|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Augusten call immediately before going to sleep at the end of Chapter 2?
(c) His brother.
(d) His father.
2. In Chapter 5, what drink does Augusten joke to Pighead is not really alcohol?
(c) Bud Light.
(d) Southern Comfort.
3. In his fantasy of what the Institute will look like, what clinical allowance does Augusten make in Chapter 3?
(a) Rough sheets.
(b) Bleach smell.
(c) Tile floors.
(d) White walls.
4. What consequence of addiction does Augusten talk about in Chapter 4?
(a) His imperiled job.
(b) His failing friendships.
(c) His dirty apartment.
(d) His relationship with his father.
5. How does Hayden first get in touch with Augusten about getting together in Chapter 6?
(a) He shows up at Augusten's door.
(b) He calls from rehab.
(c) He shows up at Augusten's work.
(d) He calls from Port Authority.
6. In chapter 4, what personal reaction to reading his letter in group surprises Augusten?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He cannot speak.
(c) His shaking stops.
(d) He cries.
7. Why does Greer become angry at Augusten at the meeting?
(a) He smells of alcohol.
(b) He does not introduce himself to the new client.
(c) His fly is unzipped.
(d) He is late for the meeting.
8. Along with Greer, Elenor, and Rick, who is present at Augusten's professional intervention in Chapter 2?
(a) A priest.
(b) A Faberge client.
(c) An HR rep.
(d) A psychiatrist.
9. In Chapter 6, what favor does Augusten do for Pighead?
(a) He walks his dog.
(b) He calls his oncologist.
(c) He picks up his groceries.
(d) He cleans his house.
10. According to Augusten at the beginning of DRY, he is good at giving clients what?
(a) A reason to return.
(b) False expectations.
(d) Exactly what they want.
11. What is Brian's profession?
(c) Football player.
12. What type of accent did Augusten attempt when first speaking to Pighead on the phone?
13. What immediate proof of Augusten's drinking problem does Elenor offer in Chapter 2?
(a) They found a bottle in his desk.
(b) He smells of alcohol.
(c) He has three DUI charges.
(d) He vomited before the meeting.
14. What feature on a man attracts Augusten, according to what he tells Foster in Chapter 6?
(a) A prominent brow.
(b) Furry arms.
(c) A widow's peak.
(d) Strong arms.
15. How does Jim describe Augusten's work in Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Augusten in Chapter 6, asking him to meet up at a bar?
2. In what state is the Proud Institute located?
3. How much scotch does Augusten drink when he gets back to his apartment in Chapter 2?
4. In Chapter 6, what does Greer feel she is getting second-hand from Augusten?
5. How long must Augusten attend AA meetings after leaving Proud Institute?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)