|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is in the middle of the room in "Ivy Day in the Committee Room"?
(a) A chair.
(b) Two large lamps.
(c) A couch.
(d) A small table.
2. What subjects does Mrs. Kearney learn in a convent?
(a) French and Latin.
(b) French and music.
(c) English literature and dancing.
(d) Math and history.
3. Which night does the Committee of "A Mother" plan to present the best concert?
4. What is the setting as "Clay" begins?
(a) An art studio.
(b) A bedroom.
(c) A church.
(d) A kitchen.
5. During what season does "A Little Cloud" take place?
6. According to "A Mother," who is the secretary of the Eire Abu Society?
(a) Mr. Fitzpatrick.
(b) Mr. Fitzgerald.
(c) Mr. Hynes.
(d) Mrs. Kearney.
7. Which scent does the desk in "A Painful Case" NOT contain?
(a) New paper.
(b) A bottle of gum.
8. At the end of "A Painful Case," what does Mr. Duffy hear?
(a) Two children playing.
(b) A violin playing Mozart.
(c) Mrs. Sinico's voice.
9. One of the onlookers in "Grace" admits to having served the protagonist what?
(a) A large plate of fish and chips.
(b) Some painkillers.
(c) A small rum.
(d) A bottle of wine.
10. What does Maria buy as a special gift for Joe and his wife?
(b) Two pairs of fine leather gloves.
(c) Imported cheese.
(d) A box of tea.
11. What is the adjective used in the first paragraph of "A Painful Case" to describe Mr. Duffy's house?
12. Where does Maria work?
(a) In a church.
(b) In a hospital.
(c) In a laundry.
(d) On a sailboat.
13. What is the weather like on Saturday in "A Mother"?
14. How much is Miss Kearney supposed to receive for her work with the concerts?
(a) Eight guineas.
(b) Twenty pence.
(c) Twenty shillings.
(d) Two pounds.
15. When "Ivy Day in the Committee Room" introduces Mr. O'Connor, what is he doing?
(a) Reading a newspaper.
(b) Rolling a cigarette.
(c) Listening to the radio.
(d) Opening a bottle of wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Ivy Day at the Committee Room", what are the men expecting to arrive at any moment with?
2. For which cause would Gallaher choose to marry?
3. What does the matron in "Clay" call Maria one day?
4. What does Mr. Duffy always carry while he walks?
5. In "Clay," when Maria has visitors, what does she give them?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)