|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Eight, Beaucoup, Chapter Thirty-Seven, Gloriana, Chapter Thirty-Eight, For those in Peril on the Sea, Chapter Thirty-Nine, A Gambling Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mueller?
(a) The preacher from the Lutheran church in Salem.
(b) The man who killed an Indian in revenge for the death by measles of his wife and child.
(c) Jamie's cousin.
(d) The doctore from the local village.
2. What does the shaman show Claire to help her in her future endeavors in Chapter 20?
(a) Healing roots and herbs in the surrounding forrest.
(b) Healing medications she can make in her kitchen.
(c) How to check the health of an unborn baby.
(d) How to sew up wounds.
3. What does Jamie do to this creature that poses a threat to him and Claire in Chapter 15?
(a) Befriends it.
(b) Kills it.
(c) Eats it.
(d) Leads it off a cliff.
4. Why are the passengers on the Gloriana forced below decks for three days in Chapter 38?
(a) A bad storm.
(c) To hide them from the coast guard.
(d) Lack of water.
5. Who is Pollyanne?
(a) A victim of domestic abuse.
(b) The slave Jocasta gave to Jamie.
(c) The accused abortionist.
(d) An escaped criminal.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jamie's group make money with their gems?
2. What deal does the captain of the Gloriana make with Roger in Chapter 39 in a deal to save the baby's life?
3. Why does Jamie send Duncan to Mount Helicon?
4. What does the red of a strawberry represent in Scottish lore?
5. What does the green of a strawberry plant represent in Scottish lore?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)