|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eddie tell Myron about Pavel's tennis camp?
2. How does Win beat Aaron the night of Jessica's attack?
3. What does Lucinda Elright do for a living now that she retired?
4. How does Jessica react when Myron tells her she needs to go away for a while?
5. What does Kenneth tell Myron and Win about Helen at the funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Myron learn from the assistant medical examiner.?
2. Why does Frank Ache run Myron off of the road?
3. What does Myron confront Deanna about when he goes to the hotel to speak with her and not Duane?
4. What is Jessica's take on the murder investigation as she shares with Myron?
5. Upon returning to the tennis match, what thoughts does Myron bring with him and what does he share with Win?
6. How does Myron present his thoughts to Dr. Abramson after he comes to a realization at the tennis match and leaves to go speak with her. What transpires in their conversation?
7. What is the relationship like between Jessica and Myron?
8. What kind of a person is Lucinda Elright?
9. What happens at Jessica's apartment after she has dinner with Myron and goes home alone?
10. What occurs in the match between Duane and Michel Brishny? What is the final outcome?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Valerie a victim of greed? Give evidence of greed in the book and also explain what characters affect her the most.
Essay Topic 2
How is violence a theme of the novel? Give examples of violence and explain its impact on the story line.
Essay Topic 3
How is Deanna Yeller a victim? Give 2 to 3 examples from the book and use quotes to support your statements.
This section contains 1,259 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)