|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the weather like on Saturday in "A Mother"?
2. Who is the king during "Ivy Day in the Committee Room"?
(a) King Richard IV.
(b) King Charles V.
(c) King Edward VII.
(d) King James XIII.
3. What does Maria buy as a special gift for Joe and his wife?
(b) A box of tea.
(c) Two pairs of fine leather gloves.
(d) Imported cheese.
4. Where does Mr. Duffy go after hearing of Mrs. Sinico's death?
(a) A church.
(b) A pub.
(d) To Mrs. Sinico's house.
5. How many grown children do Mr. and Mrs. Kernan have?
6. In what month does "Ivy Day in the Committee Room" take place?
7. At the end of "A Painful Case," what does Mr. Duffy hear?
(a) Mrs. Sinico's voice.
(b) A violin playing Mozart.
(d) Two children playing.
8. What type of hat does Farrington wear while he walks to the pub?
(a) A baseball cap.
(b) A plaid shepherd's cap.
(c) A cowboy hat.
(d) A beret.
9. What does Mr. Duffy do every evening for dessert?
(a) Drinks a cup of tea.
(b) Reads a newspaper.
(c) Eats a piece of pie.
(d) Takes a hot bath.
10. Which sport do Farrington and his friends engage in to prove their strength?
(a) Arm wrestling.
(d) Weight lifting.
11. When does the Committee plan to give Miss Kearney the second half of her earnings?
(a) Within the month.
(b) In two weeks.
(c) The Tuesday following the last concert.
(d) Immediately after the last concert.
12. What does Mrs. Kernan make for her husband in order to nurse him back to health?
(b) Beef tea.
(d) Chicken soup.
13. When she was still single, what did Mrs. Kearney do instead of falling in love?
(a) She stayed at home.
(b) She went dancing.
(c) She ate Turkish Delight.
(d) She watched birds.
14. What had Annie requested that Little Chandler bring home?
15. How much is Miss Kearney supposed to receive for her work with the concerts?
(a) Twenty pence.
(b) Eight guineas.
(c) Twenty shillings.
(d) Two pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. For which cause would Gallaher choose to marry?
2. How does Little Chandler habitually feel?
3. At the end of "Clay," what is Joe unable to find?
4. What does Mr. Alleyne's head resemble?
5. During what season does "A Little Cloud" take place?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)