|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reminder of Kyle is in Foster's apartment in Chapter 7?
(a) Phone messages.
(b) A stuffed animal.
(c) A crack pipe.
(d) Piles of clothes.
2. In Chapter 12, why are the doctors no longer trying to determine what is specifically afflicting Pighead?
(a) He is refusing tests.
(b) His insurance has stopped paying.
(c) His body has begun shutting down.
(d) They are out of tests.
3. In Chapter 13, Greer calls Augusten with news they have to do what?
(a) Re-edit a commercial.
(b) Pitch a new client.
(c) Run interference on the Wirksam clients.
(d) Recast a print ad.
4. What is the role of the giant beer cap in the commercial?
(a) A naked woman sits in it.
(b) It is passed around like a beach ball.
(c) It falls from the sky.
(d) An actor tap dances in it.
5. What benchmark does Augusten reach in his sobriety in Chapter 7?
(a) 90 days.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 30 days.
(d) 1 year.
6. In Chapter 11, Foster is staying with Augusten until when?
(a) He leaves for rehab.
(c) He finds a new apartment.
(d) He gets a job.
7. What is Augusten most afraid of regarding Pighead?
(a) Losing him.
(b) Catching something from him.
(c) Falling back in love with him.
(d) Admitting his feelings to him.
8. Where do Augusten and Greer shoot the beer commercial in Chapter 10?
(b) New York.
9. What offer does Augusten make to the ailing Pighead in the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) To call his family.
(b) To take care of Virgil.
(c) To come over.
(d) To bring his stuff to the hospital.
10. What item in Chapter 8 does Augusten think Rick has placed in his office?
(a) A party supplies catalogue.
(b) A large bottle of Valium.
(c) A large vodka ad.
(d) A bottle of gin.
11. How close to taking a drink does Hayden get in Chapter 9?
(a) He nearly walked into a bar.
(b) He bought a pint of vodka.
(c) He bought a bottle of mouthwash.
(d) He ordered one at a bar.
12. How long does Augusten drink before going to Pighead's wake?
(a) 2 hours.
(b) 12 hours.
(c) 30 hours.
(d) 24 hours.
13. What did Hayden do instead of drinking in Chapter 9?
(a) He called his sponsor.
(b) He sat in a park.
(c) He went to a meeting.
(d) He went to sleep.
14. Why does an actress pass out on the commercial set?
(a) She overheats in her costume.
(b) She is high.
(c) She has an eating disorder.
(d) She is underslept.
15. Whom does Augusten think of in Chapter 7, as he watches Foster on the phone?
(a) Neil Bookman.
(c) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens in Chapter 14 that makes Augusten decide to return to rehab?
2. What bad news does Hayden Call with in Chapter 2?
3. What does Augusten do after talking to Pighead's brother on the phone in Chapter 13?
4. In Chapter 14, why is Augusten amazed by the crack addicts he meets?
5. What happens when Augusten confronts Foster at the end of Chapter 8?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)