|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens between Brianna and Roger when he catches up to her in Chapter 40?
(a) They argue.
(b) All of the above.
(c) They talk.
(d) They make love.
2. What does Brianna see on the hand of a stranger in Chapter 41?
(a) Her mother's wedding ring to Frank Randall.
(b) Her mother's wedding ring to Jamie Fraser.
(c) Her mother's engagment ring.
(d) Her mother's gems.
3. Why does Alexandre tell Roger he could not baptize his own child in Chapter 55?
(a) The child is a sinner.
(b) The child is not his.
(c) The child is deformed.
(d) The child is an abomination in the Catholic Church.
4. What do Brianna and Jamie argue about in Chapter 49?
(a) Brianna's decision to come to 1769.
(b) Brianna's love for her stepfather.
(c) Brianna's love for Roger.
(d) Brianna's rapist.
5. Who joins Alexandre in his execution in Chapter 60?
(b) His child.
(c) His lover.
6. What had Roger stolen from Stephen Bonnet that he hopes to return to Claire in Chapter 46?
(a) Her wedding ring.
(b) Her gems.
(c) Her portrait.
(d) Her anniversary gift.
7. Why does Brianna need to buy a servant in Chapter 35?
(a) To provide a chaperon for dates.
(b) To care for her personal needs.
(c) To help her find Jamie.
(d) To aid her in her journey to America.
8. Why does Jocasta attempt to play matchmaker for Brianna in Chapter 56?
(a) To make her great-neice happy.
(b) To make Brianna and her husband her heirs.
(c) To to hide the baby's illigitimacy.
(d) To give the baby a father.
9. What name does Brianna choose to call her biological father in Chapter 42?
10. Who tells Roger about Brianna's pregnancy in Chapter 60?
11. Who is Alexandre?
(a) A priest who has had an affair with an Indian squaw.
(b) A preacher who is wanted for murder.
(c) A preacher who lost his convictions.
(d) A priest who failed to convert any Indians.
12. Who has asked Jocasta to marry him in Chapter 71?
(a) Froquard Campbell.
(b) Duncan Innes.
(c) Lord John Grey.
(d) John Quincy Meyers.
13. What is the name of the ship Brianna sails on in Chapter 34?
(a) Sally Anne.
(c) Philip Alonzo.
14. Where does Roger decide to live in Chapter 71?
(a) River Run.
(c) The house Jamie is building for Claire.
(d) The house Jamie is building for Brianna.
15. Who attacks Lord John Grey out of revenge for a dead slave in Chapter 62?
(c) Roger Wakefield.
(d) Sergeant Murchison.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pollyanne blame for the botched abortion and deaths at River Run?
2. What does Lizzie tell Jamie Roger did to Brianna in Wilmington?
3. Who is the captain of the Gloriana?
4. What does the captain order to be done with the sick passengers in Chapter 38?
5. Against whom does Roger pledge revenge when he regains consciousness in Chapter 51?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)