|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Nacognaweto?
2. Who is Mueller?
3. Who do Jamie, Claire and Fergus run into while in South Carolina?
4. What is given to Claire from this deceased person in Chapter 27?
5. To what celebration does Roger take Brianna during his visit to Boston?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Claire and Jamie looking for as they separate from their friends in the mountains?
2. Who boards the boat Sally Ann and robs the passengers?
3. Why do Jamie and his group board the boat Sally Ann?
4. Why does Claire dislike Jamie's friend, Lord John Grey?
5. Who killed the Tuscarora shaman and why?
6. Why have Jamie and Claire come to witness a hanging?
7. For what reason do Jamie and Claire decide to leave River Run?
8. The narration moves to 1969 where Brianna Randall currently lives. How is Brianna Randall related to Jamie and Claire?
9. What is the circle of stones?
10. Who comes to visit Jamie at Fraser's Ridge? What is significant about the child this visitor brings with him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss one of the following character traits as it relates to all the main characters:
2) Growth or lack thereof
3) Traits, such as selfishness, selflessness, compassion.
Essay Topic 2
Who is Brianna Randall? What time period does Brianna live in? Where are her parents? What was Brianna's childhood like? Where was Brianna conceived? How did Brianna's stepfather treat her? Why? Why does attending a Celtic festival upset Brianna? What are her ethnic roots? How does Brianna feel about Roger? How does the reader know the depth of Brianna's feelings? Why does Brianna refuse to marry Roger?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Dr. Abernathy? What is his role in the novel? How is he related to Brianna? What does Dr. Abernathy represent to Brianna? What was Dr. Abernathy's relationship to Claire? Does Dr. Abernathy know about Claire's time travel? How does Dr. Abernathy help or hinder Brianna in this novel?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)