|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 2, what does Augusten spray in his mouth to kill the taste of alcohol?
(a) Salad dressing.
2. Until what day is Augusten supposed to count his days?
(a) Day 120.
(b) Day 30.
(c) Day 60.
(d) Day 90.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what example from her own life does Rae use of as a consequence of addiction?
(a) Her abusive relationship.
(b) The loss of her children.
(c) The death of her cat.
(d) Her homelessness.
4. At the gym in Chapter 5, Augusten becomes depressed that others may think that he is what?
(a) A weakling.
(c) An addict.
5. At what museum does Augusten need to meet his Faberge clients in the morning?
(b) The Guggenheim.
(c) The Frick Collection.
(d) The Metropolitan Museum.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, Augusten compares Big Bobby to the protagonist of what modern novel?
2. What gifts is Augusten given at his first Affirmations in Chapter 3?
3. What type of scotch does Augusten prefer in his apartment?
4. Why does Augusten take an exorbitant amount of Benadryl?
5. In Chapter 6, what does Greer feel she is getting second-hand from Augusten?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hayden become concerned about Augusten in Chapter 6?
2. What does Augusten imagine Proud Institute to be as he rides there in Chapter 3?
3. Why does Augusten take a cab to rehab in Chapter 3?
4. What are the rules governing group?
5. What is Rae's story?
6. What terrible details of his profession does Jim tell Augusten in Chapter 1?
7. How does Augusten become acclimated to Proud Institute in Chapter 3?
8. What does Augusten find when he returns to his apartment at the beginning of Chapter 5?
9. How do Hayden and Augusten find each other again in Chapter 6?
10. What is unusual about Augusten Burroughs' childhood?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)