|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Counterparts".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Eveline and Frank plan to live?
(c) Buenos Aires.
2. In "An Encounter," what do the boys decide to drink when they cannot find a dairy?
(a) Raspberry lemonade.
(b) Ginger beer.
3. The narrator of "An Encounter" mentions that he prefers which genre of literature to the Wild West stories?
(a) Stories of battles at sea.
(b) Pulp fiction.
(c) American detective stories.
4. The narrator of "An Encounter" shouts which name to get his companion's attention so that they can run away from the old man?
5. Where does Polly wait for Mr. Doran while he is talking with Mrs. Mooney?
(a) On Mr. Doran's bed.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) On the landing of the stairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month does "Counterparts" take place?
2. What game do the men play at the end of "After the Race"?
3. What object does Mr. Doran polish several times because of his nervousness?
4. What had Polly worked as before doing housekeeping for the boarding house?
5. In "The Boarding House," where is Mrs. Mooney's butcher shop?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)