|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Counterparts".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Boarding House," where does Mr. Doran work?
(a) In the church office.
(b) On the railroad.
(c) In a university.
(d) In a wine merchant's office.
2. The narrator of "An Encounter" mentions that he prefers which genre of literature to the Wild West stories?
(a) Pulp fiction.
(b) Stories of battles at sea.
(d) American detective stories.
3. Who introduced the Wild West to the narrator of "An Encounter"?
(a) Joe Dillon.
(b) Mr. Gardiner.
(c) The narrator's older brother.
(d) Father Butler.
4. The first paragraph of "Eveline" mentions the smell of which object?
(a) Rusty cast-iron skillet.
(b) Lye soap.
(c) Baking bread.
(d) Dusty cretonne.
5. In "An Encounter," what do the boys decide to drink when they cannot find a dairy?
(a) Raspberry lemonade.
(c) Ginger beer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Alleyne's accent signifies that he comes from where?
2. What sound is coming from the street while Eveline muses over her memories?
3. How old is Polly in "The Boarding House"?
4. How much does Eveline receive for wages each week?
5. What pet name did Frank used to call Eveline?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)