|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the green of a strawberry plant represent in Scottish lore?
2. What have the Indians done with their dead in Chapter 28?
(a) Given them to the white man.
(b) Buried them.
(c) Burned them.
(d) Abandoned them.
3. Why does Jamie decide to go to the Indian village with William in Chapter 26?
(a) To ask the Indians about their dead companion.
(b) To get some supplies.
(c) To show William the village.
(d) To get help with the sick.
4. Who created Roger's family tree?
(c) The reverend.
5. Who comes to Claire's rescue in Chapter 23 when she falls off a cliff?
(a) Rollo and Jamie.
(b) Rollo and Ian.
(c) Rollo, Ian and Jamie.
(d) Fergus and Ian.
6. Who is Stephen Bonnet?
(a) An escaped criminal.
(b) A friend of Jamie's.
(c) A government official.
(d) A police official.
7. Who is Pollyanne?
(a) A victim of domestic abuse.
(b) The slave Jocasta gave to Jamie.
(c) An escaped criminal.
(d) The accused abortionist.
8. What did Claire see in the future that makes her afraid for Jamie's life in the past?
(a) His autopsy report.
(b) His obituary.
(c) His tombstone.
(d) His death certificate.
9. What is River Run?
(a) Cameron's plantation.
(b) Cameron's oil business.
(c) Cameron's cattle ranch.
(d) Cameron's hometown.
10. Who did Roger make the promise to that he would protect Brianna?
(c) The reverend.
11. What does River Run manufacture?
(a) Soy beans.
12. What is Mount Helicon?
(a) The site of a Scottish community.
(b) The site of a Scottish pre-harvest gathering.
(c) The site of a religious artifact.
(d) The site of a massive farmer's market.
13. What is unusual about Jamie and Claire's possessions?
(a) They own nothing.
(b) They own expensive clothes.
(c) They own a large number of gems.
(d) They own several slaves.
14. Who is Gavin Hayes?
(a) Jamie's brother.
(b) Claire's cousin.
(c) Claire's ex-husband.
(d) A friend of Jamie's.
15. Who is Geillis Duncan?
(a) A distant relative of Roger's.
(b) A sister of Jamie's.
(c) A cousin of Brianna's.
(d) A friend of Fiona's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness suddenly begins making an appearance in Fraser's Ridge?
2. What family name does Brianna find herself encountering all day at the celebration Roger takes her to in Boston?
3. Why is Claire concerned about staying in her new home over the winter in Chapter 19?
4. What is a shaman?
5. What is Fiona's connection to the circle of stones?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)