|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the boys and girls play in order to get a glimpse at each other's underwear or to get a kiss from each other?
(c) Jump rope.
(d) Dodge ball.
2. Who refrains from commenting on Ruth's friendship with Imogene?
3. What does Carl show Amanda that causes her to become nervous?
(a) A pocket knife.
(b) A picture frame.
(c) A newspaper clipping.
(d) A ring.
4. Where does Amanda have puncture wounds?
(a) Her forearm.
(b) Her thumb.
(c) Her elbow.
(d) Her foot.
5. Who is too ill to attend Mathilda's and Carl's wedding?
(a) Mathilda's mother.
6. What shape is the scar around Amanda's thumb?
(a) Moon shaped.
(b) Star shaped.
(c) Claw shaped.
(d) Sun shaped.
7. Who is considered to be uppity at Mathilda's birth?
(d) Mathilda's mother.
8. Amanda agrees to take time away from _____________.
(a) Her family.
(b) Her house.
(c) Her friends.
(d) Her work.
9. Who drops Clement's vacuum idea?
(b) The Corporal's office.
(c) The White House.
(d) The Army.
10. Who teaches Amanda arithmetic?
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
11. What will Mathilda have to help Amanda do involving her pregnancy?
(a) Keep it a secret.
(b) Deliver her baby.
(c) Kill the baby.
(d) Keep her baby.
12. What does Amanda keep in order to remember Mathilda?
(a) News clippings.
(b) A video.
(c) A picture.
(d) A necklace.
13. Who reports a missing person to Sheriff Kuhtz?
14. Who cannot face returning to the island?
15. What does Theresa raise money for in Part 1, Chapter 5?
(a) The public library.
(b) A food drive.
(c) The public grocery store.
(d) Rental houses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who looks down upon Carl?
2. What does Amanda recall little Ruth wanting to do when she and Mathilda want to sleep?
3. Who disciplines Ruth with a wooden spoon?
4. How long do Mathilda and Carl date before marrying?
5. What month does Mathilda and Carl get married in?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)