|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Carl and Ruth do on Saturdays?
(b) Listen to the radio.
(c) Watch tv.
(d) Go out on a boat.
2. Who drops Clement's vacuum idea?
(b) The White House.
(c) The Corporal's office.
(d) The Army.
3. Where does Amanda have puncture wounds?
(a) Her thumb.
(b) Her elbow.
(c) Her foot.
(d) Her forearm.
4. Imogene talks Ruth into taking______________ to the island.
(a) Harrison and Todd.
(b) Jacob and Ellis.
(c) Lewis and Ray.
(d) Joe and Ray.
5. Who is nicknamed Amy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What keeps Clement from straying from his marriage?
2. Who is considered to be uppity at Mathilda's birth?
3. What shape is the scar around Amanda's thumb?
4. What kind of party does Carl have in Part 1, Chapter 6?
5. Who takes Ruth out on Fridays?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Bert Weiss?
2. What does Theresa do during the day?
3. What is recalled about Amanda when Mathilda is born?
4. What does Clement convince Theresa to invest in?
5. How do Amanda's parents die?
6. What occurs when Clement prepares to go to Washington?
7. Discuss Carl's and Ruth's relationship when Carl returns home.
8. Why can't Amanda face returning to the island?
9. What happens on March 27, 1919?
10. What does Clement contemplate in Part 1, Chapter 5?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)