• Find a website that offers pronunciation for Gaelic phrases.
• Learn a few phrases and practice their pronunciation.
• One of the uniting elements of this book is the characters' consumption of Irish food.
• Bring in some traditional Irish fare, such as corned beef and cabbage or barmbrack, and share it with the class.
Map of Dublin
• Try to find a map of Dublin from the early 20th century that shows some of the streets, neighborhoods, and parks that the book mentions.
• Place a thumbtack wherever you find a name that occurs in Dubliners.
• Arrange the room how you imagine Araby would have looked like.
• Although you may not have all the wares Araby may have carried, designate some students as vendors and some as buyers, and have each group behave as they would have within the story.
• The currency system of the United...
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)