|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom do Imogene and Ruth hope to meet at the new dance pavilion?
(a) Athletic boys.
(b) Bad boys.
(c) Wealthy summer boys.
(d) Wealthy men.
2. All of the summer boys dote on _________.
3. If Ruth had come back off the ice the night Imogene was born, what relationship would Ruth and Imogene have had with each other?
(b) Best friends.
4. Who panics when Amanda goes into labor?
5. What does Imogene give Ruth for good luck?
(a) A locket.
(b) A picture frame.
(c) The blue marble.
(d) The red marble.
6. What does Amanda admit to Ruth in Part 2, Chapter 17?
(a) She is Ruth's mother.
(b) She is not Ruth's aunt.
(c) She is Imogene's aunt.
(d) She is Imogene's mother.
7. How many laps does Clement swim before becoming exhausted when on the lake with Amanda?
8. Whom does Ruth care for in Part 2, Chapter 20?
9. Who becomes jealous of Imogene's job with Mrs. Owen?
10. Who offers to type the letters that Imogene leaves for Ruth?
(c) Mrs. Owens.
11. What washes ashore in Part 2, Chapter 20?
(a) Clement's body.
(b) A pill box.
(c) Mathilda's body.
(d) A news clipping.
12. Who excels at shorthand, typing, and accounting?
13. For whom does Ruth begin to have feelings?
14. What happens to the letter that Imogene takes to Arthur?
(a) It falls into a mud puddle.
(b) It gets stepped on.
(c) It is torn to pieces.
(d) The wind pushes it into the lake.
15. What will Amanda not allow Carl to do?
(a) Take Ruth away.
(b) Leave without Ruth.
(c) Kill her.
(d) Send her to the hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who dictates a letter to Imogene?
2. What does Ruth notice when arriving home in Part 2, Chapter 15?
3. Who is insistent for Ruth to forge a letter?
4. Amanda takes a rowboat to go and see _____________.
5. Who creates a plan involving Amanda's baby?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)