|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rafa learn to read?
(a) At church
(b) By himself
(c) At school
(d) At work
2. Who supports the family while the father is gone?
(a) An uncle
(b) A priest
(c) The grandmother
(d) The grandfather
3. What does Aguantando mean?
(c) Going home
(d) Holding on
4. What does Rafa hit Ysrael with?
(a) A glass
(b) A book
(c) A bottle
(d) A stick
5. What kind of people do Yunior and his friends like to abuse?
(a) Rich kids
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator compare his girlfriend's skinniness to?
2. Who writes that he is coming home?
3. What country invaded the Domincan Republic in 1965?
4. What does Yunior hope the kids don't ask from him at the mall?
5. What kind of tree did Yunior try to stab?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is chapter four about?
2. Why does Yunior call his mother shadow warrior?
3. How does Papi try to prevent the narrator from eating at the party?
4. How did security catch Beto and Yunior shoplifting?
5. What does the reader know about Papi from the other stories?
6. What happens to Papi when he drinks?
7. Who do the narrator and Cut sell drugs to?
8. How does the narrator feel when his girlfriend is released from the juvenile hall?
9. Why is Papi upset with the narrator?
10. How does the narrator spend the evening with his girlfriend?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)