|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what Manhattan neighborhood did Augusten live when he first moved to New York City?
(a) Upper West Side.
(c) West Village.
(d) Battery Park City.
2. With what statement does everyone have to answer his/her affirmation?
(b) I am an alchoholic.
(c) I am somebody.
(d) So work it.
3. What is Brian's profession?
(b) Football player.
4. Where is Pighead calling from at the end of Chapter 6?
(b) A Starbucks.
(c) His apartment.
(d) The hospital.
5. In Chapter 2, how do the Faberge clients react to Greer and Augusten drinking at lunch?
(a) They order beers.
(b) They whisper amongst themselves.
(c) They walk out.
(d) They laugh and order sodas.
6. In Chapter 6, what caveat does Augusten's therapy group make regarding its approval of Hayden staying with Augusten?
(a) They should be in constant contact with their sponsors.
(b) They should only eat out.
(c) They should attend different AA meetings.
(d) They should set boundaries.
7. In Chapter 1, why does Augusten say he prefers the gin martinis in Cedar Tavern?
(a) They use extra olive brine.
(b) They chill the glasses.
(c) They use small olives.
(d) They use top shelf gin.
8. How does Hayden first get in touch with Augusten about getting together in Chapter 6?
(a) He calls from Port Authority.
(b) He calls from rehab.
(c) He shows up at Augusten's door.
(d) He shows up at Augusten's work.
9. What consequence of addiction does Augusten talk about in Chapter 4?
(a) His dirty apartment.
(b) His imperiled job.
(c) His failing friendships.
(d) His relationship with his father.
10. How many beds are in every room in Proud Institute?
11. How old is Augusten at the beginning of DRY?
12. What personal improvement does Augusten look forward to as he flies to Proud Institute in Chapter 3?
(a) Waking up without hangovers.
(b) Getting a tan.
(c) Losing his gut.
(d) Improving his sexual stamina.
13. What concern about Wendy's credentials does Augusten have when he meets her in Chapter 5?
(a) She went to a correspondence school.
(b) She is from the South.
(c) She is too young.
(d) She is not an alcoholic.
14. With whom did Augusten's mother leave him at age thirteen?
(a) Her father.
(b) A social worker.
(c) Her psychiatrist.
(d) His best friend's family.
15. Who calls Augusten in Chapter 6, asking him to meet up at a bar?
(d) His brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What medical condition does Pighead have?
2. At what museum does Augusten need to meet his Faberge clients in the morning?
3. What type of print on Rae's dress does Augusten fixate on in Chapter 4?
4. Which of the following characters has not left a message on Augusten's machine in Chapter 5?
5. What issue is Foster having with his boyfriend when he appears at the end of Chapter 5?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)