|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Mr. Alleyne call Farrington after Farrington makes a snide remark?
(a) "Impertinent ruffian."
(b) "Insubordinate lowlife."
(c) "Foolish waste of space."
(d) "Abominable, uneducated scum."
2. How much money does Farrington have left after his drinking binge?
(a) A sixpence.
(b) A shilling.
(c) A pound.
(d) A twopence.
3. What is the adjective used in the first paragraph of "A Painful Case" to describe Mr. Duffy's house?
4. What is the setting as "Grace" begins?
(a) The seaside.
(b) A restroom.
(c) The courthouse.
(d) The protagonist's home.
5. For which cause would Gallaher choose to marry?
6. In "A Little Cloud," where do Little Chandler and Gallaher meet to have a drink?
(a) The King's Inn.
(b) The Spring Garden.
(d) Sean's Pub.
7. What does Little Chandler have to drink in "A Little Cloud"?
(c) Whiskey and water.
(d) Red wine.
8. To what school does Old Jack send his son?
(b) University of Dublin.
(c) Christian Brothers.
9. What does the man in the cycling suit in "Grace" give the injured man to revive him?
(b) Cough medicine.
(c) Smelling salts.
(d) Castor oil.
10. In "A Little Cloud," how long has it been since Little Chandler has seen Gallaher?
(a) Three hours.
(b) Eight years.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Twenty years.
11. In "Ivy Day at the Committee Room", what are the men expecting to arrive at any moment with?
(b) Election results.
(d) A newspaper.
12. How many characters from "Grace" go to church together?
13. During what season does "A Little Cloud" take place?
14. In "Clay," when Maria has visitors, what does she give them?
(a) Tea and cookies.
(c) Pencils with the name of her company printed on them.
(d) Cuttings from her plants.
15. Where does Joe buy the purse that he gave to Maria?
(d) New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month does "Ivy Day in the Committee Room" take place?
2. In "A Mother," how many concerts does Miss Kearney agree to play?
3. What does the matron in "Clay" call Maria one day?
4. What does Farrington eat after he has his drink?
5. What had Annie requested that Little Chandler bring home?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)