|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "A Mother".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first paragraph of "Eveline" mentions the smell of which object?
(a) Dusty cretonne.
(b) Rusty cast-iron skillet.
(c) Baking bread.
(d) Lye soap.
2. Who introduced the Wild West to the narrator of "An Encounter"?
(a) Mr. Gardiner.
(b) Father Butler.
(c) Joe Dillon.
(d) The narrator's older brother.
3. What is the weather like on Saturday in "A Mother"?
4. What time is it at the conclusion of "After the Race"?
(b) 3:00 AM.
(c) 1:00 AM.
5. What pet name did Frank used to call Eveline?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Little Cloud," where do Little Chandler and Gallaher meet to have a drink?
2. Mr. Duffy attends the meetings of which group?
3. What does Maria buy as a special gift for Joe and his wife?
4. Eveline remembers that one day long ago she and her family had taken a picnic where?
5. In "Ivy Day at the Committee Room", what are the men expecting to arrive at any moment with?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)