|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a child, what does Ruth believe her mother to be?
(a) An Indian.
(b) A mermaid.
(c) A fairy.
(d) An angel.
2. Who throws Ruth overboard a boat in order to teach her to swim?
3. Who is patronizing about money in Part, 1, Chapter 5?
4. Ruth has nightmares of ______________.
(a) Not having any friends.
(b) Being thrown overboard a boat.
(c) Being left alone.
(d) Being dragged to the bottom of the lake.
5. What keeps Clement from straying from his marriage?
(a) Theresa's interest in building their house.
(b) His strong interest in Theresa.
(c) Theresa's thoughts of divorcing him
(d) His lack of interest in women.
Short Answer Questions
1. Imogene talks Ruth into taking______________ to the island.
2. What does Amanda teach Ruth to do in Part 2, Chapter 10?
3. What word best describes the house that Clement and Theresa build?
4. What does Mathilda stare at for the first time in Part 2, Chapter 10?
5. What do Ruth and her friends find open on the island?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)