|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "After the Race".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the dead man in "The Sisters"?
(a) Father Flynn.
(d) Old Cotter.
2. In the first paragraph of "The Sisters," the narrator states that he will know if his friend is dead because he will see what in the window?
(a) A black curtain.
(b) An old woman wearing black.
(c) Two candles.
(d) A ghost.
3. What time is it at the conclusion of "After the Race"?
(c) 3:00 AM.
(d) 1:00 AM.
4. What did Father Butler catch Leo Dillon reading?
(a) The Bloody Saloon.
(b) Standoff at Little Bighorn.
(c) High Noon.
(d) The Apache Chief.
5. On the day the narrator wishes to go to Araby, what time does the narrator's uncle get home?
(a) 11:00 PM.
(b) 11:30 AM.
(c) 9:00 PM.
(d) 2:30 PM.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator of "An Encounter" shouts which name to get his companion's attention so that they can run away from the old man?
2. In "The Sisters," who helped the dead man's sisters deal with the funeral arrangements?
3. What musical instrument does Villona play well?
4. What gift did the narrator's aunt used to give the dead man in "The Sisters"?
5. In "Araby," who visits the narrator's house for tea?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)