|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Eight, Beaucoup, Chapter Thirty-Seven, Gloriana, Chapter Thirty-Eight, For those in Peril on the Sea, Chapter Thirty-Nine, A Gambling Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What deal does the captain of the Gloriana make with Roger in Chapter 39 in a deal to save the baby's life?
(a) Roger should marry the baby's mother.
(b) They should gamble for both the baby and Roger's life.
(c) Roger should pledge his employ on the ship for five years to save the baby.
(d) Roger should pay the captain for the baby's life.
2. What injury does Jamie suffer in Chapter 21?
(a) A broken arm.
(b) A back injury.
(c) A broken ankle.
(d) A gunshot wound.
3. Who does Jamie dream of while he is waiting for discovery after his injury in Chapter 21?
4. Why does Jamie send Duncan to Mount Helicon?
(a) To recruit Scots to live in his new community.
(b) To prepare the following year's festival.
(c) To recruit a doctor.
(d) To visit with Jocasta.
5. What does the red of a strawberry represent in Scottish lore?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is present at this party among the other dignified guests?
2. Who contracts the measles as Claire's first patient dies in Chapter 26?
3. Who sends supplies to Claire and Jamie in Chapter 19, suggesting this person accepts their new living arrangements?
4. What does the shaman show Claire to help her in her future endeavors in Chapter 20?
5. Where are Jamie and his group taking Pollyanne in Chapter 14?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)