|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Greer suggest she and Augusten take Friday off in Chapter 6?
(a) They are both exhausted.
(b) Elenor has not decided about Augusten yet.
(c) A mutual friend is getting married.
(d) Wirksam Beer has not responded yet.
2. What trace substance does Augusten worry is on his baggage when he is in the airport in Chapter 3?
3. In what state is the Proud Institute located?
4. Who calls Augusten in Chapter 6, asking him to meet up at a bar?
(d) His brother.
5. How old is Augusten at the beginning of DRY?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 2, what does Augusten spray in his mouth to kill the taste of alcohol?
2. Why does Augusten pretend to be asleep on Friday night when Hayden talks to him in Chapter 6?
3. Along with Greer, Elenor, and Rick, who is present at Augusten's professional intervention in Chapter 2?
4. In Chapter 3, Augusten compares Big Bobby to the protagonist of what modern novel?
5. How does Hayden first get in touch with Augusten about getting together in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Augusten meet Foster in Chapter 5?
2. What terrible details of his profession does Jim tell Augusten in Chapter 1?
3. What temptation does Augusten overcome in Chapter 6, and how?
4. How is Greer changing for Augusten in Chapter 6?
5. What post-Proud plan does Rae lay out for Augusten in Chapter 4?
6. How does Augusten become acclimated to Proud Institute in Chapter 3?
7. What is unusual about Augusten Burroughs' childhood?
8. How do the Faberge clients regard Augusten in Chapter 2?
9. Why does Hayden become concerned about Augusten in Chapter 6?
10. In Chapter 5, what has changed in Augusten's office since he left for rehab?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)