|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "After the Race".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who bought the field in which Eveline used to play?
(a) A man from Edinburgh.
(b) The narrator's neighbor.
(c) A man from Belfast.
(d) A priest.
2. What does Eveline hold on to while she makes her decision to stay in Dublin?
(a) Frank's hand.
(b) The iron railing.
(c) Her handbag.
(d) Her hat.
3. In what profession does Doyle's father became wealthy?
4. What sound is coming from the street while Eveline muses over her memories?
(a) A backfiring car.
(b) A street organ.
(c) Two drunk men brawling.
(d) Birds singing.
5. In "An Encounter," where do the boys plan to meet for their day of adventure?
(a) Behind the neighborhood pub.
(b) At Mahony's house.
(c) The Canal Bridge.
(d) In the park next to the school.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Eveline receive for wages each week?
2. On the day the narrator wishes to go to Araby, what time does the narrator's uncle get home?
3. Of what did the dead man in "The Sisters" die?
4. What is the name of the shop that the narrator visits in "The Sisters"?
5. What is Villona's country of origin?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)