|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What personal news does Hayden give Augusten in Chapter 9?
(a) He is in love with him.
(b) He has met someone.
(c) He is going back to England.
(d) He got a job at a Brooklyn music studio.
2. In Chapter 8, what does Pighead say he wishes he could change in his life?
(a) Refusing to meet Augusten for dinner.
(b) Never moving to New York.
(c) Never having unprotected sex.
(d) Realizing earlier how much he loved Augusten.
3. Why does an actress pass out on the commercial set?
(a) She overheats in her costume.
(b) She has an eating disorder.
(c) She is underslept.
(d) She is high.
4. Augusten's counselors recommend he not start a relationship for how long?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 6 months.
5. What does Foster ostensibly invite Augusten over to his apartment for in Chapter 7?
(a) Iced coffee.
(d) To borrow a book.
6. In Chapter 14, why is Augusten amazed by the crack addicts he meets?
(a) They live in a very nice apartment.
(b) They are all depressed and suicidal.
(c) They seem normal.
(d) They look like skeletons.
7. Why is Pighead in the hospital at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) He was coughing up blood.
(b) He began to feel faint.
(c) He fell on the sidewalk.
(d) His hiccups did not go away.
8. Whom does Augusten think of in Chapter 7, as he watches Foster on the phone?
(b) His father.
(c) Neil Bookman.
9. How much is Augusten charged for room incidentals in Chapter 10?
(a) 300 dollars.
(b) 1,600 dollars.
(c) 850 dollars.
(d) 150 dollars.
10. Who is Keith?
(a) Pighead's brother.
(b) The man from HR who fires Augusten.
(c) A man Augusten meets in a bar.
(d) JIm's new drinking buddy.
11. What happens in Chapter 14 that makes Augusten decide to return to rehab?
(a) He gets alcohol poisoning.
(b) He forgets where he lives.
(c) He sleeps with a prostitute.
(d) He gets mugged while drunk.
12. At the beginning of Chapter 11, what disturbs Augusten most about Pighead's appearance?
(a) He is confined to a hospital bed.
(b) His whole body quakes when he hiccups.
(c) He cannot move his legs.
(d) He has a yellowish complexion.
13. In Chapter 9, Augusten realizes he bought what when he was drunk?
14. How long does Augusten drink before going to Pighead's wake?
(a) 12 hours.
(b) 30 hours.
(c) 24 hours.
(d) 2 hours.
15. What offer does Augusten make to the ailing Pighead in the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) To take care of Virgil.
(b) To come over.
(c) To call his family.
(d) To bring his stuff to the hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 8, what term does Augusten use to describe Foster?
2. When Augusten visits Pighead at the end of Chapter 11, which of his relatives is there?
3. In Chapter 8, to what state does Augusten travel with Foster.
4. Who shows Augusten how to smoke crack at the beginning of Chapter 14?
5. What does PIghead write to Augusten on a Post-it note in Chapter 11?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)