|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ruth go in order to play hide-and-seek?
(a) To the island.
(b) Inside a cave.
(c) To the lake.
(d) Under an overhanging willow.
2. Who comes between Amanda and Mathilda?
3. Who is somewhat irritated by Ruth's relationship with Carl?
4. What keeps Clement from straying from his marriage?
(a) Theresa's interest in building their house.
(b) His lack of interest in women.
(c) Theresa's thoughts of divorcing him
(d) His strong interest in Theresa.
5. What is the name of the school that Ruth attends?
(a) Sunny Pastures.
(b) The Lakeridge School.
(c) Randolph Elementary.
(d) Dalraida Elementary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mathilda stare at for the first time in Part 2, Chapter 10?
2. Whose voice does Amanda hear coming from both Ruth and Imogene?
3. When Amanda clings to Ruth, what emotion is Amanda drowning in?
4. Who shows symptoms of nausea, tiredness, and a lack of coordination?
5. Who is nicknamed Amy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Amanda's reaction to Ruth being at the island?
2. What does Ruth remember about the night she hid under the bed at the cabin?
3. What happens on the morning when Ruth cries for her mother?
4. Discuss the Lakeridge School.
5. What happens on March 27, 1919?
6. How do Ruth and Imogene become friends?
7. Discuss the dream Amanda has involving Mathilda.
8. Where does Ruth often take Imogene to visit?
9. What does Theresa do during the day?
10. Discuss the narration in Part 1, Chapter 1.
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)