|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Amanda to become worried in Part 2, Chapter 12?
(a) She fears Ruth has died.
(b) She thinks she has driven Carl away.
(c) She fears Carl has died.
(d) She thinks Carl will take Ruth.
2. With whom does Imogene return to the island?
(a) Her husband and baby.
(c) Her baby.
(d) Her husband.
3. Who delivers a letter to Mathilda in Part 2, Chapter 15?
4. What is the name of the ship Carl gets a paying job on?
(a) The Mary Anna.
(b) The Andy Scott.
(c) The Elizabeth Sarah.
(d) The Rebecca Rae.
5. Who bites Amanda's thumb in order for Amanda's life to be saved?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Amanda spy on in Part 2, Chapter 14?
2. If Ruth had come back off the ice the night Imogene was born, what relationship would Ruth and Imogene have had with each other?
3. Who becomes jealous of Imogene's job with Mrs. Owen?
4. What is Carl's secret?
5. Who excels at shorthand, typing, and accounting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the new dance pavilion?
2. What happens after Imogene returns home after being away in Chicago?
3. Describe the letter that Ruth writes to Imogene.
4. What does Ruth learn about Imogene?
5. What are Amanda's thoughts on her thumb?
6. Discuss the paying job Carl gets.
7. Discuss the relationship between Imogene, Arthur, and Ruth.
8. What happens when Clement disappears without a word?
9. What happens when Amanda goes into labor?
10. What do Amanda and Clement do while on the lake?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)