|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When she was still single, what did Mrs. Kearney do instead of falling in love?
(a) She watched birds.
(b) She stayed at home.
(c) She went dancing.
(d) She ate Turkish Delight.
2. Mr. Duffy has a book of whose poetry at one end of his bookshelf?
3. What is in the middle of the room in "Ivy Day in the Committee Room"?
(a) A small table.
(b) Two large lamps.
(c) A couch.
(d) A chair.
4. According to "A Mother," who is the secretary of the Eire Abu Society?
(a) Mr. Fitzpatrick.
(b) Mr. Fitzgerald.
(c) Mrs. Kearney.
(d) Mr. Hynes.
5. What does Mr. Duffy have for lunch every day?
(a) Ale and a plate of peas.
(b) Tea and scones.
(c) Lager beer and arrowroot biscuits.
(d) Corned beef and cabbage.
6. What is the setting as "Clay" begins?
(a) A church.
(b) An art studio.
(c) A bedroom.
(d) A kitchen.
7. In "Ivy Day at the Committee Room", what are the men expecting to arrive at any moment with?
(a) Election results.
(c) A newspaper.
8. Mr. Alleyne's accent signifies that he comes from where?
(a) New York City.
(b) North of Ireland.
9. What is the nickname that Mr. Holohan has in "A Mother"?
(a) Old Lazy.
(b) Jumping Jack.
(c) Hoppy Holohan.
10. What does Mr. Duffy do for a living?
(a) He runs a pub.
(b) He writes poetry.
(c) He is a bank cashier.
(d) He walks dogs.
11. What is Annie wearing in the photograph Little Chandler sees on the table?
(a) A blue blouse.
(b) Fishing boots.
(c) An aviator's helmet.
(d) A white summer dress.
12. In "A Little Cloud," how long has it been since Little Chandler has seen Gallaher?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Eight years.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Three hours.
13. What does Mrs. Kernan make for her husband in order to nurse him back to health?
(a) Chicken soup.
(d) Beef tea.
14. What gift does Mr. Fogarty bring for Mr. Kernan in "Grace"?
(a) A bottle of whiskey.
(b) A watch fob.
(c) A new hat.
15. What does Mr. Duffy do every evening for dessert?
(a) Reads a newspaper.
(b) Eats a piece of pie.
(c) Takes a hot bath.
(d) Drinks a cup of tea.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much is Miss Kearney supposed to receive for her work with the concerts?
2. For which cause would Gallaher choose to marry?
3. What does the matron in "Clay" call Maria one day?
4. What does Little Chandler have to drink in "A Little Cloud"?
5. Which Pope do the men of "Grace" commend as intellectual and highly admirable?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)