|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Jamie and Claire separate from the rest of the group in Chapter 15?
(a) To find a place to build a home.
(b) To find some food.
(c) To make some money.
(d) To visit some friends.
2. What city in South Carolina do Jamie, Claire and Fergus come to in Chapter 1?
(c) Mount Pleasant.
3. Who is Mueller?
(a) The doctore from the local village.
(b) The preacher from the Lutheran church in Salem.
(c) Jamie's cousin.
(d) The man who killed an Indian in revenge for the death by measles of his wife and child.
4. What happens after Brianna refuses to marry Roger?
(a) They pretend he never asked.
(b) They kiss and make up.
(c) They never speak again.
(d) They argue.
5. Who is Pollyanne?
(a) A victim of domestic abuse.
(b) The slave Jocasta gave to Jamie.
(c) An escaped criminal.
(d) The accused abortionist.
6. Who created Roger's family tree?
(a) The reverend.
7. Why do Claire and Jamie go for a walk among the mills in Chapter 13?
(a) To be alone.
(b) To discuss going forward in time.
(c) To decide their future.
(d) To visit their new business.
8. What do Claire and Jamie find as they walk through the mills in Chapter 13?
(a) The victim of a rape.
(b) The victim of hostile Indians.
(c) The victim of a botched abortion.
(d) The victim of a homicide.
9. Why does Brianna believe she hears the stones?
10. Who sends supplies to Claire and Jamie in Chapter 19, suggesting this person accepts their new living arrangements?
11. Who robs all the passengers of the Sally Ann?
(b) John Grey.
(c) Duncan Innes.
(d) Stephen Bonnet.
12. Who do Jamie, Claire and Fergus run into while in South Carolina?
(a) Ian and Jocasta.
(b) Duncan Innes and Ian.
(c) Stephen Bonnet and Ian.
(d) Ian and Jenny.
13. In what time period does Brianna live?
14. In what city does Jamie learn of Hector Cameron's death?
(c) St. Louis.
15. Who is Jocasta Cameron?
(a) The wife of Jamie's nephew.
(b) The sister of Jamie's mother.
(c) The wife of Jamie's uncle.
(d) The cousin of Jamie's aunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Nacognaweto?
2. What does Claire find when she falls off a cliff in Chapter 23?
3. What item does Stephen Bonnet take from Claire?
4. Why does Roger think Brianna is obsessed with learning about her father?
5. Why does Jamie decide to build a home in the mountains in Chapter 16?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)