|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What subjects does Mrs. Kearney learn in a convent?
(a) Math and history.
(b) French and Latin.
(c) English literature and dancing.
(d) French and music.
2. After delivering the object the men of "Ivy Day in the Committee Room" are expecting, what does the servant boy ask for?
(a) A tip.
(b) An apology.
(c) A bite to eat.
3. What type of hat does Farrington wear while he walks to the pub?
(a) A baseball cap.
(b) A plaid shepherd's cap.
(c) A cowboy hat.
(d) A beret.
4. Where does Gallaher live?
5. What name does Mr. Alleyne call Farrington after Farrington makes a snide remark?
(a) "Foolish waste of space."
(b) "Insubordinate lowlife."
(c) "Impertinent ruffian."
(d) "Abominable, uneducated scum."
6. At the end of "A Painful Case," what does Mr. Duffy hear?
(a) Mrs. Sinico's voice.
(c) Two children playing.
(d) A violin playing Mozart.
7. Which Pope do the men of "Grace" commend as intellectual and highly admirable?
(a) Pope John XXIII.
(b) Pope Leo XIII.
(c) Pope Pius IX.
(d) Pope Paul VI.
8. Where do Mr. Duffy and Mrs. Sinico meet for the last time in "A Painful Case"?
(a) In Mrs. Sinico's front parlor.
(b) At a cakeshop.
(c) In a park.
(d) At a restaurant.
9. In "Ivy Day at the Committee Room", what are the men expecting to arrive at any moment with?
(c) A newspaper.
(d) Election results.
10. Mr. Duffy has a book of whose poetry at one end of his bookshelf?
11. In "Ivy Day in the Committee Room," who recites a poem?
(a) Mr. Hynes.
(b) Mr. O'Connor.
(c) Mr. Fanning.
(d) Mr. Henchy.
12. What does Mr. Duffy do every evening for dessert?
(a) Reads a newspaper.
(b) Drinks a cup of tea.
(c) Eats a piece of pie.
(d) Takes a hot bath.
13. Which drink does Mr. Duggan, the bass player, prefer?
14. What does Mr. Duffy do for a living?
(a) He runs a pub.
(b) He is a bank cashier.
(c) He walks dogs.
(d) He writes poetry.
15. As "Ivy Day in the Committee Room" opens, what is Old Jack using to tend the fire?
(a) A piece of cardboard.
(c) A long stick.
(d) His breath.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much is Miss Kearney supposed to receive for her work with the concerts?
2. According to "A Mother," who is the secretary of the Eire Abu Society?
3. What are all Joe's children wearing?
4. When she was still single, what did Mrs. Kearney do instead of falling in love?
5. What is in the middle of the room in "Ivy Day in the Committee Room"?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)