The 20 enjoyable, interactive classroom activities that are included will help your students understand the text in amusing ways. Fun Classroom Activities include group projects, games, critical thinking activities, brainstorming sessions, writing poems, drawing or sketching, and more that will allow your students to interact with each other, be creative, and ultimately grasp key concepts from the text by "doing" rather than simply studying.
1. Gaelic language
* Find a website that offers pronunciation for Gaelic phrases.
* Learn a few phrases and practice their pronunciation.
2. Irish food
* One of the uniting elements of this book is the characters' consumption of Irish food.
* Bring in some traditional Irish fare, such as corned beef and cabbage or barmbrack, and share it with the class.
3. Map of Dublin
* Try to find a map of Dublin from the early 20th century that shows some of the streets, neighborhoods, and parks that the book mentions.
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)