|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question doesn't Myron ask Deanna when he visits her at the hotel?
2. What was the one thug wearing on his head when he jumped out of Frank's limo?
3. What does Deanna ask of Myron when he sees her in the hotel?
4. What words does Myron use to tell Jessica how he feels about her when he finally gets to see her after her return?
5. What happens to Fishnet and the black man who is with him at Jessica's apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Esperanza discover about Ned Tunwell?
2. What does Aunt Clara call Myron about?
3. What two events occur after Myron returns to his office from the tennis match and how does he handle them?
4. What kind of a person is Lucinda Elright?
5. What does Myron learn from the assistant medical examiner.?
6. What does Myron find when he arrives at Pavel's hotel room?
7. Where does Myron track Duane to with Win's help and what does he see Duane doing? How is Myron confused by this event?
8. What is Baumgart like?
9. How does Duane react when Myron visits him in the player's lounge just before the last US Open match?
10. What occurs in the match between Duane and Michel Brishny? What is the final outcome?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Helen Van Slyke as much to blame for her daughter's death as the person who killed her? Give evidence from her interaction with others to support your statements.
Essay Topic 2
What was Win's involvement with Valerie and how did this involvement lead him to certain violent acts?
Essay Topic 3
How is Curtis a victim of the system? How does his mother attempt to rectify the situation and how does she ultimately make it worse? Give specific examples from the book and include the impact of her decisions or actions.
This section contains 1,130 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)