|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tries to teach Ruth to swim?
(a) Her friends.
2. Who takes Ruth out on Fridays?
3. Whom does Carl find chin-deep in frigid water at the lake?
4. Whom does Amanda want to buy out of their half of the farm?
5. Who drops Clement's vacuum idea?
(a) The Army.
(b) The Corporal's office.
(c) The White House.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who speaks with donors involving summer houses and social clubs?
2. What does Amanda realize about Imogene when visiting her?
3. Who is missing in Part 1,Chapter 2?
4. What month does Mathilda and Carl get married in?
5. Who reports a missing person to Sheriff Kuhtz?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens during Carl's visit to Mathilda's grave?
2. How do Ruth and Imogene become friends?
3. Where does Ruth often take Imogene to visit?
4. Discuss the wedding of Carl and Mathilda.
5. What does Clement convince Theresa to invest in?
6. Who is Bert Weiss?
7. Discuss the Lakeridge School.
8. Why can't Amanda face returning to the island?
9. What occurs when Clement prepares to go to Washington?
10. What is Ruth's behavior toward Hilda?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)