|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "After the Race".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the destination of the boys' adventure in "An Encounter"?
(a) The far side of Dublin.
(b) The Pigeon House.
(c) The wharf.
(d) A pub with a Wild West motif.
2. In "The Sisters," Eliza speculates that which object brought about the dead man's demise?
(a) The flask that a friend had given him.
(b) A lost rosary.
(c) A broken chalice.
(d) A tree that was struck by lightning.
3. What sound is coming from the street while Eveline muses over her memories?
(a) Two drunk men brawling.
(b) A street organ.
(c) A backfiring car.
(d) Birds singing.
4. According to "After the Race," where do Segouin and Doyle meet each other?
(c) The wharf.
(d) Dublin University.
5. In "An Encounter," where do the boys plan to meet for their day of adventure?
(a) In the park next to the school.
(b) Behind the neighborhood pub.
(c) At Mahony's house.
(d) The Canal Bridge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the narrator of "Araby" once find under the bushes in the garden?
2. The narrator of "An Encounter" shouts which name to get his companion's attention so that they can run away from the old man?
3. On the day the narrator wishes to go to Araby, what time does the narrator's uncle get home?
4. Who are driving the blue cars in "After the Race"?
5. Who had previously rented a room in the house of the narrator of "Araby"?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)