|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is not surprised when Amanda goes to Saint Michael's?
(b) The neighbor's.
2. Who owns a silver, monogrammed pocketknife?
3. What does Imogene give Ruth when Ruth's tooth is pulled?
(a) A handkerchief.
(b) A hug.
(c) A nickel.
(d) A quarter.
4. Who considers becoming a nun?
5. Ruth has nightmares of ______________.
(a) Being left alone.
(b) Being dragged to the bottom of the lake.
(c) Being thrown overboard a boat.
(d) Not having any friends.
6. When Carl goes to visit Amanda at St. Michael's, what words best describe Amanda?
(a) Clean and unresponsive.
(b) Happy and healthy.
(c) Unkempt and unresponsive.
(d) Happy and responsive.
7. Whom does Imogene consider being in a past life?
(a) A pilgrim.
(c) A bird.
(d) A chipmunk.
8. What does Amanda realize about Imogene when visiting her?
(a) She has the flu.
(b) She has pneumonia.
(c) She has scarlet fever.
(d) She is beautiful.
9. Amanda agrees to take time away from _____________.
(a) Her house.
(b) Her work.
(c) Her friends.
(d) Her family.
10. Where does Amanda have puncture wounds?
(a) Her forearm.
(b) Her thumb.
(c) Her elbow.
(d) Her foot.
11. During a game at school, where does Imogene hide?
(a) Behind a tree.
(b) In a concrete culvert.
(c) In the library.
(d) In the lunchroom.
12. What keeps Clement from straying from his marriage?
(a) His lack of interest in women.
(b) His strong interest in Theresa.
(c) Theresa's thoughts of divorcing him
(d) Theresa's interest in building their house.
13. When Amanda clings to Ruth, what emotion is Amanda drowning in?
14. Who finds it wrong to lie to Ruth?
15. Imogene recruits Ruth to beat ______________at marbles.
(a) Bert Weiss.
(b) Jacob Weiss.
(c) Browning Weiss.
(d) Bubba Weiss.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Ruth bite in Part, 1, Chapter 6?
2. Who throws Ruth overboard a boat in order to teach her to swim?
3. Where is Ruth ashamed that she would often take Imogene?
4. Where does Amanda go in order to check on Imogene?
5. Who mimics Hilda?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)