|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator call his father?
2. Who writes that he is coming home?
3. Who supports the family while the father is gone?
(a) The grandfather
(b) A priest
(c) The grandmother
(d) An uncle
4. What does Lucero mean in Spanish?
(b) The moon
(c) Shining star
5. What does the aunt tell the narrator to do when he has finished eating?
(a) Suck a mint
(c) Drink water
(d) Brush his teeth
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the kids now recognize Yunior as?
2. What does Yunior imagine his father tracing on his cheek?
3. What does Sinverguenzas mean?
4. What transport do Mami and Yunior take to the mall?
5. What part of his body does the narrator punch to wake himself up?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mami afraid of living in her apartment?
2. What happens to Papi when he drinks?
3. What happens at the corner?
4. What homosexual experiences has Yunior had?
5. In what condition is the narrator's girlfriend?
6. How is school difficult for the narrator?
7. What is chapter four about?
8. Why does Papi push his way to the shower as soon as he arrives home?
9. How did Papi and Mami try to cure the narrator of his car sickness?
10. How does the narrator feel when his girlfriend is released from the juvenile hall?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)