|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amanda wonder about while watching Clement swim?
(a) Why Clement is so nice to her.
(b) Why Clement likes Imogene.
(c) Why she had demanded an exclusive relationship with Clement.
(d) Why Clement didn't marry her.
2. What does Imogene lose faith in?
(c) The advertising business.
(d) Finding her mother.
3. What happens to the letter that Imogene takes to Arthur?
(a) It falls into a mud puddle.
(b) It is torn to pieces.
(c) It gets stepped on.
(d) The wind pushes it into the lake.
4. What will Amanda not allow Carl to do?
(a) Take Ruth away.
(b) Send her to the hospital.
(c) Leave without Ruth.
(d) Kill her.
5. If Ruth had come back off the ice the night Imogene was born, what relationship would Ruth and Imogene have had with each other?
(c) Best friends.
6. For whom does Ruth begin to have feelings?
7. Who panics when Amanda goes into labor?
8. Who creates a plan involving Amanda's baby?
9. What causes Amanda to become worried in Part 2, Chapter 12?
(a) She thinks Carl will take Ruth.
(b) She fears Ruth has died.
(c) She thinks she has driven Carl away.
(d) She fears Carl has died.
10. Who is insistent for Ruth to forge a letter?
11. Who is calm when Amanda goes into labor?
12. Who delivers a letter to Mathilda in Part 2, Chapter 15?
13. Who bites Amanda's thumb in order for Amanda's life to be saved?
14. Whose signature does Ruth perfect?
15. Whom will Amanda give her baby to when it is born?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Carl intend to kill?
2. Who dictates a letter to Imogene?
3. What does Ruth notice when arriving home in Part 2, Chapter 15?
4. All of the summer boys dote on _________.
5. With whom does Imogene return to the island?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)