|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, when does Pighead fall in love with Augusten?
(a) When Augusten starts drinking heavily.
(b) When he moves away form New York.
(c) When he is diagnosed HIV positive.
(d) When he first meets him.
2. As of Chapter 5, what is the state of the Faberge account?
(a) They are not releasing a new line.
(b) They are still considering Augusten's agency.
(c) They went with another agency.
(d) They are now a signed client.
3. What gifts is Augusten given at his first Affirmations in Chapter 3?
(a) Fashion magazines.
(b) His 24 hour chip.
(d) Stuffed animals.
4. In their one-on-one therapy in Chapter 4, Rae compares Augusten's new life to what?
(a) A football game.
(b) A new house.
(c) A puzzle.
(d) A wildfire.
5. How does Hayden respond to being given the stuffed animals at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) He breaks down crying.
(b) He sits impassively.
(c) He storms out of Affirmations.
(d) He laughs uncontrollably.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what symptom of Pighead's sickness keeps appearing?
2. In Chapter 2, why does Greer order Augusten to order an alcoholic drink at lunch?
3. According to Augusten at the beginning of DRY, he is good at giving clients what?
4. What are Hayden's addictions?
5. What is Kavi addicted to in addition to cocaine?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Jim and how does he know Augusten?
2. What is Augusten's immediate reaction to rehab in Chapter 3?
3. How does Augusten become acclimated to Proud Institute in Chapter 3?
4. Why does Augusten like the Cedar Tavern?
5. What is unusual about Augusten Burroughs' childhood?
6. Why does Augusten take a cab to rehab in Chapter 3?
7. How are Pighead and Augusten unable to connect romantically?
8. How is Greer changing for Augusten in Chapter 6?
9. What temptation does Augusten overcome in Chapter 6, and how?
10. Describe Pighead's relationship with Augusten.
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)