|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to "A Mother," who is the secretary of the Eire Abu Society?
(a) Mr. Fitzgerald.
(b) Mr. Hynes.
(c) Mr. Fitzpatrick.
(d) Mrs. Kearney.
2. What does Farrington, the protagonist of "Counterparts," do for a living?
(a) He bakes bread.
(b) He copies documents by hand.
(c) He washes cars.
(d) He runs a publishing company.
3. Where does Maria work?
(a) On a sailboat.
(b) In a church.
(c) In a hospital.
(d) In a laundry.
4. What does Little Chandler have to drink in "A Little Cloud"?
(c) Whiskey and water.
(d) Red wine.
5. What is in the middle of the room in "Ivy Day in the Committee Room"?
(a) A couch.
(b) A small table.
(c) Two large lamps.
(d) A chair.
6. What city does Gallaher strongly recommend that Little Chandler visit?
7. How much is Miss Kearney supposed to receive for her work with the concerts?
(a) Two pounds.
(b) Twenty pence.
(c) Eight guineas.
(d) Twenty shillings.
8. In what month does "Counterparts" take place?
9. Which Pope do the men of "Grace" commend as intellectual and highly admirable?
(a) Pope Leo XIII.
(b) Pope Pius IX.
(c) Pope John XXIII.
(d) Pope Paul VI.
10. How does Little Chandler attempt to stop the baby's crying?
(a) He recites poetry.
(b) He begins to cry too.
(c) He yells.
(d) He sings a lullabye.
11. How does Little Chandler habitually feel?
12. In "A Little Cloud," where do Little Chandler and Gallaher meet to have a drink?
(a) The Spring Garden.
(c) Sean's Pub.
(d) The King's Inn.
13. Where does Mr. Duffy go after hearing of Mrs. Sinico's death?
(a) To Mrs. Sinico's house.
(c) A pub.
(d) A church.
14. Where do Mr. Duffy and Mrs. Sinico meet for the last time in "A Painful Case"?
(a) In a park.
(b) At a restaurant.
(c) In Mrs. Sinico's front parlor.
(d) At a cakeshop.
15. What does Mr. Duffy do for a living?
(a) He runs a pub.
(b) He writes poetry.
(c) He is a bank cashier.
(d) He walks dogs.
Short Answer Questions
1. After delivering the object the men of "Ivy Day in the Committee Room" are expecting, what does the servant boy ask for?
2. What does Mr. Duffy do every evening for dessert?
3. What does Mr. Kernan always wear when he is out in the city?
4. Which drink does Mr. Duggan, the bass player, prefer?
5. How old is Mrs. Sinico when she dies in "A Painful Case"?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)