|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Amanda spy on in Part 2, Chapter 14?
(a) The Lindsgrens' House.
(b) The Owens' House.
2. Whom does Ruth care for in Part 2, Chapter 20?
3. What do the low farm prices make people want to do in protest?
(a) Shut down their farms.
(b) Break eggs.
(c) Dump milk.
(d) Not sell their goods.
4. Who delivers a letter to Mathilda in Part 2, Chapter 15?
5. Whose signature does Ruth perfect?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Ruth and Imogene agree to meet in Part 2, Chapter 19?
2. Who is Louisa?
3. What does Imogene lose faith in?
4. What is the name of the ship Carl gets a paying job on?
5. Who creates a plan involving Amanda's baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Amanda goes into labor?
2. What happens at the new dance pavilion?
3. What does Amanda yell to Clement while they are on the lake? What does Amanda do after yelling to Clement?
4. What happens when Ruth goes to talk to Imogene after Imogene reads the letter from Arthur?
5. What does Ruth learn about Imogene?
6. Discuss the relationship between Imogene, Arthur, and Ruth.
7. Discuss Carl's trip to Clement's carriage house.
8. Discuss Carl's trip to the Cathedral.
9. What do Amanda and Clement do while on the lake?
10. What happens during Arthur and Ruth's time spent together in Part 2, Chapter 15?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)