|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rafa learn to read?
(a) At church
(b) At school
(c) By himself
(d) At work
2. What drug are the narrator and his girlfriend on while they watch TV?
3. What did Yunior and Beto used to do at the mall?
(a) Sell drugs
(c) Pick up women
4. Which of the narrator's friends has an afro?
5. What kind of photos does Yunior have of his father?
(a) Sepia photos
(b) Color photos
(d) Black and white photos
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kicks the two boys off the bus?
2. What was the name of the neighbor Yunior used to play with?
3. What is the title of the final section of the story?
4. What part of America do the family move to?
5. Who writes that he is coming home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Papi when he drinks?
2. Why is Papi upset with the narrator?
3. How does Rafa treat his brother in the city?
4. How does Ysrael try to help the two boys?
5. How did Ysrael disfigure his face?
6. What does Papi tell Mami on the phone?
7. What homosexual experiences has Yunior had?
8. In what condition is the narrator's girlfriend?
9. Why is Mami afraid of living in her apartment?
10. How do the family react when Papi sends them a second letter saying he is coming home?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)