's voice.
7. For which cause would Gallaher choose to marry?
8. What do the two neighbor girls of "Clay" bring to share with everyone?
(b) Colored eggs.
9. Mr. Alleyne's accent signifies that he comes from where?
(b) North of Ireland.
(d) New York City.
10. Where does Joe buy the purse that he gave to Maria?
(b) New York City.
11. What are all Joe's children wearing?
(a) Play clothes.
(b) Halloween costumes.
(c) Their Sunday clothes.
(d) Denim overalls.
12. What is the setting as "Clay" begins?
(a) A church.
(b) An art studio.
(c) A bedroom.
(d) A kitchen.
13. When she was still single, what did Mrs. Kearney do instead of falling in love?
(a) She went dancing.
(b) She stayed at home.
(c) She ate Turkish Delight.
(d) She watched birds.
14. To what school does Old Jack send his son?
(a) University of Dublin.
(c) Christian Brothers.
15. Mr. Duffy attends the meetings of which group?
(a) The Communist Party.
(b) The Irish Socialist Party.
(c) National Protestant Alliance.
(d) United Catholics of Ireland.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting as "Grace" begins?
2. Of whom does the poem in "Ivy Day in the Committee Room" speak?
3. What type of hat does Farrington wear while he walks to the pub?
4. What does Little Chandler have to drink in "A Little Cloud"?
5. In "Ivy Day in the Committee Room," who recites a poem?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)