|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Alleyne's head resemble?
(a) An egg.
(b) A wolverine's head.
(c) A basketball.
(d) A mushroom.
2. Where do Mr. Duffy and Mrs. Sinico meet for the last time in "A Painful Case"?
(a) At a restaurant.
(b) At a cakeshop.
(c) In a park.
(d) In Mrs. Sinico's front parlor.
3. What gift does Mr. Fogarty bring for Mr. Kernan in "Grace"?
(b) A watch fob.
(c) A bottle of whiskey.
(d) A new hat.
4. Which Pope do the men of "Grace" commend as intellectual and highly admirable?
(a) Pope Paul VI.
(b) Pope John XXIII.
(c) Pope Leo XIII.
(d) Pope Pius IX.
5. How much money does Farrington have left after his drinking binge?
(a) A pound.
(b) A sixpence.
(c) A shilling.
(d) A twopence.
6. What does Mrs. Kernan make for her husband in order to nurse him back to health?
(a) Beef tea.
(d) Chicken soup.
7. What had Annie requested that Little Chandler bring home?
8. What name does Mr. Alleyne call Farrington after Farrington makes a snide remark?
(a) "Insubordinate lowlife."
(b) "Impertinent ruffian."
(c) "Foolish waste of space."
(d) "Abominable, uneducated scum."
9. When she was still single, what did Mrs. Kearney do instead of falling in love?
(a) She went dancing.
(b) She watched birds.
(c) She ate Turkish Delight.
(d) She stayed at home.
10. Where does Mr. Duffy go after hearing of Mrs. Sinico's death?
(a) A church.
(c) To Mrs. Sinico's house.
(d) A pub.
11. What does Mr. Duffy do for a living?
(a) He runs a pub.
(b) He is a bank cashier.
(c) He writes poetry.
(d) He walks dogs.
12. Who is the king during "Ivy Day in the Committee Room"?
(a) King Charles V.
(b) King James XIII.
(c) King Edward VII.
(d) King Richard IV.
13. What is the setting as "Clay" begins?
(a) A church.
(b) An art studio.
(c) A kitchen.
(d) A bedroom.
14. At the end of "A Painful Case," what does Mr. Duffy hear?
(a) A violin playing Mozart.
(b) Mrs. Sinico's voice.
(c) Two children playing.
15. At the end of "Clay," what is Joe unable to find?
(a) A prayer book.
(b) A corkscrew.
(c) A nutcracker.
(d) His hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the first paragraph of "Clay," what is sitting on one of the tables?
2. What does the man in the cycling suit in "Grace" give the injured man to revive him?
3. What type of hat does Farrington wear while he walks to the pub?
4. What does the matron in "Clay" call Maria one day?
5. What is the weather like on Saturday in "A Mother"?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)