|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose influence does Ruth want to be free of?
2. Ruth suggests that she and Amanda go to ___________________ in Part 2, Chapter 19?
(b) Los Angeles.
3. What washes ashore in Part 2, Chapter 20?
(a) Mathilda's body.
(b) A pill box.
(c) A news clipping.
(d) Clement's body.
4. Who panics when Amanda goes into labor?
5. What does Ruth notice when arriving home in Part 2, Chapter 15?
(a) A boat on the lake.
(b) Carl is missing.
(c) Clement is missing.
(d) A car at her house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Amanda takes a rowboat to go and see _____________.
2. What happens to the letter that Imogene takes to Arthur?
3. With whom does Imogene return to the island?
4. What does Imogene lose faith in?
5. Who delivers a letter to Mathilda in Part 2, Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Amanda's trip to Clements.
2. What happens when Amanda goes into labor?
3. What happens during Arthur and Ruth's time spent together in Part 2, Chapter 15?
4. Discuss the relationship between Imogene, Arthur, and Ruth.
5. Discuss the plan Mathilda concocts involving Amanda and her pregnancy.
6. What happens at the new dance pavilion?
7. Describe the letter that Ruth writes to Imogene.
8. Discuss Carl's trip to Clement's carriage house.
9. What happens after Imogene returns home after being away in Chicago?
10. Why doesn't Ruth go to Chicago with Imogene as planned?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)