|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "A Mother".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator of "An Encounter" mentions that he prefers which genre of literature to the Wild West stories?
(b) Pulp fiction.
(c) American detective stories.
(d) Stories of battles at sea.
2. Over dinner in "After the Race," Villona discusses the beauty of which type of music?
(a) The English madrigal.
(b) The opera.
(c) The Italian sonata.
(d) Chamber music.
3. How does Little Chandler habitually feel?
4. Of what did the dead man in "The Sisters" die?
(c) Whooping cough.
5. Eveline remembers that one day long ago she and her family had taken a picnic where?
(a) The moors.
(b) The Hill of Howth.
(c) The seaside.
(d) The wharf in Dublin.
Short Answer Questions
1. The first paragraph of "Eveline" mentions the smell of which object?
2. What sound is coming from the street while Eveline muses over her memories?
3. What is the adjective used in the first paragraph of "A Painful Case" to describe Mr. Duffy's house?
4. After delivering the object the men of "Ivy Day in the Committee Room" are expecting, what does the servant boy ask for?
5. Which scent does the desk in "A Painful Case" NOT contain?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)