|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Counterparts".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound is coming from the street while Eveline muses over her memories?
(a) Two drunk men brawling.
(b) Birds singing.
(c) A street organ.
(d) A backfiring car.
2. Whose picture is above the harmonium in "Eveline"?
(a) The narrator's brother.
(b) A priest.
(c) The narrator's grandfather.
(d) The prime minister.
3. What does Mr. Alleyne's head resemble?
(a) A wolverine's head.
(b) A mushroom.
(c) A basketball.
(d) An egg.
4. In what profession does Doyle's father became wealthy?
5. What name does Mr. Alleyne call Farrington after Farrington makes a snide remark?
(a) "Insubordinate lowlife."
(b) "Foolish waste of space."
(c) "Abominable, uneducated scum."
(d) "Impertinent ruffian."
Short Answer Questions
1. In "An Encounter", what do the two boys eat for lunch?
2. The old man in "An Encounter" says that young boys can't read some of the works by which author?
3. Mr. Alleyne's accent signifies that he comes from where?
4. In "The Boarding House," where is Mrs. Mooney's butcher shop?
5. The narrator of "An Encounter" shouts which name to get his companion's attention so that they can run away from the old man?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)