|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does not hit if off well upon their meeting?
(a) Ruth and Mathilda.
(b) Ruth and Carl.
(c) Mathilda and Carl.
(d) Ruth and Amanda.
2. Mathilda is married to __________.
3. Who considers starting a tour boat company?
(a) Clement and Arthur.
(c) Amanda and Mathilda.
(d) Amanda and Imogene.
4. How many girls are said to eat lunch together at school?
(c) A dozen.
5. Who buys the materials for the cabin that Carl and Mathilda build?
(a) Mathilda's father.
(d) Carl's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Amanda go in order to check on Imogene?
2. Where does Ruth go in order to play hide-and-seek?
3. Who says there are things that children need not know?
4. Who owns a silver, monogrammed pocketknife?
5. What keeps Clement from straying from his marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Clement contemplate in Part 1, Chapter 5?
2. Discuss the dream Amanda has involving Mathilda.
3. Discuss the adjustment for Amanda, Carl, and Ruth to become a family.
4. What causes a doctor to recommend that Amanda should go to St. Michael's?
5. Who is Bert Weiss?
6. What is recalled about Amanda when Mathilda is born?
7. Discuss Carl's and Ruth's relationship when Carl returns home.
8. Discuss Amanda's actions when Carl writes about returning home.
9. How do Ruth and Imogene become friends?
10. Discuss Amanda's visits to the Bait and Tackle shop.
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)