|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Power's first name?
2. What does Mr. Duffy always carry while he walks?
(a) A hazel walking stick.
(b) An umbrella.
(c) A pipe.
(d) A newspaper.
3. What does Maria buy as a special gift for Joe and his wife?
(a) Imported cheese.
(b) Two pairs of fine leather gloves.
(c) A box of tea.
4. What does Mr. Kernan always wear when he is out in the city?
(a) A silk hat and gaiters.
(b) A pocketwatch.
(c) A suit.
(d) A fisherman's cap.
5. In the first paragraph of "Clay," what is sitting on one of the tables?
(a) A fisherman's cap.
(b) Two silver candlesticks.
(c) Four barmbracks.
(d) A potter's wheel.
6. What does Mrs. Kernan make for her husband in order to nurse him back to health?
(a) Chicken soup.
(c) Beef tea.
7. When "Ivy Day in the Committee Room" introduces Mr. O'Connor, what is he doing?
(a) Listening to the radio.
(b) Reading a newspaper.
(c) Opening a bottle of wine.
(d) Rolling a cigarette.
8. Where does Maria work?
(a) In a church.
(b) In a laundry.
(c) In a hospital.
(d) On a sailboat.
9. In what month does "Ivy Day in the Committee Room" take place?
10. What is the weather like on Saturday in "A Mother"?
11. Of whom does the poem in "Ivy Day in the Committee Room" speak?
(b) Father Keon.
(c) King Edward VII.
(d) The Pope.
12. How old is Mrs. Sinico when she dies in "A Painful Case"?
13. What does Mr. Duffy do for a living?
(a) He is a bank cashier.
(b) He writes poetry.
(c) He walks dogs.
(d) He runs a pub.
14. Where does Gallaher live?
15. How does Little Chandler habitually feel?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Ivy Day in the Committee Room," who recites a poem?
2. Mr. Duffy has a book of whose poetry at one end of his bookshelf?
3. For which cause would Gallaher choose to marry?
4. At the end of "Clay," what is Joe unable to find?
5. What do the two neighbor girls of "Clay" bring to share with everyone?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)