|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Claire and Jamie go for a walk among the mills in Chapter 13?
(a) To visit their new business.
(b) To discuss going forward in time.
(c) To decide their future.
(d) To be alone.
2. Why does Brianna believe she hears the stones?
3. Why does Roger believe he hears the circle of stones?
4. How many of the Indians have died from the measles when Jamie reaches the village in Chapter 28?
(b) Three quarters.
(c) Only one or two.
(d) A third.
5. What happens the first time Roger tries to go through the stones in Chapter 32?
(a) It works.
(b) He goes to the wrong time.
(c) He sees his cousin.
(d) He nearly dies.
6. Who created Roger's family tree?
(d) The reverend.
7. Who did Roger make the promise to that he would protect Brianna?
(a) The reverend.
8. What is Jocasta's physical disability?
(c) Missing an arm.
(d) Missing a leg.
9. What do Claire and Jamie find as they walk through the mills in Chapter 13?
(a) The victim of a homicide.
(b) The victim of hostile Indians.
(c) The victim of a botched abortion.
(d) The victim of a rape.
10. What illness suddenly begins making an appearance in Fraser's Ridge?
11. In what time period does Brianna live?
12. What item does Jamie give to Claire for their twenty-fourth wedding anniversary?
(a) A fur coat.
(b) A diamond necklace.
(c) A diamond ring.
(d) A medical kit.
13. What does Fiona believe protects the travelers as they pass through the circle of stones?
(c) Special jewelry.
14. Who is Nacognaweto?
(a) The chief of the Mohawk Indians.
(b) An Indian hunter.
(c) An Indian brave.
(d) The chief of the local Tuscarora Indians.
15. Why is Claire concerned about staying in her new home over the winter in Chapter 19?
(a) She dislikes her new home.
(b) She is concerned they will not have shelter and supplies enough to survive.
(c) She fear the wild animals.
(d) She fears illness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What family name does Brianna find herself encountering all day at the celebration Roger takes her to in Boston?
2. How does Roger use Gillian's diary to help him in Chapter 31?
3. How long has Brianna's mother been missing?
4. What does Jamie do to this creature that poses a threat to him and Claire in Chapter 15?
5. What have the Indians done with their dead in Chapter 28?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)