|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the set score between Duane and Michel Brishny?
2. What does Myron tell Duane right before he walks out to the courts with Thomas Craig?
3. What does Aaron plan on doing to Jessica when she enters her apartment and finds him there?
4. Where does Myron find Pavel the morning after Jessica's attack?
5. What is Duane doing in the player's lounge when Myron visits him right before the match?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Myron need from Gregory and how does he get it?
2. What is Jessica's take on the murder investigation as she shares with Myron?
3. Why does Frank Ache run Myron off of the road?
4. What two events occur after Myron returns to his office from the tennis match and how does he handle them?
5. What does Myron confront Deanna about when he goes to the hotel to speak with her and not Duane?
6. How does Duane react when Myron visits him in the player's lounge just before the last US Open match?
7. What happens at Jessica's apartment after she has dinner with Myron and goes home alone?
8. What does Myron learn from Ned about the night of the party at the tennis club?
9. What thought runs through Myron's mind as he walks back to the office from the hotel of Pavel's murder?
10. What does Esperanza discover about Ned Tunwell?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Esperanza's role throughout the novel, besides that she works for Myron? Consider her character traits and the influence that she has on the story line when writing your response.
Essay Topic 2
How does Pavel represent what is wrong with a system that allows adults to profit from children?
Essay Topic 3
What role does Julie Abramson play throughout the novel? Has she helped or hurt those that she was involved with?
This section contains 1,217 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)