|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who bought the field in which Eveline used to play?
(a) A man from Belfast.
(b) The narrator's neighbor.
(c) A priest.
(d) A man from Edinburgh.
2. In "After the Race," where are the race cars going?
(d) The English Channel.
3. What color is Mr. Doran's beard?
4. Where does the narrator of "Araby" wait every day to see the girl he likes?
(a) At the mailbox.
(b) Behind the big tree on the corner.
(c) At his bedroom window.
(d) In the front parlor.
5. Eveline remembers that one day long ago she and her family had taken a picnic where?
(a) The Hill of Howth.
(b) The wharf in Dublin.
(c) The moors.
(d) The seaside.
6. As Joyce mentions in "The Boarding House," what sits on the mantelpiece?
(a) A portrait of Mrs. Mooney's father.
(b) A clock.
(c) A china plate.
(d) A pearl rosary.
7. What pet name did Frank used to call Eveline?
8. According to "After the Race," where do Segouin and Doyle meet each other?
(b) The wharf.
(c) Dublin University.
9. What coin does the narrator of "Araby" carry with him on his evening out?
(a) A sixpence.
(b) A pound.
(c) A florin.
(d) A shilling.
10. What is the name of the American in "After the Race"?
11. In "An Encounter," what form of discipline for schoolboys who are caught talking to girls does the old man prefer?
12. What was Corley's father by trade?
(a) A professor.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A policeman.
(d) A shopkeeper.
13. Whose picture is above the harmonium in "Eveline"?
(a) The narrator's grandfather.
(b) The narrator's brother.
(c) A priest.
(d) The prime minister.
14. At what time do Corley and Lenehan reunite?
(a) 8:00 PM.
(c) 10:30 PM.
15. In "Araby," who visits the narrator's house for tea?
(a) The doctor.
(b) The priest.
(c) Miss Mangan.
(d) Mrs. Mercer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are driving the blue cars in "After the Race"?
2. What is the name of the shop that the narrator visits in "The Sisters"?
3. In "An Encounter," what do the boys decide to drink when they cannot find a dairy?
4. In what city did the dead man of "The Sisters" complete his education?
5. What did the narrator of "Araby" once find under the bushes in the garden?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)