|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Roger and Brianna cleaning out the library in the Reverend's house?
(a) To help the Reverend out.
(b) To find information on Jamie.
(c) To find Roger's family tree.
(d) To prepare it for Fiona.
2. Why does Brianna refuse to accept Roger's proposal in Chapter 18?
(a) There are too many good party years ahead of her.
(b) She dislikes him.
(c) She has not desire to ever marry.
(d) There are too many unanswered questions in her life.
3. Why does Jamie decide to build a home in the mountains in Chapter 16?
(a) To Claire stability.
(b) To build a Scottish community.
(c) To create a stability in their lives.
(d) To provide for his children.
4. Who comes to visit Jamie and Claire in Chapter 24?
(a) Lord John Grey.
(b) John Quincy Meyers.
(c) Duncan Innes.
(d) Sergeant Murchison.
5. What danger catches Jamie nearly unawares in Chapter 15?
(a) A poisonous snake.
(b) A tiger.
(c) A bear.
(d) A lion.
6. Where have the Indians decided to go in Chapter 28?
(a) East to join the Mohawk.
(b) West to find a less populated area.
(c) South to find a better hunting area.
(d) North to join another tribe.
7. What is given to Claire from this deceased person in Chapter 27?
(a) A medicine pouch.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A picture.
(d) A wedding ring.
8. Who lives in Iverness, Scotland?
(a) Roger's adoptive father.
(b) Dr. Abernathy.
(c) John Grey.
9. What happens the first time Roger tries to go through the stones in Chapter 32?
(a) He sees his cousin.
(b) He goes to the wrong time.
(c) He nearly dies.
(d) It works.
10. Where are Jamie and his group taking Pollyanne in Chapter 14?
(a) To live with the Indians.
(b) To live with a settlement of Scots in the mountains.
(c) To live with abolishonists in South Carolina.
(d) To live with a relative.
11. Why did Brianna send Roger a package at Oxford during the summer term in Chapter 30?
(a) So he would get it immediately.
(b) So he could share it with his colleagues.
(c) So he would not get it right away.
(d) So he could use it in his work.
12. Why do Claire and Jamie go for a walk among the mills in Chapter 13?
(a) To discuss going forward in time.
(b) To visit their new business.
(c) To be alone.
(d) To decide their future.
13. What is Fraser's Ridge?
(a) The community Jamie has created.
(b) The community Roger created.
(c) Jamie's home in Scotland.
(d) Brianna's home in Boston.
14. How long has Brianna's mother been missing?
(a) A day.
(b) A century.
(c) A month.
(d) A year.
15. Why does Jamie send Duncan to Mount Helicon?
(a) To recruit Scots to live in his new community.
(b) To recruit a doctor.
(c) To visit with Jocasta.
(d) To prepare the following year's festival.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Gillian written about in her diary?
2. What does Roger believe the package Brianna sent him in Chapter 30 is supposed to mean?
3. Who finds Jamie first in Chapter 21?
4. Who is Stephen Bonnet?
5. What is the punishment when a black man draws blood on a white man?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)