|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What benchmark does Augusten reach in his sobriety in Chapter 7?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 90 days.
(c) 30 days.
(d) 6 months.
2. What bad news does Hayden Call with in Chapter 2?
(a) He has cancer.
(b) He has been fired.
(c) His father is dying.
(d) He has relapsed.
3. In Chapter 13, Greer calls Augusten with news they have to do what?
(a) Run interference on the Wirksam clients.
(b) Pitch a new client.
(c) Recast a print ad.
(d) Re-edit a commercial.
4. In Chapter 11, Foster is staying with Augusten until when?
(a) He gets a job.
(b) He leaves for rehab.
(d) He finds a new apartment.
5. Which of the following characters does Augusten not tell about Foster in Chapter 9?
6. What is Augusten's reaction to smoking crack in Chapter 13?
(a) He thinks it is making him more depressed.
(b) He thinks it is the best feeling ever.
(c) He thinks it is not as good as snorting cocaine.
(d) He thinks it evens him out after drinking.
7. What happens in Chapter 14 that makes Augusten decide to return to rehab?
(a) He forgets where he lives.
(b) He gets mugged while drunk.
(c) He sleeps with a prostitute.
(d) He gets alcohol poisoning.
8. Who shows Augusten how to smoke crack at the beginning of Chapter 14?
9. Why is Pighead in the hospital at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) He was coughing up blood.
(b) He began to feel faint.
(c) His hiccups did not go away.
(d) He fell on the sidewalk.
10. Who is Keith?
(a) JIm's new drinking buddy.
(b) A man Augusten meets in a bar.
(c) The man from HR who fires Augusten.
(d) Pighead's brother.
11. At the beginning of Chapter 10, Greer and Augusten talk about how they hate what?
(a) Being away from home.
(b) Babysitting clients.
(c) Flying coach.
(d) Shooting commercials.
12. Who informs Augusten of Pighead's death in Chapter 13?
(c) Pighead's mother.
(d) A doctor.
13. What item in Chapter 8 does Augusten think Rick has placed in his office?
(a) A large vodka ad.
(b) A bottle of gin.
(c) A large bottle of Valium.
(d) A party supplies catalogue.
14. In Chapter 12, why are the doctors no longer trying to determine what is specifically afflicting Pighead?
(a) He is refusing tests.
(b) His insurance has stopped paying.
(c) His body has begun shutting down.
(d) They are out of tests.
15. In chapter 7, What news does Foster have in Group?
(a) He got a new job.
(b) He kicked Kyle out.
(c) He briefly relapsed.
(d) He is moving in with his parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what does Hayden say nearly triggered a relapse for him?
2. How does Augusten respond to his first physical contact with Foster in Chapter 7?
3. When Augusten visits Pighead at the end of Chapter 11, which of his relatives is there?
4. What items of clothing is Augusten embarrassed to buy in Chapter 8?
5. How long does Augusten drink before going to Pighead's wake?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)