|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Ruth care for in Part 2, Chapter 20?
2. What is Carl's secret?
(a) Lifelong shyness.
(b) Murdering a friend.
(c) Lifelong cowardice.
3. What does Imogene give Ruth for good luck?
(a) The blue marble.
(b) A locket.
(c) A picture frame.
(d) The red marble.
4. Who excels at shorthand, typing, and accounting?
5. Whose body heat revives Ruth after falling through the ice?
6. Where does Ruth hide when Amanda goes into labor?
(a) Under a blanket.
(b) In the closet.
(c) Under the table.
(d) Under the bed.
7. Who is Louisa?
(a) Ruth's daughter.
(b) Imogene's daughter.
(c) Imogene's friend.
(d) Amanda's friend.
8. Who offers to type the letters that Imogene leaves for Ruth?
(b) Mrs. Owens.
9. Who dictates a letter to Imogene?
10. Who dismisses the idea of Clement having feelings for Imogene?
11. What happens to the letter that Imogene takes to Arthur?
(a) It is torn to pieces.
(b) The wind pushes it into the lake.
(c) It gets stepped on.
(d) It falls into a mud puddle.
12. Who watches Ruth pack before she leaves town?
13. What does Ruth notice when arriving home in Part 2, Chapter 15?
(a) Clement is missing.
(b) A boat on the lake.
(c) A car at her house.
(d) Carl is missing.
14. All of the summer boys dote on _________.
15. Amanda takes a rowboat to go and see _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Amanda to become worried in Part 2, Chapter 12?
2. Amanda resents people thinking they have the right to _________________.
3. What does Imogene lose faith in?
4. Where do Amanda and Clement go in Part 2, Chapter 15?
5. What will Amanda not allow Carl to do?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)