|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Ivy Day in the Committee Room".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which sport do Farrington and his friends engage in to prove their strength?
(c) Weight lifting.
(d) Arm wrestling.
2. What does Mr. Duffy have for lunch every day?
(a) Lager beer and arrowroot biscuits.
(b) Tea and scones.
(c) Corned beef and cabbage.
(d) Ale and a plate of peas.
3. Who bought the field in which Eveline used to play?
(a) A man from Edinburgh.
(b) The narrator's neighbor.
(c) A priest.
(d) A man from Belfast.
4. The church fathers had written books as large as which book familiar to the narrator of "The Sisters"?
(a) The Oxford English Dictionary.
(b) Post Office Directory.
(c) Les Miserables.
(d) War and Peace.
5. In "Clay," when Maria has visitors, what does she give them?
(a) Cuttings from her plants.
(b) Tea and cookies.
(d) Pencils with the name of her company printed on them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Annie requested that Little Chandler bring home?
2. What does Maria touch when she is playing the game with the blindfold?
3. What do the mourners have to drink after viewing the corpse in "The Sisters"?
4. What food items does Mrs. Mooney lock up after breakfast?
5. What does Eveline hold on to while she makes her decision to stay in Dublin?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)