|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Counterparts".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Eveline's mother?
(a) She is dead.
(b) She is pulling up weeds in the garden.
(c) She is ill.
(d) She is working in a factory.
2. In "An Encounter," where do the boys plan to meet for their day of adventure?
(a) At Mahony's house.
(b) In the park next to the school.
(c) The Canal Bridge.
(d) Behind the neighborhood pub.
3. Where do Eveline and Frank plan to live?
(a) Buenos Aires.
4. The narrator of "An Encounter" mentions that he prefers which genre of literature to the Wild West stories?
(a) Stories of battles at sea.
(b) American detective stories.
(c) Pulp fiction.
5. In "An Encounter," what form of discipline for schoolboys who are caught talking to girls does the old man prefer?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Polly wait for Mr. Doran while he is talking with Mrs. Mooney?
2. Eveline remembers that one day long ago she and her family had taken a picnic where?
3. What pet name did Frank used to call Eveline?
4. What name does Mr. Alleyne call Farrington after Farrington makes a snide remark?
5. Which sport do Farrington and his friends engage in to prove their strength?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)