|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carl compare the lake to when talking with Ruth?
(b) A giant bathtub.
(c) A dream.
(d) An ocean.
2. Who disciplines Ruth with a wooden spoon?
3. Where does Hilda live?
(a) Tomahawk, WI.
(b) Los Angelos, CA.
(c) Chicago, IL.
(d) Boston, MA.
4. What shape is the scar around Amanda's thumb?
(a) Star shaped.
(b) Claw shaped.
(c) Sun shaped.
(d) Moon shaped.
5. Who considers starting a tour boat company?
(a) Amanda and Imogene.
(b) Clement and Arthur.
(d) Amanda and Mathilda.
6. Whom do the schoolboys try to impress at school?
(a) The class.
(b) The teacher.
7. Who is missing in Part 1,Chapter 2?
8. Who is Ruth's mother?
9. What do Ruth and her friends find open on the island?
(a) A window.
(b) A car.
(c) A journal.
(d) A cabin.
10. Ruth has nightmares of ______________.
(a) Being dragged to the bottom of the lake.
(b) Being left alone.
(c) Not having any friends.
(d) Being thrown overboard a boat.
11. Whom does Amanda prepare a room for after receiving a letter?
12. What keeps Clement from straying from his marriage?
(a) His lack of interest in women.
(b) Theresa's thoughts of divorcing him
(c) Theresa's interest in building their house.
(d) His strong interest in Theresa.
13. Who drops Clement's vacuum idea?
(a) The Army.
(c) The Corporal's office.
(d) The White House.
14. Imogene talks Ruth into taking______________ to the island.
(a) Lewis and Ray.
(b) Joe and Ray.
(c) Harrison and Todd.
(d) Jacob and Ellis.
15. Who throws Ruth overboard a boat in order to teach her to swim?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is badgered into moving to the island?
2. What color marble does Ruth win from Bert?
3. Who is patronizing about money in Part, 1, Chapter 5?
4. Who is considered to be uppity at Mathilda's birth?
5. Whom does Imogene consider being in a past life?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)