|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Clara thank Myron for?
2. What does Myron tell Jimmy Blaine about Curtis' shooting?
3. What does Deanna ask of Myron when he sees her in the hotel?
4. Whose hand does Pavel shake that sparks a thought in Myron's mind while he is at the tennis match?
5. What is unique about the Chinese restaurant where Myron and Jessica often dine?
Short Essay Questions
1. Upon returning to the tennis match, what thoughts does Myron bring with him and what does he share with Win?
2. What does Esperanza discover about Ned Tunwell?
3. What is Jessica's take on the murder investigation as she shares with Myron?
4. What information does Myron need from Gregory and how does he get it?
5. What happens at Jessica's apartment after she has dinner with Myron and goes home alone?
6. What is Baumgart like?
7. What does Myron learn from Lucinda about Curtis?
8. What transpires between Eddie and Myron in the locker room the day of the tennis match?
9. What does Jimmy Blaine add to the story of Curtis Yeller?
10. Where does Myron track Duane to with Win's help and what does he see Duane doing? How is Myron confused by this event?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Win's family background? How does he differ from the stereotype of that background?
Essay Topic 2
What role does Julie Abramson play throughout the novel? Has she helped or hurt those that she was involved with?
Essay Topic 3
How is Curtis a victim of the system? How does his mother attempt to rectify the situation and how does she ultimately make it worse? Give specific examples from the book and include the impact of her decisions or actions.
This section contains 1,261 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)