|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Duffy always carry while he walks?
(a) A pipe.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) A hazel walking stick.
(d) An umbrella.
2. Of whom does the poem in "Ivy Day in the Committee Room" speak?
(a) King Edward VII.
(b) The Pope.
(c) Father Keon.
3. One of the onlookers in "Grace" admits to having served the protagonist what?
(a) A bottle of wine.
(b) Some painkillers.
(c) A large plate of fish and chips.
(d) A small rum.
4. In "Ivy Day at the Committee Room", what are the men expecting to arrive at any moment with?
(c) Election results.
(d) A newspaper.
5. In what month does "Ivy Day in the Committee Room" take place?
6. Which adjective is used to describe the constable in "Grace"?
7. What does Mr. Duffy do every evening for dessert?
(a) Takes a hot bath.
(b) Reads a newspaper.
(c) Drinks a cup of tea.
(d) Eats a piece of pie.
8. During what season does "A Little Cloud" take place?
9. What is the setting as "Clay" begins?
(a) A church.
(b) A bedroom.
(c) A kitchen.
(d) An art studio.
10. Who serves as the accompanist for the second half of the Saturday concert in "A Mother"?
(a) Miss Kearney.
(b) Mr. Holohan.
(c) Mr. Fitzpatrick.
(d) Miss Healy.
11. For which cause would Gallaher choose to marry?
12. According to "A Mother," who is the secretary of the Eire Abu Society?
(a) Mrs. Kearney.
(b) Mr. Hynes.
(c) Mr. Fitzgerald.
(d) Mr. Fitzpatrick.
13. When "Ivy Day in the Committee Room" introduces Mr. O'Connor, what is he doing?
(a) Rolling a cigarette.
(b) Reading a newspaper.
(c) Listening to the radio.
(d) Opening a bottle of wine.
14. What does Farrington's son offer to do by way of apology for offending Farrington?
(a) Feed the pigs.
(b) Say a Hail Mary.
(c) Rebuild the fire.
(d) Get a job.
15. Where does Mr. Duffy go after hearing of Mrs. Sinico's death?
(b) A church.
(c) To Mrs. Sinico's house.
(d) A pub.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are all Joe's children wearing?
2. How many characters from "Grace" go to church together?
3. What does Mr. Kernan always wear when he is out in the city?
4. What does Little Chandler have to drink in "A Little Cloud"?
5. How does Little Chandler habitually feel?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)