|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When she was still single, what did Mrs. Kearney do instead of falling in love?
(a) She watched birds.
(b) She stayed at home.
(c) She ate Turkish Delight.
(d) She went dancing.
2. Mr. Duffy attends the meetings of which group?
(a) The Irish Socialist Party.
(b) United Catholics of Ireland.
(c) The Communist Party.
(d) National Protestant Alliance.
3. After delivering the object the men of "Ivy Day in the Committee Room" are expecting, what does the servant boy ask for?
(b) A tip.
(c) An apology.
(d) A bite to eat.
4. In what month does "Counterparts" take place?
5. In the first paragraph of "Clay," what is sitting on one of the tables?
(a) A potter's wheel.
(b) A fisherman's cap.
(c) Four barmbracks.
(d) Two silver candlesticks.
6. According to "A Mother," who is the secretary of the Eire Abu Society?
(a) Mr. Hynes.
(b) Mr. Fitzgerald.
(c) Mrs. Kearney.
(d) Mr. Fitzpatrick.
7. What had Annie requested that Little Chandler bring home?
8. Of whom does the poem in "Ivy Day in the Committee Room" speak?
(a) Father Keon.
(b) The Pope.
(c) King Edward VII.
9. Where do Mr. Duffy and Mrs. Sinico meet for the last time in "A Painful Case"?
(a) In a park.
(b) At a cakeshop.
(c) At a restaurant.
(d) In Mrs. Sinico's front parlor.
10. Martin Cunningham's face looks like the face of which person?
11. Where does Mr. Duffy go after hearing of Mrs. Sinico's death?
(a) To Mrs. Sinico's house.
(c) A pub.
(d) A church.
12. How many grown children do Mr. and Mrs. Kernan have?
13. At the end of "Clay," what is Joe unable to find?
(a) A prayer book.
(b) His hat.
(c) A corkscrew.
(d) A nutcracker.
14. What does Mr. Duffy have for lunch every day?
(a) Lager beer and arrowroot biscuits.
(b) Ale and a plate of peas.
(c) Corned beef and cabbage.
(d) Tea and scones.
15. What is the nickname that Mr. Holohan has in "A Mother"?
(a) Old Lazy.
(c) Hoppy Holohan.
(d) Jumping Jack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maria buy as a special gift for Joe and his wife?
2. In "Ivy Day at the Committee Room", what are the men expecting to arrive at any moment with?
3. What city does Gallaher strongly recommend that Little Chandler visit?
4. In "Clay," when Maria has visitors, what does she give them?
5. How does Little Chandler habitually feel?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)