|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Louisa?
(a) Imogene's friend.
(b) Amanda's friend.
(c) Ruth's daughter.
(d) Imogene's daughter.
2. Who is nonchalant about the disappearance that occurs in Part 2, Chapter 18?
(d) Sheriff Kuhtz.
3. Where do Ruth and Imogene agree to meet in Part 2, Chapter 19?
(a) The train station.
(b) The Post Office.
(c) In Chicago.
(d) The Bait and Tackle Shop.
4. Whose signature does Ruth perfect?
5. What does Amanda wonder about while watching Clement swim?
(a) Why Clement is so nice to her.
(b) Why Clement likes Imogene.
(c) Why she had demanded an exclusive relationship with Clement.
(d) Why Clement didn't marry her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amanda admit to Ruth in Part 2, Chapter 17?
2. Whom does Ruth care for in Part 2, Chapter 20?
3. At Imogene's insistence, who dances with Ruth?
4. Where does Ruth hide when Amanda goes into labor?
5. Ruth suggests that she and Amanda go to ___________________ in Part 2, Chapter 19?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the letter Amanda finds.
2. What happens when Ruth goes to talk to Imogene after Imogene reads the letter from Arthur?
3. What happens after Imogene returns home after being away in Chicago?
4. Discuss Carl's trip to Clement's carriage house.
5. Discuss Amanda's trip to Clements.
6. What does Amanda yell to Clement while they are on the lake? What does Amanda do after yelling to Clement?
7. Discuss Carl's trip to the Cathedral.
8. Discuss the plan Mathilda concocts involving Amanda and her pregnancy.
9. What are Amanda's thoughts on her thumb?
10. Discuss the relationship between Imogene, Arthur, and Ruth.
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)