|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Ten, Impaired Relations, Chapter Forty-Six, Comes a Stranger, Chapter Forty-Seven, A Father's Song, Chapter Forty-Eight, Away in a Manger, Chapter Forty-Nine, Choices, Chapter Fifty, In Which all is Revealed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Roger use Gillian's diary to help him in Chapter 31?
(a) Roger uses Gillian's research to figure out how to make the stones work.
(b) Roger reads about Claire's experience and hopes to duplicate it.
(c) Roger uses Gillian's adventures to help him understand the landscape of 1771.
(d) Roger uses the names of Gillian's ancestors to know who to trust in the past.
2. What do the white flowers of strawberries represent in Scottish lore?
3. Where are Jamie and his group taking Pollyanne in Chapter 14?
(a) To live with a relative.
(b) To live with a settlement of Scots in the mountains.
(c) To live with abolishonists in South Carolina.
(d) To live with the Indians.
4. What do Brianna and Jamie argue about in Chapter 49?
(a) Brianna's decision to come to 1769.
(b) Brianna's love for her stepfather.
(c) Brianna's rapist.
(d) Brianna's love for Roger.
5. What does Jamie do to this creature that poses a threat to him and Claire in Chapter 15?
(a) Kills it.
(b) Eats it.
(c) Leads it off a cliff.
(d) Befriends it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roger believe the package Brianna sent him in Chapter 30 is supposed to mean?
2. What ceremony does Gillian believe must be performed to protect travelers as they go through the circle of stones?
3. What item from Brianna does Roger receive in Chapter 30?
4. Who does Roger meet in the forest as he approaches Fraser's Ridge in Chapter 46?
5. Who is Gillian or Geillis Edgar?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)