|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "After the Race".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What coin does the narrator of "Araby" carry with him on his evening out?
(a) A florin.
(b) A pound.
(c) A sixpence.
(d) A shilling.
2. The first paragraph of "Eveline" mentions the smell of which object?
(a) Lye soap.
(b) Dusty cretonne.
(c) Baking bread.
(d) Rusty cast-iron skillet.
3. In "An Encounter," where do the boys plan to meet for their day of adventure?
(a) In the park next to the school.
(b) At Mahony's house.
(c) The Canal Bridge.
(d) Behind the neighborhood pub.
4. In what city did the dead man of "The Sisters" complete his education?
5. In "After the Race", what subject does Segouin introduce over dinner ?
Short Answer Questions
1. What time is it at the conclusion of "After the Race"?
2. Whose picture is above the harmonium in "Eveline"?
3. In "The Sisters," who helped the dead man's sisters deal with the funeral arrangements?
4. What is the name of the American in "After the Race"?
5. On the day the narrator wishes to go to Araby, what time does the narrator's uncle get home?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)