|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10, why does the Nazi prove a bad dinner conversationalist?
(a) He only talks business.
(b) He does not speak English.
(c) He gets drunk quickly.
(d) He is too esoteric.
2. How does Augusten respond to his first physical contact with Foster in Chapter 7?
(a) He leaves the apartment.
(b) He tries to make a joke out of it.
(c) He cries uncontrollably.
(d) He makes love to him.
3. What reminder of Kyle is in Foster's apartment in Chapter 7?
(a) A crack pipe.
(b) Phone messages.
(c) A stuffed animal.
(d) Piles of clothes.
4. What happens when Augusten confronts Foster at the end of Chapter 8?
(a) They sleep together.
(b) Foster punches him.
(c) Augusten cannot do it.
(d) They both get drunk.
5. Why is Pighead in the hospital at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) His hiccups did not go away.
(b) He began to feel faint.
(c) He was coughing up blood.
(d) He fell on the sidewalk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What absent person does Augusten say hello to at the very end of the novel?
2. In Chapter 11, what does Wendy encourage Augusten to do?
3. What news does Foster tell Augusten while having dinner at his house?
4. What do Hayden and Augusten see their last night together?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 8, what term does Augusten use to describe Foster?
Short Essay Questions
1. What miscommunication happens with the minibar in Chapter 10?
2. What news does Hayden give Augusten in Chapter 12?
3. Why is dinner with the Nazi in Chapter 10 nearly unbearable for Augusten?
4. In Chapter 9, how do Augusten and Hayden part ways?
5. Why does Augusten almost relapse at the end of Chapter 9?
6. Describe Augusten and Pighead's interaction at the beginning of Chapter 7.
7. What positive events happen to Augusten in Chapter 9?
8. What do Wendy and Augusten discuss in Chapter 11?
9. In what state is Augusten on the day of Pighead's wake in Chapter 13?
10. Describe the night that Augusten relapses.
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)