|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose comments cause Carl's suspicions of Mathilda's drowning to rise?
2. Who demands that Carl board up the island?
3. What does Carl compare the lake to when talking with Ruth?
(a) An ocean.
(b) A dream.
(d) A giant bathtub.
4. How old is Ruth in April 1920?
5. What does Mathilda stare at for the first time in Part 2, Chapter 10?
(a) Amanda's pregnant belly.
(b) Ruth's face.
(c) Amanda's manners.
(d) Ruth's curls.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who becomes jealous of Imogene's job with Mrs. Owen?
2. Who considers starting a tour boat company?
3. What does Amanda keep in order to remember Mathilda?
4. When Amanda clings to Ruth, what emotion is Amanda drowning in?
5. Imogene talks Ruth into taking______________ to the island.
This section contains 158 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)