|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is present at this party among the other dignified guests?
2. How does the slave become injured in the hours before his judgment is to be carried out?
3. How was Gavin killed?
4. What did Claire see in the future that makes her afraid for Jamie's life in the past?
5. Who is Brianna Randall?
Short Essay Questions
1. What animal does Jamie face and kill in the mountains? To what friendship does this lead?
2. What does Claire find when she falls off a cliff? What is significant about this find?
3. Why does Jamie decide to go hunting alone in the mountains?
4. Why is Claire worried about Jamie's determination to remain on the mountain through winter?
5. What does Brianna send to Roger that convinces him she is saying goodbye?
6. What causes Jamie and Claire to have to spend the night alone in the open on a winter night?
7. Who comes to visit Jamie at Fraser's Ridge? What is significant about the child this visitor brings with him?
8. For what reason does Roger decide to take Brianna to Christmas Eve services at the Catholic Church?
9. Why does Claire dislike Jamie's friend, Lord John Grey?
10. What crime do Jamie and Claire come across while talking over their future prospects during a walk at the mills?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss irony. Define irony. How many examples of irony are present in this novel? What makes an event ironic? Is Jamie's decision to help Stephen Bonnet ironic? For what reason? List other examples of irony and what makes them ironic.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss one of the following themes in detail:
4) Time Travel.
Essay Topic 3
Who is Roger Wakefield? What role does he play in Brianna's life? How is Roger related to Jamie Fraser and his family? How does Roger save his own great grandmother six times removed? Why? Was this intentional? Could this change Roger's life in the 1970s? Why does Roger follow Brianna to the 1770s? How doe he follow her? What knowledge does Roger's relative, Fiona, have that helps him? What happens to Roger when he arrives in the past?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)